Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

i keep them in the storeroom where i am staying now. its not that huge to store, just a rainshower, thats y i buy it 1 year ago.

hehe this was actually a "testing buy" as its my first taobao purchase back then.

it cost ~$160 inclusive of air shipping. sea will be cheaper.

Where do you store them? I am shifting out soon and have to rent whilst paperwork for new place is done and for reno also.

do you recall the cost? Went in Tabao and came out *cross-eyed* probably ask my friend to help me out :idea:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Things have been happening very slowly in the house ... We think the carpenter is v slow!!! N hub is starting to get irritated :(

Actually our hse has been progressing quite swiftly until the carpentry stage. The hse was actually left untouched for 1 wk after the 1st coat of paint ... b4 we start seeing carpentry work to b up .... though the remaining task was above schedule, this delayed us in the end.

Workmanship wise I think is ok. But the carpenter really hv a bad sense of design. The mistakes r majority happening at the design side. For eg, our mbr wardrobe hv some lines design ... so the line from door to door doesn't align at all!!! Of cos this door can function perfectly fine (tts y I say workmanship is ok) but we definitely can't accept such ugly doors :(

Anyway we told the ID, last sat, some of the mistakes we found. At tt time I still think it's ok becos I expect some mistakes for rectifying ... n on top of tt my ID accepted it willingly ... but OMG I can't believe tt the carpenter is only gonna meet up my ID tml to discuss wad to change etc ....

OH MY GOD

it's almost a week! ... We still thot we could start tidying up the place this wkends... n it doesn't help when the furniture start calling u to cfm delivery dates ... Hub was really pissed tt nth was done for so many days ..

To make things worse ... All the remaining jobs lyk touching up paint n tiles grout will only b done after the carpentry is up...

Hope this slooooowwww process will b over soon. It's alr the last lapse! I jus need to b alittle more patient ...

*breath in-breath out*

Yup, I know how you feel... My SOOOO simple reno the most take 3 weeks, but now is already the 4th, and only the 1st coat of paint is up....

I had to change all delivery and change my plans... Lucky is I hve a place to stay, else really feel like killing my ID. :curse:

Oh dear, hope your ID will hasten the process and get the carpenter to do it properly the 2nd time round!

Last lap, jiayou jiayou!

focus on the light at the end of the tunnel . soon this will be over and you can enjoy your house.

but for now, concentrate on getting the stuff fixed, what's a few more days compared to years staying in the house ?

加油

Aiyo what happen this week ar?? Mine also like stuck, very slow progress. Today went up at around 3pm to spotcheck, was shock to see the workers all cleaning themselves (shocking part is not bcos they are naked) but 3pm all packing up liao?? I ask one of them and he say he also wanna fast fast finish up floor screed for me but no sand cant work. NO SAND? Why no sand ar? He say tmr then deliver, like that one day gone...

and have to use this to play :good:

12360694235_78f3c30bbf_c.jpg

Haha you have the doraemon one. I have this!! :wub: My mum bought this for me.. when we went taiwan together in March. Came back singapore tried out this MJ tiles.. So confusing due to kitty heads (for tong zi) & ribbons (for suo zi).. :blink:

IMG-20140322-WA0007.jpg

Yes the deposit that we forfeited is really heartache. But even heartache to spend more money on them for things not even worth so much. =D

Happy renovating..

Edited by CharisOng

thanks guys for the encouragement! :) n i'm sad to hear that some of ur reno r delayed jus lyk mine .... vct! ur sand will come soon don worry~~ seems lyk we r all on the same boat ... lets all hang in there for awhile more :sport-smiley-003:

yes i agree with u ahhboi! lucky i have a place to stay too! ... maybe that's also the reason they didn't prioritize our reno over other concurrent projects? :(

today hub is gg to drop by while carpenter & ID discuss the things to rectify ... hub is gg to "stress" them alittle .. hope the reno will continue to be smooth from now onwards! :lol:

Yup, I know how you feel... My SOOOO simple reno the most take 3 weeks, but now is already the 4th, and only the 1st coat of paint is up....

I had to change all delivery and change my plans... Lucky is I hve a place to stay, else really feel like killing my ID. :curse:

Oh dear, hope your ID will hasten the process and get the carpenter to do it properly the 2nd time round!

Last lap, jiayou jiayou!

focus on the light at the end of the tunnel . soon this will be over and you can enjoy your house.

but for now, concentrate on getting the stuff fixed, what's a few more days compared to years staying in the house ?

加油

Aiyo what happen this week ar?? Mine also like stuck, very slow progress. Today went up at around 3pm to spotcheck, was shock to see the workers all cleaning themselves (shocking part is not bcos they are naked) but 3pm all packing up liao?? I ask one of them and he say he also wanna fast fast finish up floor screed for me but no sand cant work. NO SAND? Why no sand ar? He say tmr then deliver, like that one day gone...

hahaha~! lucky mine doesn't hav the dora images for the tiles pattern so not that confusing. i love the dora printed chips the most~ hehe

we went to taiwan last year and been to the dora 100 exhibition. saw the mj tiles there and wanted to buy. but didn't in the end cos no animal tiles :( the design was more classy n feel more original (haha 心理作用 since its from the exhibition :P) ur kitty one hav animal tiles?

Haha you have the doraemon one. I have this!! :wub: My mum bought this for me.. when we went taiwan together in March. Came back singapore tried out this MJ tiles.. So confusing due to kitty heads (for tong zi) & ribbons (for suo zi).. :blink:

IMG-20140322-WA0007.jpg

Yes the deposit that we forfeited is really heartache. But even heartache to spend more money on them for things not even worth so much. =D

Happy renovating..

I actually decided to buy display cabinet only after everything is up so I knw where can I put ... cos I'm afraid to cramp up up the living room as mentioned earlier ...

But well, somehow we just have the purchasing kick ytd. :P we ended up with a display cabinet n an office chair within 15mins. Anyway I bought the $399 one with a further 10% discount.

ID says he will finish up everything by this week ... hope so! Starhub is coming down to do installation this Fri :D

n I'm all rdy to tidy up the house with the new dyson vacuum cleaner ... hahahaha still can't believe I buy such expensive vacuum cleaner ... hehe

OMG im so happy to randomly chance upon the display glass cabinet!! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

12832837593_c7109d2e80_c.jpg

12832832533_17a50fe2f8_c.jpg

was lost when ikea's went out of stock but finding these definitely make my day :lol: ..

hahaha~! lucky mine doesn't hav the dora images for the tiles pattern so not that confusing. i love the dora printed chips the most~ hehe

we went to taiwan last year and been to the dora 100 exhibition. saw the mj tiles there and wanted to buy. but didn't in the end cos no animal tiles :( the design was more classy n feel more original (haha 心理作用 since its from the exhibition :P) ur kitty one hav animal tiles?

Nope don't have animal tiles.. We didn't noticed till we had our first game. We arranged the tiles and my mum said "eh... Who take extra ah.. Why short of 4 tiles ah" initially we still dunno and open all tiles up and start to call out one by one.. 东 and everyone takes out dong. So on.. Till end den realized it's the animal tiles!!! Den we used blank ones and paste labeling stickers T.T

Nope don't have animal tiles.. We didn't noticed till we had our first game. We arranged the tiles and my mum said "eh... Who take extra ah.. Why short of 4 tiles ah" initially we still dunno and open all tiles up and start to call out one by one.. 东 and everyone takes out dong. So on.. Till end den realized it's the animal tiles!!! Den we used blank ones and paste labeling stickers T.T

Labeling stickers ?

How is it like and can stay on the tiles ?

Can stay, we use initials. R - Rooster; W - Worm; C - Cat; M - Mouse

Didn't use centipede cuz it clashes with cat. XD

Something like brother labelling machine but my sis uses casio.

Can stay, we use initials. R - Rooster; W - Worm; C - Cat; M - Mouse

Didn't use centipede cuz it clashes with cat. XD

Something like brother labelling machine but my sis uses casio.

Hahaha ~

Very creative.

Was checking with this as my friend's mahjong tile lost 1 of the animal tile and using the extra (Fei) card for it currently.