Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Power leh.. so fast into discussing household chord equipment. Haha...

hahahaha...

I always like that one lah, very random. My ID sometime can not tahan me, can discuss on one item next min talk about other things.

but must also always ask from the Sifu.

This current place also need to clean mah :P

Still got few more months.

It's this one (mainly for cleaning countertops; taps / sinks / even floors and walls). For taps and shower screen, just use Daiso version (melamine sponge) can already. Cheaper. I use this for my countertop and tougher stains!

For cleaning dishes, I also recommend this sponge... Not gross like the usual ones that leave food residue on the rough side; and safe for WMF pots!

took down note liao.

Edited by nextstep

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yeah la cleaning is everyday leh! Hahahaha!

Ah Yong never clean house now one ah :rofl:

The current place i am staying, I only got a room to clean, am only renting a room. ;)

Next time sure faint de. I every day also will wipe a bit. Spread out the cleaning work. Haha. But at the same time, i will be buying the samsung vr9000 bot. Haha

phpd0ldrb.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

The current place i am staying, I only got a room to clean, am only renting a room. ;)

Next time sure faint de. I every day also will wipe a bit. Spread out the cleaning work. Haha. But at the same time, i will be buying the samsung vr9000 bot. Haha

phpd0ldrb.jpg

with a whole unit you will realise so many things and area to clean, but with your shinning bots I am sure things will be more easy lah.

Nothing beats cleaning by hand one leh. :(

I'm buying steam mop and electric broom for my new house; also the spray mop. But these are for the "light cleaning" days. Gave up on the Roomba, cus scared my rabbit zhua jio then spread it across the house I pengz.

Once a week still must lug out big vacuum; traditional broom and mop and pail to clean the whole house then will clean one.

Plus use the Daiso dust wipes (magic wipes refills) to clean the furniture.

Shag, but only liddis then clean leh! :jawdrop:

I bought this LG bot to help out, very useful for under the bed area but not so smart with kerbs though.

Can really see the difference when emptying the bin inside.

Also the old school of pail and mop every 3 days. You will be surprise by the dust over just 3 days.

And yup, take moping as a form of exercise.

lg-roboking-vr-6270-lvm-red.jpg

Nothing beats cleaning by hand one leh. :(

I'm buying steam mop and electric broom for my new house; also the spray mop. But these are for the "light cleaning" days. Gave up on the Roomba, cus scared my rabbit zhua jio then spread it across the house I pengz.

Once a week still must lug out big vacuum; traditional broom and mop and pail to clean the whole house then will clean one.

Plus use the Daiso dust wipes (magic wipes refills) to clean the furniture.

Shag, but only liddis then clean leh! :jawdrop:

Kara, your cleaning super detail leh, got so much to learn from you.

Sometime I clean very chinchai one. hahahaha because too lazy.

I bought this LG bot to help out, very useful for under the bed area but not so smart with kerbs though.

Can really see the difference when emptying the bin inside.

Also the old school of pail and mop every 3 days. You will be surprise by the dust over just 3 days.

And yup, take moping as a form of exercise.

Both of u also use bots, make me also feel like get one also.

Did some research before, Dayson had launch their cleaning bots Japan this week. That one look so cool.

Since all of you are onto the topic of Vacuum robots, can any seniors in this area comment on which brands serve the best for performing the job and pockets wise in this category?

Many thanks

Since all of you are onto the topic of Vacuum robots, can any seniors in this area comment on which brands serve the best for performing the job and pockets wise in this category?

Many thanks

Didnt want to hi jack this thread. I wrote about the LG Roboking in my blog. Post 852

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/63586-back-to-the-west/page-22

Many thanks

Not too sure about which one is the best, but a few of my colleagues got theirs on TaoBao and they says it works fine, maybe you can check it out.

This is the link : https://ecovacsfc.tmall.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.101.B4zwQH&user_number_id=2050621632

Day 24

Looks like the wet works is going to end soon. Here is some of the update after I went over to take a look in the evening.

- All window had be replace.

- Tile in the MBR toilets is up.

- City gas pipes are in.

- Rewiring is about 70% completed.

- Grouting of the tiles for the kitchen wall is done.

FullSizeRender_zpssxzvoceb.jpg

IMG_9581_zpstrnj3ecx.jpg

Love the black tiles with white grout

IMG_9585_zpsfvbnk0fd.jpg

because the toilet is so small so go for off white colour tiles.

FullSizeRender_zps8lb4sati.jpg

I also make the payment for my basin, kitchen sink and hob.

but Teka told me the hob that I like got no stock, eta is end Jan :(:~

I also make the payment for my basin, kitchen sink and hob.

but Teka told me the hob that I like got no stock, eta is end Jan :(:~

hahaha this happened to me for my sofa also. the sofa we eye for very long but when we finally got down to making the actual purchase, they tell us OOS liao.

hahaha this happened to me for my sofa also. the sofa we eye for very long but when we finally got down to making the actual purchase, they tell us OOS liao.

Haiz, hope others will be smooth smooth lor, just want to make sure I can move in before CNY.

So what do you do? wait for the Sofa or change to another design?

Day 25

Today go over after work, but kinda late and the unit got no lights so didn't manage to take any photo.

Not much changes compare to the last post but I did spot some issue and I immediately msg my ID

1. Electrical trunking at the living room wall didn't do it right (didn't give a 90 degree line) as much as the wall will be box up I will still prefer it was nicely done.

2. Same wall they didn't sand down the wall or plaster it, just because it will be box up.

After my ID got the text we chatted on the phone and he told me he will get this 2 issue fixed, so wait for the update from him.

Finger cross.