Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We got the OLED curve! I Must say that it looked great... Both image quality and the design. LG OLED always come with promotional items, maybe you can check them out. We got a soundplate and 32" tv for free during the September gaincity roadshow. :)

I go for OLED is because of the image and colour quality, and the price is right at this moment (still at the high side)

This OLED full HD is on Promo now, price is at $3100 come with a free 32" Full HD Smart LED TV and $150 NTUC voucher.

My biggest concern is still the curve screen, as I am not a big fan of it, so this is really holding me back.

But if i want a flat screen, than I have to wait and really don't know how much that will cost me, currently US is selling at US$2999.

So I decided to hold and wait till closer to my moving date and see what is available in the market and what offer I going to get during Christmas time.

What did you buy at Blum? :P

Washer and tv really still can wait so I think you can afford to look around first.

Y'all all so high tech one!! Haha

Buy lots of hinges, track at Blum lor.

My ID prepared a shopping list with all the part number and quantity needed after the talking with my ID,

Actually I can get the ID to buy the blum for me, but by doing it myself I can earn some airline miles by using my CC, (I think I really need a holiday after all this, super tired).

I not really that high tech lah! hahaha just so so only.

Can i find out where you purchase the Teka hob? I like the size

Sure I got it from the show room and here is the address

83 Clemenceau Avenue

UE Square #01-33

Singapore 239920

And there is an online store which sell Teka Product as well you might want to check it out, Zucook and here is the link

http://zucook.com.sg

Day 36 -

Not in the mood of shopping today, so just go over to check out how is the progress,

When I open the door I am so surprise that how fast is the progress.

1. Plastering is all done.

2. Door frame and room's door installed .

3. Floor protection carton paper sheets all have been remove except the guest room.

Living & dining room

IMG_9834_zpslsaq86w0.jpgIMG_9816_zpsrr1mhsja.jpg

IMG_9815_zpskkfiv6s3.jpg

FullSizeRender-1_zpsr5nac1qc.jpg

IMG_9831_zps13i9dzyi.jpg

Master Bed Room

IMG_9826_zpszha6mlk8.jpg

Kitchen and kitchen flooring

FullSizeRender-4_zpsfurlcx8t.jpg

IMG_9832_zpsfifde3qh.jpg

MBR Bathroom and Dry Vanity - I am super happy with the tiles (love the old school feeling and it continues from the vanity wall to the bathroom)

FullSizeRender-5_zpsj4xz3waj.jpg

During the check on the floor I also notice got lots of yellow mark at the floor, I am thinking it was cigarette burn mark and texted my ID,

but he replied and told me it is for sure not burn mark. and is one of the issue they notice because of the 2 in 1 cement, dose anyone face such problem before after using the 2 in 1 cement? :dunno::angry2::(:(:wacko::~

IMG_9837_zpszgzyb2a4.jpg

browsing ikea website, and found this multicolour ÖRSTED rug and fall in love with it.

but look at the price tag at $1499, maybe I should look for some alternative. :dunno:

orsted-rug-high-pile__0251309_PE389963_S

Edited by nextstep

Wow.. finally I get to see that much coveted Ink Black Wood tiles from GF+A :good:

Sorry cant help you much about the "burnmark" look a like for the cement floor but if not too serious, it can be a characteristic of your floor afterall cement flooring's beauty lies in the imperfection. Love the cement floor and it was a choice of mine till i learnt it is porous

By the way, why is there a little box at the bottom of the wall which I believe that's what your console is going to be?

Wow.. finally I get to see that much coveted Ink Black Wood tiles from GF+A :good:

Sorry cant help you much about the "burnmark" look a like for the cement floor but if not too serious, it can be a characteristic of your floor afterall cement flooring's beauty lies in the imperfection. Love the cement floor and it was a choice of mine till i learnt it is porous

By the way, why is there a little box at the bottom of the wall which I believe that's what your console is going to be?

Actually I took that photo for you too see since you are still in the progress of looking for tile and I know you do like it, so this can give you a better idea how it looks like.

I am sure my mom will ask me why buy this dirty look tiles, lolz :notti::bleah::bangwall:

I think when is done it will be slightly darker as now it is still cover with some white dust from all the works in the house.

Yes the "burnmark" I have told myself I have to deal with it, as I think most of them will be still covered by my furniture. I also tell myself that this will add some character for the house lor. Just that sometime I am a bit OCD (I very sure I am driving my ID crazy)

The hole is for my wall hang console.

Saw a similar but cheaper version here for your carpet:

http://www.nookandcranny.com/collections/carpets/products/grampian-rug-garden-flowers-1

That said, didn't know IKEA had such expensive rugs!

Ya lor kinda crazy but again because is made by pure wool, so I think this is one of the reason why the price can go so crazy.

Thanks for the link, that looks nice also. Maybe can consider.

Mean time still look around as I need to add some colour for the house as all now is brown, grey and wood.

So thinking by adding colour using the rug will be a good idea.

Day 37 - Painting

Didn't visit the unit today but was told that they are doing the painting starting today,

Today the OpenNet also come over to rewired my fibre, just because I want to move the internet point from the living room to storeroom.

Today was told by my ID that the carpentry will be in on next Monday,16th Nov, I am super excited and can't wait to see how the house transform after the carpentry work is up!!!:rolleyes:;) (also worry lah, worry it won't turn out nice)

image1_zpsxqsmikht.jpg

IMG_9880_zpscze7v2x3.jpg

IMG_9878_zpsef9jgr8q.jpg

shop, shop till drop. (now the shopping it had become an habit)

Just place my 2nd order from TB not too long ago, but for very small item only

Bathroom Floor Mat

T26wnFXfRaXXXXXXXX_!!1129549036.jpg_430xT2sp_FXlRaXXXXXXXX_!!1129549036.jpg_430x

Cushion Cover

T1WRP5FepaXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_430xTB1Juu2IFXXXXbuXVXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

TB1dIkaIFXXXXcTXVXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

Yesterday's blog was quite quiet and everyone must be shopping at the TB11.11. I succumbed and bought a few items too but just learnt that using one of the agent's Buy4u service might end up expensive...:( which way did you purchase your small items?

Those memory forms are really comfortable

Yesterday's blog was quite quiet and everyone must be shopping at the TB11.11. I succumbed and bought a few items too but just learnt that using one of the agent's Buy4u service might end up expensive... :( which way did you purchase your small items?

Those memory forms are really comfortable

Ya, kinda quite yesterday. But I almost stay online all time.

I am sure lots of people buy lots of staff yesterday because of the big sales.

Oh no, ya using those agent price will be slightly expensive but don't think will add up a lot.

I just place the order direct on the website and using their forwarding service. My office got lots of TB expert, so they are the one who really teach me how to use it better and how to benefit from it.

Maybe we should share share get a 1 square meter container and ship item together at one go, that can maybe cut down the shipping fee.

Ya those memory forms bath mat is comfortable, been using it for sometime at my current place, but this is the 1st time I got it from TB,

Really can't say no for that kind of price. So I end up by total 8 of them to stock up. (Super Kia Su) :notti::notti:

Congrats! your place will start to take shape once the carpentry comes in!

Bing Biang Boom! Fast and furious!

Edited by hc28