Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Day 43 - Carpentry work + Online Shopping Delivery

What an exciting day that my carpentry work is finally here, but have to work today butI did manage to went over my place around 7:30pm, I am so surprise that my kitchen's cabinet is all up and all the drawer had been installed (not yet check the quality), same go to my wall hang TV cabinet and my dinning area cabinets.

While I am there, the 2 young man is still installing the cabinet in my dry vanity area. But it is really too dark in the house for me to take any photo to share with my kaki here.

I also notice there is some damage at the box up wall (I think they bump it while they move the cabinet into my room), had inform my ID and see how fast they going to fixed this.

Today I also received my very 1st online order from TB and Amazon, lucky my office mail room didn't complaint about my item.

The towel bar, hook and sink caddy from Amazon all received in good condition,

0795CD0E-EA3B-4F00-9929-DB0C99D7B05F_zps

Maybe is not my lucky day, the lamp I got from TB really have some QC issue, Don't know why there is a paint stain on the lamp, that really look like scratches. :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

473DCB4D-B494-41B6-BFCD-1CB105474C09_zps

EBAA9BCD-AD6F-431B-9290-8464597BBA52_zps

​will try to contact the shop CS and see how can we settle the issue, for sure I don't think I want to sent it back because of the cost.

Edited by nextstep

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 42 - Minor Update + Digital lock

The cabinet come on Monday didn't happen, it will only happen tomorrow.

But with a rainy day like this I am also glad that it only happen tomorrow (please give me a good weather tomorrow)

So nothing much to update. Glass work is up, the glass door for my kitchen and my MBR Bath is up, and in the bath room I saw this,

My ID decided to add lock for my MBR Bathroom, and for my point of view there is no need to have lock in the bathroom. since I will be the only one using the bath room.

I sent him a message to ask him to ratified the issue, he told me can be done, means take need down the tiles and rebuilt again. I think that happen

during a renovation project, so just hope they will can get it fixed.

IMG_0011_zpstjaztv2d.jpg

Today I also get my digital lock installed, in the end I go for the Samsung P718 model,

the reason is just because with almost the same price I get finger print, card and password function on it.

That is something I can't get from the Yale model.

SHS-P718_001.jpg

Hi nextstep,

Did you install your digital lock before handover? How do the workers get in and out of your house? (Sorry for the noob question :help: )

Hi Jobb thanks for dropping by, actually after installation I get the installer wrap it up and did not activate the lock.

The can just come in to the house by push the handle for this model.

Even if you set a password and you still can change or delate the set of password that you set if you wanted to activate the lock.

Currently the house still on number lock

Hi Jobb thanks for dropping by, actually after installation I get the installer wrap it up and did not activate the lock.

The can just come in to the house by push the handle for this model.

Even if you set a password and you still can change or delate the set of password that you set if you wanted to activate the lock.

Currently the house still on number lock

Oh I see! Thanks for the clarification! My fiance and I weren't very sure so we're only installing our new main door with the digital lock after renovations are completed...

Oh I see! Thanks for the clarification! My fiance and I weren't very sure so we're only installing our new main door with the digital lock after renovations are completed...

I need to do this just because I didn't change the main door, do to short of budget and the door is a fired rated door.

My ID will need to get someone to paint the door for me, before I got the lock install, they had already sand it down and did a layer of base, so after the lock is done they will paint again.

that is why I need to install it now.

If I can I think I will do it your way as well.

btw Congratulation on your new house Jobb.

Nextstep bro, try using melamine sponge from Daiso on the scratch / white mark. Might work.

Just wet it and it'll do.

ok will try to do it, btw I feedback to their customer service and the allowed me to keep this and offer me another pieces at RMB50, since is only S$10 so I give them another chance to buy another one and see how it go.

Will if the new one works fine that maybe I will carousell it cheap cheap see anyone want it or not lor.

Day 44 - Carpentry work (update)

Today manage to get out the office slightly early, so went over to take a look before going for my dinner.

I think 80% all the carpentry works are done today. I just snap a few photo and rush for my dinner.

The very grey side of my kitchen, and the hood are installed today as well.

172DA770-1E01-4FE4-BB87-1ACB9FD05652_zps

the other side of the kitchen

8D9C84EE-794A-442C-A761-A77121EE7E90_zps

My closet and dry vanity area.

385281F1-F578-43D9-90A7-2562C3FCA03A_zps

So far I am very happy with the result, so experience at this point of time is good, so just hope it will keep this way till the handover.

​Today I also put in order for another towel bar that I really really love from Amazon, and thanks to tips from hc28 and OceanEleven, I manage to get free shipping for the items. Since I got saving the cost of shipping so I go for the soap dispenser as well. :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

master:YOW5114.jpg

simplehuman-75-oz-compact-sensor-picture

Edited by nextstep

Nice!! Your carpentry is looking good.

Wah your kitchen also very big. Jelly jelly.

Your ceilings look very high! How high is your ceiling?

Thanks Kara, when choosing the colour, I have lots of doubt. After I seeing it today I really happy with the result.

Actually my kitchen not really big lah, I think. Because the current unit I am staying have a very square kitchen so I find this shape of kitchen is long but no wide. But again I take out some space to use it as my service yard.

About my house ceiling, actually was told by 2 ID this unit ceiling is slightly lower than average in the living room, but the kitchen is higher. But what we did is we level the floor in the kitchen and also use false ceiling to give a more seamless look from living room to the kitchen.

And because of the ceiling is low, that is why I have a good excuse not to install ceiling fan (and also I hate cleaning ceiling fan)

Really cool black kitchen you have got and smart not to take glossy black because you will have a cloth perpetually all the time wiping down the oily finger prints. Very slick cave you have got.

I am actually quite curious about your wardrobe and vanity area and how your room will turn out. Waiting for more photos

Really cool black kitchen you have got and smart not to take glossy black because you will have a cloth perpetually all the time wiping down the oily finger prints. Very slick cave you have got.

I am actually quite curious about your wardrobe and vanity area and how your room will turn out. Waiting for more photos

Thank you very much, I think the credit go to my ID team not me. They really can see around corners and give me the advice I need.

Now I falling in love with the dark kitchen as much as I still worry about the brightness of the area.

Actually the wardrobe and dry vanity area are created by hacking down the original MBR, help of it the space is dedicate for creating the dinning area and the half of it is for this wardrobe and vanity area.

So I end up I took over one of the common bedroom and this unit will end up having 2 bedroom instate of 1.

Beautiful black subway tiles! Look so classy :good:

Thanks yakult, This subway tiles also have a very interesting texture.

Didn't notice it till the tiles is up.