Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hc28

Is This Right?

Hi all, just want to check on my current situation and see whether is it normal.

I do not have a agent representing me and i am currently going to purchase a resale hdb flat.

I have signed the option to purchase and exercised my option last week and first appt has also been fixed. However, this week i was surfing online and saw that my particular unit had been re-listed online by at least 5 agents at the price which i exercised my option.

The only difference is that it is stated the owner is asking for a 3month extension. This was brought up to us when we were first given the option. However, before exercising the option, we were informed that the seller will not be seeking the 3month extension and even provided us a black and white.

I am confused why the unit has been relisted and by so many agents. Can someone explain if this is normal or what i should do?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SInce you have sign the OTP and exercise it, further more 1st appointment date fixed.

Don't worry.

If you worry the seller playing games, u can use your spouse HP to call one of those listing and see what they telling you.

OR

Another direct approach is, call the seller directly and ask him. Why you still selling your unit?

Remember to screen shot those listing just in case.

U never know , will u need it or not.

This is much similar in employment market where many recruitment firms 'repeat' advertising the same opening and in very actual fact that the opening has been filled up or closed.

Question is why they do this? Anyone cares to enlighten?

This is much similar in employment market where many recruitment firms 'repeat' advertising the same opening and in very actual fact that the opening has been filled up or closed.

the company already paid the advertising fee :D

if recruitment firm is headhunter or job agent, most lightly they didn't receive instruction from the client HR that this opening is fill.

To generate leads. Anyone interested calling in; they will say just sold but got another similar one.

To generate leads. Anyone interested calling in; they will say just sold but got another similar one.

This is right ! :good:

Very true. Also because nowadays the job portal all have auto refresh function where it will re-post the ad after certain days.

The seller cannot back out since you have already signed the OTP and fixed a first appointment. As Yika mentioned above, most likely the agents just want to generate leads. It has happened to me before when I was flat searching where the agents directed me to another "similar" property. So don't worry!