Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Happy Updates!

HDB finally updated the probable completion date from 2nd quarter 2014 to end April :dancingqueen:

• Like 1

will u consider the mosquito repellent lamp? haha actually i dono how it works or isit effective .... :P

Hehe. The insect screen is more for other things like cockroaches, lizards & beetles... not just mosquitos :yeah:

Hehe. The insect screen is more for other things like cockroaches, lizards & beetles... not just mosquitos :yeah:

I think time for me to consider. I spotted a baby lizard in our MBR yesterday :no:

Happy Updates!

HDB finally updated the probable completion date from 2nd quarter 2014 to end April :dancingqueen:

Congrats :good:

Ok this sentence just make me feel like getting one too. LoL ~

• Like 1

Happy Updates!

oh yay congrats guojiawen!! I cant wait for mine.. so **** desparate :X haha

I think time for me to consider. I spotted a baby lizard in our MBR yesterday :no:

Ok this sentence just make me feel like getting one too. LoL ~

Haha, though I haven gotten it yet and cannot give a review, it should be a good investment! :P

Congrats :good:

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to getting the keys and kick starting my reno...

oh yay congrats guojiawen!! I cant wait for mine.. so **** desparate :X haha

Hellonub, thanks! i totally understand how you feel.. it's like so near yet so far :dribble: when are you expecting your keys to be ready?

Updated the post on comparison on Singapore companies selling magnetic insect screens - Magnetic Screen replied with their quotation.

After thinking about it, it is likely that I won't be installing a screen on the metal gate for 1 main reason.

Whatever wants to get it can do so under the metal gate gap anyway. The insect screen will only cover the surface area of the metal gate itself. Since most of the companies charge by size, the $$ can be saved up..

That will mean I must keep my main door closed pretty often.. Else defeats the purpose of installing the screens in all the windows? Later the creepy crawlies come into the house and cannot find a way to escape :jawdrop: worst nightmare!

Updated the post on comparison on Singapore companies selling magnetic insect screens - Magnetic Screen replied with their quotation.

After thinking about it, it is likely that I won't be installing a screen on the metal gate for 1 main reason.

Whatever wants to get it can do so under the metal gate gap anyway. The insect screen will only cover the surface area of the metal gate itself. Since most of the companies charge by size, the $$ can be saved up..

That will mean I must keep my main door closed pretty often.. Else defeats the purpose of installing the screens in all the windows? Later the creepy crawlies come into the house and cannot find a way to escape :jawdrop: worst nightmare!

Jiawen, let me finish up my insect screen and show you. It should cost me less than $300 inclusive of the screen, magnet and 3M double sided tape.

Btw, did you realised there will be a gap in between your main door and floor? Yes, insect can crawl in from there as well as highlighted by u. Get your contractor to do a curb there and when u closed your main door, the gap will be closed up.

My 2cents...

Edited by Vct

Jiawen, let me finish up my insect screen and show you. It should cost me less than $300 inclusive of the screen, magnet and 3M double sided tape.

Btw, did you realised there will be a gap in between your main door and floor? Yes, insect can crawl in from there as well as highlighted by u. Get your contractor to do a curb there and when u closed your main door, the gap will be closed up.

My 2cents...

Okay, will keep a look out for your DIY screen :)

Thanks for pointing out about the main door as well. May have to add in a kerb then.. additional cost..... :o

Not sure if attaching a rubber at the bottom of the door can keep them out though, got to check it out with my ID. The rubber looks something like the below:

A19010-7781-xl.jpg