Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jez2014

Mission (Almost) Impossible - 25K 4Rm Bto Renovation

Hi Jade Lotus,

They are matte white. I don't like the look of glossy laminates (somehow they look cheap to me). Is there any reason you're asking, so I can maybe help you out better?

Hi khseah79,

Sure! Feel free to copy any ideas you see in our home. We got most of them off the internet or at showfairs anyway :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, thanks for replying. I am also using wood + white laminations in my design and my contractor keep telling me glossy white is in-fashion now. I also feel it looks "cheap" while the matte looks more natural with wood theme. He mentioned that matte laminations will not be easy to maintain as compare to glossy. I am more towards matte white :)

Hi Jade Lotus,

Your contractor is right to say that glossy laminates are easier to maintain - as they can easily be wiped down. This is especially true for the kitchen, if you cook often. The husband and I do not cook much, so we feel that matte laminates are fine. We are also prepared to live with it, if our son grows up and doodles all over the laminates. Haha.

Your own lifestyle/preferences will affect what laminate you choose, so don't let me influence your decision!

Good luck making the best decision for your family! Happy CNY to you :)

Guest Esther Tan

Hi Hi,

Can pm me your contractor's details and quotation?

Love the way you write your posts, so entertaining and informative. Love the study table very much, hope I can have a similar one too :D

Thanks a lot

Hi jez2014,

Just wanted to thank you for your very detailed email and tips! You are the nicest bloggers I have ever met! Hope to see this t-blog alive for time to come. I will continue reading even after my reno is done simply because its pleasurable to do so. Cheers

Hi Jez,

Very entertaining read and thanks for sharing! I'm urgently looking for a great and reliable contractor and yours seems good.. could you share your contractor's contacts please? Thank you!