Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

11 May is the official move in date for us! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

movinghse+001.JPG

*image borrowed from ygblog4

bought this charcoal stove and 柴、米、油、盐、酱、醋、茶 to the new house early in the morning (auspicious time: 7-9am) the charcoal was lit up till flaming bright red and brought into the kitchen by hub ... we then use the flaming fire to cook a pot of water and use it to make tea .... we then spend the whole afternoon buying some stuff, tidying up the house and preparing for dinner at night .... we then end the day with steamboat dinner with my hub's parents ...

a simple and cosy shifting in for us :wub:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

11 May is the official move in date for us! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

movinghse+001.JPG

*image borrowed from ygblog4

bought this charcoal stove and 柴、米、油、盐、酱、醋、茶 to the new house early in the morning (auspicious time: 7-9am) the charcoal was lit up till flaming bright red and brought into the kitchen by hub ... we then use the flaming fire to cook a pot of water and use it to make tea .... we then spend the whole afternoon buying some stuff, tidying up the house and preparing for dinner at night .... we then end the day with steamboat dinner with my hub's parents ...

a simple and cosy shifting in for us :wub:

Are you suppose to go over it?? Seems I was told to get this too, but I find it a hassle.

Alas, seems I may not have a choice on this else will have buzzing noises for a long long long time...

for my case we didnt cross over the fire, we just carry the stove into the house then to the kitchen ...

hahaha its not tt difficult actually ... or u can just do it n avoid the buzzing noises hehe ...

but the downside is i dono wad to do with the bag of charcoal lolsss ... :dunno:

Are you suppose to go over it?? Seems I was told to get this too, but I find it a hassle.

Alas, seems I may not have a choice on this else will have buzzing noises for a long long long time...

kuche all working good!! :good: am using washer, dryer n oven from kuche.

the washer & dryer are those very basic kind. each have those pre-set programmes for different types of clothes, which i don't really know how to use and what they can do .... after trying out afew programme i'm sticking to washer: standard 30 oC & dryer: 90 mins (for thick material like jeans) or 60 mins (eg normal thin t-shirts).

i thot my first oven usage is to bake some cakes ... but no! hahaha my first attempt with the oven is to bake chicken drumstick! the feedback for the chicken is good, the meat is tender and the skin is crispy :wub:

bro yan, kuche all working well? :D

• Like 2

there is no waiting time actually! maybe cause nowadays the water piping very short

the very first time we use the storage heater ... we let it on for ~20 mins before we start using.

then there was once i tried going to bath immediately i switch on, thinking its ok to rinse some cold water first since weather is so hot. but surprisingly, i have hot water to use almost immediately, like withing 30 sec kind! so subsequently i didn't wait anymore ..... :lol:

another incident, hub already switched on the heater and bathed in the morning. then in the afternoon he only wanted a quick rinse of water so he didn't switch on the heater, but still can enjoy the remaining stored hot water from morning.

but we have not tried using both toilet to shower at the same time yet......

May I know how long is the waiting time for the water to heat up using storage heater? Thanks.

but the downside is i dono wad to do with the bag of charcoal lolsss ... :dunno:

organise barbecue session. :D

• Like 1

for my case we didnt cross over the fire, we just carry the stove into the house then to the kitchen ...

hahaha its not tt difficult actually ... or u can just do it n avoid the buzzing noises hehe ...

Maybe you can pass me some lol...I think we are neighbours!

Oh ya, thankful kuche oven is great cos I have one too =)

there is no waiting time actually! maybe cause nowadays the water piping very short

the very first time we use the storage heater ... we let it on for ~20 mins before we start using.

then there was once i tried going to bath immediately i switch on, thinking its ok to rinse some cold water first since weather is so hot. but surprisingly, i have hot water to use almost immediately, like withing 30 sec kind! so subsequently i didn't wait anymore ..... :lol:

another incident, hub already switched on the heater and bathed in the morning. then in the afternoon he only wanted a quick rinse of water so he didn't switch on the heater, but still can enjoy the remaining stored hot water from morning.

but we have not tried using both toilet to shower at the same time yet......

Thanks Yan

As I read some review elsewhere, the heater need to be switch on 5mins before use.

Any idea the remaining stored hot water can last for how many hours?

Minnielt

Depends on many factors. Bigger tank can keep more hot water as hot water is always drawn from the top. Also depends on the average temperature of the remaining water. Obviously if there is more hot water remaining, then it last longer.

It's like a thermos flask. Assuming half a tank of water left, you will still get hot water after 12 hours but the water is more "warm" than "hot".

• Like 1

Hahaha more than happy!! Pls redeem from me :D

Maybe you can pass me some lol...I think we are neighbours!
Oh ya, thankful kuche oven is great cos I have one too =)

U should! N thnx for recommending n assuring kuche to me hehehe

14230408123_ac1eee126e_b.jpg

the chicken in the oven :P

Good to hear that the Kuche oven is good! Hope to get one soon to complete our Kuche collection.

Edited by yan01

Minnielt, kstoh is very right~~~ anyway I'm using the joven 25L HE storage heater :)

Minnielt

Depends on many factors. Bigger tank can keep more hot water as hot water is always drawn from the top. Also depends on the average temperature of the remaining water. Obviously if there is more hot water remaining, then it last longer.

It's like a thermos flask. Assuming half a tank of water left, you will still get hot water after 12 hours but the water is more "warm" than "hot".

Thanks Yan

As I read some review elsewhere, the heater need to be switch on 5mins before use.

Any idea the remaining stored hot water can last for how many hours?

Lol.. Tml is charcoal day.. Seems i dun require any redeem cos preparation all not done by me?

Funny since I am the one moving but Bochap!

Shhh, your chicken is yummy and making me hungry. Where's the receipe?