Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raspberryjam

Em In Lorong Chuan (“,)

Finally....bought all these from Taobao today..was a serious challenge as my 华语 is super rusty...Didnt expect to buy so many stuff over taobao, but the more I surf, the more things I see, the more things I clicked, the more things I BUYYYYYY :(

PhotoGrid_1397730784076.jpg

PhotoGrid_1397730882097.jpg

PhotoGrid_1397731838241.jpg

PhotoGrid_1397731878355.jpgPhotoGrid_1397732265363.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went WC & furniture shopping today... one word to describe..exhausting :wacko: :wacko:

At least we managed to decide on the below purchase:

Toto WC x 3pcs

unnamed.jpg

Mountain Teak dining table..love love love their stuff..we bought a 160cm dining table, factoring in some space for a side board (dunno if this is the official name? Basically a cabinet placed beside a dining table)..if we cant find a suitable side board, might just change our mind to get a 200cm dining table instead... at least it can accommodate 8 pax, 160cm can only accommodate 6pax

Screenshot2014-04-26atPM065702.png

Went WC & furniture shopping today... one word to describe..exhausting :wacko: :wacko:

Toto WC x 3pcs

unnamed.jpg

How much did u pay for the toto wc?

$610 each

Toto WC x 3pcs
unnamed.jpg

How much did u pay for the toto wc?

:help::help::help:

Been searching around for a tall dining side-board, and so far only saw one that I like from Crate & Barrel..but the colour does not match well with my dining table, need a lighter wood colour.

oslo-sideboard.jpg

Any idea where I can get a nice tall pencil-legged dining side-board? :):):)

Edited by raspberryjam

Been researching for a nice black & matt ceiling fan....Considered Haiku but just don't think the hefty price tag justify it le..so I am thinking of getting relite petite or from elmark.

Any reviews to share on the below 3 models?

light-track-study.jpg

p.s I "gop" this above pic from one of the renotalk members, sorry I never ask for permission before reposting but I cant remember who I "gop" from liao. Paiseh paiseh...

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122242.png

Apparently, the sales girl told me the 2-blade fan has a stronger wind power than the 3-blade one below. But I am kinda skeptical...how is it possible? :blink::blink:

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122110.png

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122242.png

Apparently, the sales girl told me the 2-blade fan has a stronger wind power than the 3-blade one below. But I am kinda skeptical...how is it possible? :blink::blink:

Screenshot2014-04-30atAM122110.png

I have both 2, 3 and 4 blade fans in my house. And I can confirm (double confirm) that 2 blade fans will not be more windy. In my case, the specs even show the wind power of the 2 blade fan to be rather powerful. 2 blade fans look nice. It is theoretically also possible to be more powerful but then you have to turn to highest setting, and then it is noisy.

I see... Thanks for sharing your review.. I shall go showroom and test it myself this weekend! Is yours from Elmark too?

I have both 2, 3 and 4 blade fans in my house. And I can confirm (double confirm) that 2 blade fans will not be more windy. In my case, the specs even show the wind power of the 2 blade fan to be rather powerful. 2 blade fans look nice. It is theoretically also possible to be more powerful but then you have to turn to highest setting, and then it is noisy.

ID asked us over to the work site to have a look and to go through some items that require our confirmation...

(1) 4 options of cement screed colours for wall to choose from. Left being the most dark and right being the lightest. Sorry, the camera didnt capture the colours too well. The utmost left patch is the darkest with a lot of "stripes" and "whirls", and the utmost right is just very light and pale grey with no "stripes" or "whirls". We picked the 2nd one from the left.

cement.jpg

(2) Size of island - ID marked it on site to show us the size. 200cm x 80cm. The smaller bottom marked portion is the leg space for counter stools.

ISLAND.jpg

(3) My handsome ID sketching out our planter box in our balcony area. We are using hollow blocks to "fence up" the planter area. We will have a tall wire fence leaning against the wall to grow our morning glory crawlies! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: We have already started to grow them in our current house and BOY they are growing way too fast! They are taller than 35cm now! Dunno how we are going to "un-twine" them and "re-twine" them to their new home? :huh::huh:

raymond.jpg

(4) ID poured water onto the cement screed wall to mimic cement screed floor look.And we are SOO in love with the look and feel...esp the random swirls. :wub::wub:

Photo colour abit blue-ish because we have a plastic sheet covering the top of the balcony, acting as a make-shift roof to prevent rain from coming in to the house.

balcony.jpg

(5) To show us partial tiling work done for the toilet. Very impressed with the workmanship...only one-man show which I personally think its good. Ensure consistency! :P

toilet.jpg