Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi - My future place is also in Tengah. I think the whole idea for them is to build the apartments 'standard' with no variations to save time. Got no options other than the old people package

The *one* option you have for Tengah was whether you got the central cooling system or not. You need to make this decision when you purchase, though its a 'separate' sales team. They were very enthusiastic when  I booked in 2019 (supposed to get next year but covid :( ) - despite me already deciding to get it already. 

I distinctly remember that there was an image of the flooring but I can't find it. Was a kinda 'light' greyish looking faux wood flooring for 2 room, and darker for everyone else. Best I can find from my really messy documentation is there's pictures of the toilet right at the end of the sales brochure, but I can't find a picture of the flooring material I was sure I saw.  

Basically when I asked, they're like "We'll do everything but the kitchen cabinets, and it'll be ready to move in"

Edited by journeymangeek

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 12/18/2021 at 8:52 AM, journeymangeek said:

Hi - My future place is also in Tengah. I think the whole idea for them is to build the apartments 'standard' with no variations to save time. Got no options other than the old people package

The *one* option you have for Tengah was whether you got the central cooling system or not. You need to make this decision when you purchase, though its a 'separate' sales team. They were very enthusiastic when  I booked in 2019 (supposed to get next year but covid :( ) - despite me already deciding to get it already. 

I distinctly remember that there was an image of the flooring but I can't find it. Was a kinda 'light' greyish looking faux wood flooring for 2 room, and darker for everyone else. Best I can find from my really messy documentation is there's pictures of the toilet right at the end of the sales brochure, but I can't find a picture of the flooring material I was sure I saw.  

Basically when I asked, they're like "We'll do everything but the kitchen cabinets, and it'll be ready to move in"

Oooo okie thanks so much!! Guess we'll be neighbours haha.. see u in 2024!~~

20 hours ago, journeymangeek said:

lol, which development? I went for plantation grange because it was PPVC and supposed to be finished fast. I'm hoping the delay isn't as bad as they say 

Not sure yet.. its the Nov.21 bto.. received the ballot number.. nearest mrt Tengah Plantation

On 10/20/2021 at 2:49 AM, Ankle said:

Hi Melody,

Not sure this is what you've looking for. I've place an L-shape table that serve as work desk and dinning table (could sit 4ppl when necessary). Had also custom built a large book shelf for my books and barang. Had attached my layout and living room photo for your reference.

Layout

Screenshot_20171201-221537.jpg.a898603e8fe8681c24a05be10e018703.jpg

Living room

GlamourConcept_BukitBatokAve6_Livingarea.jpg.1f89b2c1922a1f81db7da075bbeec18a.jpg

Book shelf beside the L-shape table

20180331_094737.jpg.d3fe5cdcbf9e03955872dbd4b00e6366.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Where did you get the book shelf? It looks good. 

On 12/18/2021 at 8:52 AM, journeymangeek said:

I saw there was information on the flooring at Level 1 of the HDB hub when I went to pay for the $500 deposit on my first appointment. That was in year 2018. 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, vonntttttt said:

Hihi all!! I finally got a ballot for Tengah!! :)

As I am really new to this, was wondering if anyone can help me with some questions on PPVC on the selection appointment.

My bto will built via PPVC method, meaning it will come with floor and wall finishes, internal doors, window frames, sanitary fittings and a base coat of paint. 

1) Will I be given a few options (e.g. design/colour) to choose from, or are they pre-selected by HDB?

2) If I can have the luxury of options, can anyone share with me? Also, do I need to make my choice at the selection appointment date? I take a looooonnnng time to make a decision so would rather prepare for it.

3) If the finishes are pre-selected, may I please check what are the designs and colours that HDB will provide? 

Thank you soooo much everyone and I foresee myself being an active user pretty soon.. lol.

Have you got the date for the first appointment? First appointment is to pay the option fee only. After which they will process and then see how much grants you will be entitled to. After everything's done (which is months later), then they will give you another date for selection of the units. 

Just sharing my experience: 

I got balloted for a number for different BTO applications but my balloted number was only shortlisted in Dec 2017 for an appointment in Feb 2018. That was for August 2017 BTO. The previous two times I got a ballot number sent to me via email but not shortlisted for selection.

So in Feb 2018, I paid an option fee of $500. I think I also had to submit some outstanding documents ( I can't remember too). The lease agreement was signed in Oct 2018. Mine was on a Sunday. It was on that appointment that you need to select your unit. What I did was I shortlisted a few units that I wanted, in order of preference, e.g. floor level, location of unit, unit number etc. This is because in case the unit has been taken up by others, you have other options to fall back on, unless you want to give up this chance, it will be deemed as one chance forfeited. You can monitor on the HDB website to check if the unit you prefer is still available. When I was waiting for my turn, there was only two units left in my selection so I was quite nervous at that time, in case those remaining units of my choice got selected by those applicants before me 😁 Supposed to collect keys in Q4 of 2021. Now it's delayed to Q2 of 2022. Hope it won't get delayed anymore. 

I was overseas a day before my unit selection - and this was just as they started doing covid lockdowns. Our flight got cancelled, we managed to get the last flight out of the airport, so super stressed. I literally don't remember much about the process cause super "exciting" period for me.  :D

For my apartment at plantation grange, they said ahead of time that maximum 9 months delay (and a few months later, they revise the date). I hear from the BTO facebook group that plantation grove and village share that they were told delay by one year max, and from what they're saying plantation grange and grove delay 9 months. I'm hoping its still worst case scenario - I see people post unofficial progress videos and they seem to be making good time. 

HDB's construction updates are very infrequent... and I'm impatient so I keep checking there and elsewhere :D. Also the whole area is currently construction so cannot really go look see yet >< 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:09 PM, Melody2205 said:

Have you got the date for the first appointment? First appointment is to pay the option fee only. After which they will process and then see how much grants you will be entitled to. After everything's done (which is months later), then they will give you another date for selection of the units. 

Just sharing my experience: 

I got balloted for a number for different BTO applications but my balloted number was only shortlisted in Dec 2017 for an appointment in Feb 2018. That was for August 2017 BTO. The previous two times I got a ballot number sent to me via email but not shortlisted for selection.

So in Feb 2018, I paid an option fee of $500. I think I also had to submit some outstanding documents ( I can't remember too). The lease agreement was signed in Oct 2018. Mine was on a Sunday. It was on that appointment that you need to select your unit. What I did was I shortlisted a few units that I wanted, in order of preference, e.g. floor level, location of unit, unit number etc. This is because in case the unit has been taken up by others, you have other options to fall back on, unless you want to give up this chance, it will be deemed as one chance forfeited. You can monitor on the HDB website to check if the unit you prefer is still available. When I was waiting for my turn, there was only two units left in my selection so I was quite nervous at that time, in case those remaining units of my choice got selected by those applicants before me 😁 Supposed to collect keys in Q4 of 2021. Now it's delayed to Q2 of 2022. Hope it won't get delayed anymore. 

Thanks Melody :)

I think they changed the process coz my first appt is selection appointment. Also my ballot number is in the middle of Total units.. so I think quite safe?

11 hours ago, vonntttttt said:

Thanks Melody :)

I think they changed the process coz my first appt is selection appointment. Also my ballot number is in the middle of Total units.. so I think quite safe?

Since your ballot number is within the total number of units, should be quite safe.

All my ballot numbers (including the one that I got selected) exceeded the number of total units available, hence I didn't get it. The best part was HDB still was able to hold sale of balance units in the following round despite our numbers exceeded the total number of units. This is something that I could not understand why there were more applications than the units available yet there was still balance units for sale. Why can't they give the chance to us instead 😕 

They would give you a stack of units and its prices for your selection. If you have got that, then you can start to shortlist the units you prefer. I think it was given on my first appointment with HDB. 

Hello, @vonntttttt

My bto selection was in 2016

Hmmm...my first appointment was also to select and book a flat unit. On this first appointment, once you have selected the unit, you will pay the option fee,$500 by NETS.

At that first appointment, the lady told me I will have to go back about 4 months later to sign "Agreement for Lease" and pay downpayment for the selected unit.

But 4 months passed, no news from hdb, in the end I emailed Hdb to enquire. Then they sent me a date to sign Agreement for Lease. On this second appointment, you'll pay 10% of the purchase price.

My Queue Number was also right in the middle of the total number of units available. I was prepared for the best units to be gone by the time it reached my turn. It turned out to be so.

If you are aiming for high level units, the units with the best facing direction at high levels were gone when it was my turn. Only a few lower units left. So I settled for second best facing units. I was quite lucky that there were still some higher units left, so I got my desired unit.

As mentioned by Melody2205, you can monitor the units available on hdb website. The website has a function for you to pick and save your shortlisted units, your shortlisted units will grey out or disappear (I can't remember which😅) from your saved list when that unit gets selected and booked by other people.

At the end of each day, hdb website also shows the last Queue number of the day or first next day Queue number (also cannot remember which). For my case, this piece of information, allowed me to know that I was the first to select on the day(I remembered my appointment time was before 9am), so I just need to shortlist one unit, for I am sure there is no one before me to pick that unit. 

Good luck! Hope you'll get a desired unit. Nevertheless, being in the middle of the ballot queue is quite good, at least it is so for my case.   

Edited by Cranberries

On 1/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, Melody2205 said:

Since your ballot number is within the total number of units, should be quite safe.

All my ballot numbers (including the one that I got selected) exceeded the number of total units available, hence I didn't get it. The best part was HDB still was able to hold sale of balance units in the following round despite our numbers exceeded the total number of units. This is something that I could not understand why there were more applications than the units available yet there was still balance units for sale. Why can't they give the chance to us instead 😕 

They would give you a stack of units and its prices for your selection. If you have got that, then you can start to shortlist the units you prefer. I think it was given on my first appointment with HDB. 

Yes haha I found the stack n prices in hdb site le. It's now an active tab in my browser to track daily 😛 thanks for all the info! Are u gg to be in tangah too??

On 1/5/2022 at 10:33 AM, Cranberries said:

Hello, @vonntttttt

My bto selection was in 2016

Hmmm...my first appointment was also to select and book a flat unit. On this first appointment, once you have selected the unit, you will pay the option fee,$500 by NETS.

At that first appointment, the lady told me I will have to go back about 4 months later to sign "Agreement for Lease" and pay downpayment for the selected unit.

But 4 months passed, no news from hdb, in the end I emailed Hdb to enquire. Then they sent me a date to sign Agreement for Lease. On this second appointment, you'll pay 10% of the purchase price.

My Queue Number was also right in the middle of the total number of units available. I was prepared for the best units to be gone by the time it reached my turn. It turned out to be so.

If you are aiming for high level units, the units with the best facing direction at high levels were gone when it was my turn. Only a few lower units left. So I settled for second best facing units. I was quite lucky that there were still some higher units left, so I got my desired unit.

As mentioned by Melody2205, you can monitor the units available on hdb website. The website has a function for you to pick and save your shortlisted units, your shortlisted units will grey out or disappear (I can't remember which😅) from your saved list when that unit gets selected and booked by other people.

At the end of each day, hdb website also shows the last Queue number of the day or first next day Queue number (also cannot remember which). For my case, this piece of information, allowed me to know that I was the first to select on the day(I remembered my appointment time was before 9am), so I just need to shortlist one unit, for I am sure there is no one before me to pick that unit. 

Good luck! Hope you'll get a desired unit. Nevertheless, being in the middle of the ballot queue is quite good, at least it is so for my case.   

Thanks thanks!! Yes I found the site and am ready to stalk the site ! 😜

On 1/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, vonntttttt said:

Yes haha I found the stack n prices in hdb site le. It's now an active tab in my browser to track daily 😛 thanks for all the info! Are u gg to be in tangah too??

Mine is at West Scape. Estimated to be ready by this year Q2. Hopefully there won't be anymore delay. I want to quickly settle everything before the GST hike. 😆

Just out of curiosity - How does the "original" completion date, estimated covid delayed dates and most recent estimates (assuming got update) compare? I think I confirm tio the GST hike (and the GST on all overseas purchases which is sian)  but nice to know if they're being conservative with completion delays or really that jialat