Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Varying! welcome! :)

Think that is PD door?

Do share your before and after reno pictures ya, so that fellow 2-roomers can get some idea on how to maximise our space.

Yours is re-sale? also 2 doors to bathroom? Care to share your floor plan here? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi hi!

Sure sure. Let me figure out how to post. lol!!!

Yeah resale and 2 doors.

I will only be going to my unit next weekend so pictures will have to wait a bit.

no problem! both kyooko and myself still have months away from key collection date.

Remember the rolling of pineapple, throwing of rice, wheats, beans etc... ritual if you believe. ;)

Hi varying!

Nice to see fellow 2-roomers!

I'd have thought ID should be happy to see us, cos we're likely to be willing to fork out more money for ID, and lesser work. :P

My project is still building floors, so it'll take a while before I get my keys. I wish time would go faster. I want my forever home now. :(

Exactly!! That's what I thought too. But I had doors shut on me. Shucks...

Oh yea...the opening door...with salt and rice combi... Pineapple I am not so sure...

Actually I am bad with things like this..

Plan is to let my mum bless the house and I walk around w salt and rice.

When does the pineapple come in??

Lost......

heard need to roll pineapple? and oh, knock the unit no. using a hammer. My bro got 4D on his unit no. :jammin:

not familiar too. lol

LOL.

Roll in pineapple (from front door into house, NOT the other way) is supposed to be for good fortunes rolling in. Pineapple is "wang lai" (in hokkien, I think), and rolling it inwards, means the wang wang will roll in too :D

My unit only got 3 numbers, and its on 11th floor. How to buy 4D for that? LOL!

hahaha, same problem leh, how to buy huh? 1st 4 and last 4? :dunno:

How long did you guys wait for your BTO to be built?

Do you have any ideas what sort of theme to renovate your flat?

Considering our flats is very small on space, we have to think how best to optimise the space available.

I don't really have a fixed theme for my place, but I do intend to convert my bomb shelter into a study. That seemed to be the easiest place to start, because the space is small and fairly uniformed.

Based on the restrictions for bomb shelters, I cannot drill into the walls, and also change the steel door. Although it may sound a bit silly, but I do understand the purpose of the household shelter. So I will not have any permanent fixtures.

I intend to put shelves on both sides of the wall, and then put a board across the shelves which are table height, and use that as a desk. The board will be fixed in place using those quick release catch, so that in case of emergency, I can just lift the board and the space will be freed up.

Some people might think it would be very stuff, but considering that I am single and I will be the only person in the flat, I intend to leave the door open for ventilation. So, if I have air-con, the air-con will be able to cool down the bomb shelter too.

I heard that my BTO was launched mid 2012. New rule on single buying 2-room BTO came effective in July 2013. I only submit my application during the 2nd batch of BTO excercise in Sep 2013. Booked the unit in Dec 2013. Probably completion date is 1Q 2016 but rumour is that keys collection will be around Sep 2015. So if that is true, means it takes about 3 to 3.5 years.

Theme? I am a simple + lazy person, so I dont care about theme. Most important is practical and easy to maintain. I want a home, not a showroom. If I have someone to clean up for me, I dont mind to have a showroom though... :P And most most most importantly... I rather save the $$ for more comfortable retirement... :jammin:

On your idea of bomb shelter, personally I feel that the space is too small and I will feel stuffy. Esp so when I am not small size... So, a no no for me.

Recently there is a new showroom open near my current and future home, so I pay them a visit. The standard quotation package for my 2-room is $16k. :no: Discussed with the Project Manager, add something, less something, it came up to $18k! :jawdrop:

Keat Hong Axis 2 Room

Looking at the propose layout by HDB, seems small yet able to accommodate everything. But...

1. Door open and see dining table --> I dont like :no:
  2. Look at the living area, seems big enough but where is the person sitting on the sofa looking at? Bedroom door?
  3. Bedroom seems ok but how long can the wardrobe be?
  4. Bathroom... OMG! after shower whole bathroom will be wet! :jawdrop:
  5. Kitchen... where to put the fridge? Where is the place for food preparation? -_-
  6. Household shelter seems the only one safe... other than taking up precious space...
Edited by mmoh

Bro Mmoh,

You are lucky. You have a bomb shelter. Lol.

Mine doesn't have it and have a tiny weenie bedroom.

Can someone teach me to load pics? Lol....can't share my floor plan with you guys.

Toilet : no problem. Do a kerb and use ikea shower curtain. So there's a wet and dry area.

Once I learn how to post...I will update u guys on my Reno.

Bro Mmoh,

You are lucky. You have a bomb shelter. Lol.

Mine doesn't have it and have a tiny weenie bedroom.

Can someone teach me to load pics? Lol....can't share my floor plan with you guys.

Toilet : no problem. Do a kerb and use ikea shower curtain. So there's a wet and dry area.

Once I learn how to post...I will update u guys on my Reno.

hihi, sis here ;)

I upload to gallery. Click gallery and choose upload photo.

Then at the post where you want to insert photo, click "My Media", click gallery images to select the photo and click finish.

Toilet, that is my alternative, plan to install L-shaped shower screen of 90cm x 90cm. Looks comfortable enough on floor plan. Just need to look at the physical bathroom and see if it is feasible.

You are so lucky, got the BTO on the second try. I had been applying since the rule allowed singles to apply BTO, in July 2013. Every time the BTO opened I apply. For the first 3 times, didn't even get any number "Your number far exceed the available units, pleas try again."

Then the 4th time, got number, but was 3 times available unit. 5th time didn't get number, then 6th time, got 1XX out of 400+ units. Finally managed to secure a unit. And a top floor one. So happy. :D

I heard that my BTO was launched mid 2012. New rule on single buying 2-room BTO came effective in July 2013. I only submit my application during the 2nd batch of BTO excercise in Sep 2013. Booked the unit in Dec 2013. Probably completion date is 1Q 2016 but rumour is that keys collection will be around Sep 2015. So if that is true, means it takes about 3 to 3.5 years.

Theme? I am a simple + lazy person, so I dont care about theme. Most important is practical and easy to maintain. I want a home, not a showroom. If I have someone to clean up for me, I dont mind to have a showroom though... :P And most most most importantly... I rather save the $$ for more comfortable retirement... :jammin:

On your idea of bomb shelter, personally I feel that the space is too small and I will feel stuffy. Esp so when I am not small size... So, a no no for me.

Recently there is a new showroom open near my current and future home, so I pay them a visit. The standard quotation package for my 2-room is $16k. :no: Discussed with the Project Manager, add something, less something, it came up to $18k! :jawdrop:

Looking at the propose layout by HDB, seems small yet able to accommodate everything. But...

1. Door open and see dining table --> I dont like :no:
  2. Look at the living area, seems big enough but where is the person sitting on the sofa looking at? Bedroom door?
  3. Bedroom seems ok but how long can the wardrobe be?
  4. Bathroom... OMG! after shower whole bathroom will be wet! :jawdrop:
  5. Kitchen... where to put the fridge? Where is the place for food preparation? -_-
  6. Household shelter seems the only one safe... other than taking up precious space...

Your configuration is better than mine. Mine had the bomb shelter taking up room in the living room. My kitchen is the long skinny kind, and my bathroom toilet door is not directly opposite each other, but diagonal! So difficult to put a shower cubicle on any side of the toilet.

I looked at the bomb shelter measurement, I think it should be okay for me...

Haven't got any quote from any ID yet (actually I asked a couple during one of those furniture fair in Expo, but they never get back to me). I am sort of budgeting 20k for everything, including electrical appliances and other misc stuff.

I am even thinking of DIY-ing some of the carpentry, just to save money.