Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

It's the CB box. Can use this to troubleshoot if trip.

Oh! You mean it comes in an entire cabinet in the newer flats nowadays? Not just a small box on the wall somewhere?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks. Man thats way too big.

How do you guys go about arranging your furniture around this thing?

Isn't it an eyesore to have this at the dining area?

Probably going to HDB hub tomorrow to see the showflats. They got this electrical cabinet also shown there right?

Need to go see how HDB arrange their furniture to fit this thing.

Look at this 2-room flat, 1 of the picture will show the cabinet in full. This is very similar to my unit's layout. The cabinet is full height.

http://thecarpenters.com.sg/projects/blk-372-jurong-east-st-32-2rm/

Edited by mmoh

It's the CB box. Can use this to troubleshoot if trip.

Varying! Time to update your reno progress!

MsBunny has updated her blog so is your turn! :P

• Like 1

Wow, that's nice of HDB then! You'll get a ready made cabinet, albeit a little lacking in depth, but at least there's no need to fork out extra...

@mmoh

You are an absolute fount of information! :D Complete with pictures to boot! You've done so much homework already. Very well-prepared for your soon-to-come flat I have to say!

Edited by MsBunny

Wow, that's nice of HDB then! You'll get a ready made cabinet, albeit a little lacking in depth, but at least there's no need to fork out extra...

@mmoh

You are an absolute fount of information! :D Complete with pictures to boot! You've done so much homework already. Very well-prepared for your soon-to-come flat I have to say!

thanks for your compliment MsBunny. Renotalk itself has huge amount of information and other house owners' reno experience. you just need more time to go through reading and learning from it. Most of us are 1st time house owner and of course we would like to build our own cosy little nest. I still have much to learn from you all. You have also shared vastly on your own reno experience and we can see your home forming nicely too! :yamseng:

Thanks for the sharing rainbow! Nice design for reference on actual 2-room units.

Hi Everyone, especially the newcomers

Sorry about the link in my earlier post. Just delete the extra characters “.%C2%A0” at the end of the address and you should be able to see the shoe cabinet pics.

ryanyth - It’s never too early to start preparing and saving money for your new home. If you intend to remove the sliding door, you should also consider filling up the ugly floor tracks.

mmoh - This is just what I’m looking. Hope this course is still around closer to my key collection date & we can use our SkillsFuture Credits. PA & ITE don’t seem to have such courses. I need to buy those Daiso extension rods.

rainbow1979 - I will seal one of doors to maximise bathroom space too. As I pro-soak and handwash some of my clothes, I will leave the kitchen-bathroom entrance alone. HDB has strict rules about bathtubs, I think only ready-made fibreglass ones are allowed.

BunniBoi - Hidden Wall Bed seems sturdy enough . With that number, 99% sure to get the unit you want cos there will be people who drop out . The optional component type & quality differs between BTOs, depending on what your appointed building contractor installs. It’s the luck of the draw. If your optional components is of good quality and fits your design aesthetics, you will save some money on renovation. I personally opted for all the optional components cos it is easier to get HDB to rectify any defects.

@BunniBoi

Not my personal opinion but a friend of mine put forth a valid point previously when we were chatting - optional components helps you lessen cash outlay for renovations cuz you can pay with CPF. Apparently, cost is also lower than having it done by external contractors? (That's just hearsay though)

@rainbow1979

Thanks for the photos! Aww man. Wish you guys were around when my reno started...

Reiterating 2Roomer's point on HDB having strict rules about bathtubs, I do actually recall reading somewhere that you'll need to apply for a permit to install a bathtub and also something about HDB having restrictions on the weight per m2, to ensure the integrity of the floor etc.

Found the link!

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/blogs/bathroom-reno-installing-bathtub-your-hdb-flat

Edited by MsBunny

Hi Everyone, especially the newcomers

Sorry about the link in my earlier post. Just delete the extra characters “.%C2%A0” at the end of the address and you should be able to see the shoe cabinet pics.

ryanyth - It’s never too early to start preparing and saving money for your new home. If you intend to remove the sliding door, you should also consider filling up the ugly floor tracks.

mmoh - This is just what I’m looking. Hope this course is still around closer to my key collection date & we can use our SkillsFuture Credits. PA & ITE don’t seem to have such courses. I need to buy those Daiso extension rods.

rainbow1979 - I will seal one of doors to maximise bathroom space too. As I pro-soak and handwash some of my clothes, I will leave the kitchen-bathroom entrance alone. HDB has strict rules about bathtubs, I think only ready-made fibreglass ones are allowed.

BunniBoi - Hidden Wall Bed seems sturdy enough . With that number, 99% sure to get the unit you want cos there will be people who drop out . The optional component type & quality differs between BTOs, depending on what your appointed building contractor installs. It’s the luck of the draw. If your optional components is of good quality and fits your design aesthetics, you will save some money on renovation. I personally opted for all the optional components cos it is easier to get HDB to rectify any defects.

Hi 2roomer

Thanks for the video chip...ya it seem sturdy enough... Yea I do hope I will get the unit I really wanted...keep fingers crossed.

So the optional components quality I will only get to know during selection?

MsBunny

As what 2Roomer said, any defects can get HDB to fix it and also save cost on Reno. Will think about it...and need to see the design/type of components they offer....if it doesn't match my design aesthetics...I will have to source on my own.

Edited by BunniBoi