Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pisces

Look For Good Contractors Asap

Hi Delon,

Just started my renovation. First day 3 workers to hack the place. 2nd day, four workers to hack. You can see my reno at http://picasaweb.google.com/roystan

Got it a good deal on hacking. :notti: Contractor now swearing because they are making a lost for hacking job. :dunno:

Kitchen cabinet they are quoting me is $80 pfr with everything. :dunno:

False Ceiling contrator is giving me $1.70 psf.

Tiles is getting at contractor price.... :bangwall:

Yahoooo!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Delon,

Just started my renovation. First day 3 workers to hack the place. 2nd day, four workers to hack. You can see my reno at http://picasaweb.google.com/roystan

Got it a good deal on hacking. :notti: Contractor now swearing because they are making a lost for hacking job. :dunno:

Yahoooo!

I think you are getting a pretty good price there!

Hi Delon,

Yahoooo!

Don't be too smug. Cheap things come at a price. Getting a contractor with a bad attitude because he can't make $$$ can hurt you more in the end.

I do agree with what waileong stated. Each material counts. But still im glad that u can get such a good price on the reno.

be sure to check ur reno progress. since they are now swearing here and there.

good luck... :bangwall:

Thanks for your advice bros,

True, I should check on reno progress. However, the deal was not my or his fault. Basically everyone did not know that the floor tiles hacking was so deep. So we need more sand than previously thought. As you know sand now is pricey$$.

So far this contractor is good and honour his words. He tell me honestly and said it is not my fault. Still call me everyday at 9am and go down every morning to check on things. He may lost some on hacking but he make profit on others. But I will monitor the situation closely. Anyway, I have few contractors doing different things.

Edited by dstme

As some of you reading the blogs may know, there's someone having a very bad reno experience now.

The important thing is that no one will do a job well unless it's worth his while. This means that if you try to make the contractor lose $$, he will not do a good job, and you could end up like her.

A good business relationship cannot be established if one side feels shortchanged by the other. You'll come to rely on your contractor much more than you think. If you pay cheap, he will treat you like dirt.

One should aim to pay a fair price, not try to rip off the contractor. A job well done at a fair price is much more important than a lousy job done cheaply.

See Vermillion's blog if you want graphic evidence.

Hi Delon, Mind to PM me ur contractor contact? As i looking for ID or contractor to do my house. Tks in advance.

Hi Delon, Mind to PM me ur contractor contact? As i looking for ID or contractor to do my house. Tks in advance.

PMs sent to limko, HappyDay and winstonleong.

Just some info to share, my reno is still on going but i must say, my id is very flexible and accomodating. In the sense, he is there to help even though some of my other contractor delay, etc...responsible and very willing to help. so far so good....i would recommend him! importantly, his quotes are resonable. :P

Hi All,

Just joined this forum and will be thankful if u all can give me some advices. I just bought a re-sale recently

and just want a minimal touch up of my flat. Things we want to do:

1) 2 bathrooms - (i) Overlay floor tiles and wall tiles(for only main bedroom)

(ii) Do sliding shower doors

(iii) Change the basin and toilet bowls

(iv) Change the toilet doors to sliding ones

2) Kitchen - (i) Overlay floor tiles

(ii) Overlay just a side of the kitchen wall

(iii) Change the kitchen cabinets colours? Can i do laminate for kitchen cabinets? Hard to maintain?

3) Main bedroom - (i) Hacking of a side tv console and the old bed frame(left behind by previous owner)

(ii) Wall paper just a side of the wall

4) Wrought iron - for gates and all windows, mine is 5i unit

5) Painting for the whole house

6) Polishing of the marble floor, can i do this myself? is it effective

Thanks so much..... :P

Just some info to share, my reno is still on going but i must say, my id is very flexible and accomodating. In the sense, he is there to help even though some of my other contractor delay, etc...responsible and very willing to help. so far so good....i would recommend him! importantly, his quotes are resonable. :notti:

hi can i have the contacts too??