Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Okay, will keep a look out for your DIY screen :)

Thanks for pointing out about the main door as well. May have to add in a kerb then.. additional cost..... :o

Not sure if attaching a rubber at the bottom of the door can keep them out though, got to check it out with my ID. The rubber looks something like the below:

A19010-7781-xl.jpg

You can install this rubber but if the rubber is too soft, lizards n roaches will still be able to squeeze through.

Another thing, since rubber cause friction when opening/closing, it will be sweeping your floor and dirt/dust will be trap below.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your contractor/ID should be able to do the small curb for u FOC. Its not a big item anyway.

I will be getting this http://www.amazon.com/Window-Sealed-Hollow-Rubber-Adhesive/dp/B005XITHE4 or this http://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-1025-All-Climate/dp/B000HE7YQM/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_z/178-3472156-0263934 to stick on the curb so that when u close the door, hopefully it will be able to prevent whatever crawlers from entering.

Edited by Vct

You can install this rubber but if the rubber is too soft, lizards n roaches will still be able to squeeze through.

Another thing, since rubber cause friction when opening/closing, it will be sweeping your floor and dirt/dust will be trap below.

Thanks for highlighting these.. Are you building the kerb at your main door to overcome this problem too?

Your contractor/ID should be able to do the small curb for u FOC. Its not a big item anyway.

I will be getting this http://www.amazon.com/Window-Sealed-Hollow-Rubber-Adhesive/dp/B005XITHE4 to stick on the curb so that when u close the door, hopefully it will be able to prevent whatever crawlers from entering.

Realised we posted at the same time. Haha.

I thought usually will charge coz the shower kerbs are also not very big, but my ID did charge for those..

Will try to ask for it FOC ;)

Thanks for highlighting these.. Are you building the kerb at your main door to overcome this problem too?

A definite YES! :)

I just realised i spelled "kerb" into "curb"!

Too stress, reno starting nx week.....

I'll check out how u gonna do the insects thingy! I'm scared of those crawlers too ..... :P

Im not too disturb by the insects/crawlers but wifey n kids detest n at the same time afraid of "them". To make things worst, my unit is very low so........ Lol....

Oh btw jiawen, u need to check if there's gaps in between the walls n your window grills, if not its pointless to install the insect screen. If no grills just windows then ok. I've got my contractor to fill silicon at the window grills sitting at my wall.

I just realised i spelled "kerb" into "curb"!

Too stress, reno starting nx week.....

Haha, I didn't realise that till you pointed it out. Anyway, jiayou with the reno process and may it will be a smooth one!

Im not too disturb by the insects/crawlers but wifey n kids detest n at the same time afraid of "them". To make things worst, my unit is very low so........ Lol....

Oh btw jiawen, u need to check if there's gaps in between the walls n your window grills, if not its pointless to install the insect screen. If no grills just windows then ok. I've got my contractor to fill silicon at the window grills sitting at my wall.

Another thing noted! I will have grills coz of safety reasons. But definitely will make sure I check all corners for possibilities of them entering when I get the keys so they won't get a chance :fire:

Try the brush type. works for me. i have this on all my doors.

763780818_957.jpg

mds5.JPG

Thanks for sharing this! Will take note in case a kerb don't work out..

Wow! Thanks, guojiawen! I would most likely choose the first vendor for DIY. Saves a lot more $! :good:

I asked for bulk purchase pricing from him.. Additional 10% discount if purchase is $1000 or more.

Any renotalkers want to purchase?

After reading through I will take note to ask my ID/contractor to build a kerb there ...

Yup. Very helpful suggestion from Vct!

• Like 1