Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Day 51 - Sofa, Sofa

This is one of my biggest headache at this point of time, if you did read my post. I tried on a very expensive sofa and I really fall in love with it just because it just sooooooo comfortable.

The price is high one of the big reason I think is because it is a designer sofa, but actually it have a very simple look. The selling points is just because it have a very good hight, the back cushion and arm rest is stuffed with down.

Krypton_2_260_cm_vertical_arm_Misty_20.j

Since I can't find a good reason ($) to get that sofa, now I am thinking maybe I should customise one, so maybe I can save some $ on the sofa.

Any good recommendation kakis??

Edited by nextstep

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good idea and the price will varies depending what you external and internal material.. a friend customised hers with down feather, 2.1m x 0.9m 2.5 seater for estimated $3000 but super duper comfortable for nauing

Good idea and the price will varies depending what you external and internal material.. a friend customised hers with down feather, 2.1m x 0.9m 2.5 seater for estimated $3000 but super duper comfortable for nauing

Ya, I will also want to add down feather in it, so will be more comfortable, do you mind to check for me and maybe share with me the contact where they customised the sofa?

Ya, I will also want to add down feather in it, so will be more comfortable, do you mind to check for me and maybe share with me the contact where they customised the sofa?

PM U!

Edited by Luxexplorer

Day 62 (lost count)

Been awhile I didn't update here, and I also have no chance to visit the site for the longest time, I have been either working late or have plan in the evening.

Took sometime to visit the site this morning as I expected nothing much progress in the house.

Only the basin got install and that is all, lights installation has been delay, and my quartz counter top only will be in on the 15th Dec.

Good news is my oven will be deliver this coming Monday, and I finally ordered my dinning table and chairs from Bangkok and will take 4 weeks before I can arrange the delivery.

Today I also find sometime to test out TV with my own Blu Ray :P :P

​Visited Sony store at 313, Best Denki and also Harvey Norman.

After trying I finally decided to go for a Full HD TV instate of a 4K, after trying out 3 of my own Blu Ray,

I notice that with 4K TV playing 1080p content I will be able to see lots of pixel from the screen, and that really hold me back,

and with the lack of 4K content at this moment, I think maybe I will wait for a few more years to upgrade to the 4K TV.

Overall I still love the LG OLED model, but with the very high price I really have to give up and go for an LED TV,

Most likely I am going for the Sony model, but now the question should I go for 55" or 65"?

After visiting so many shop today, I end up getting the sound bar from Yamaha.

Feeling so excited, because I know soon l can enjoy good sound while watching TV.

But the most crazy things is I still yet to get a TV.

yamaha-ysp-2500.jpg

Edited by nextstep

I was away for a good 10 days for work trip to India and didnt have time to catch up on your progress :) By the way, the sofa will takes about 2 months I believe so its best to start planning now to round up your move in before CNY

I have a 65in curved Samsung TV. It is great for movies! 4K too, Run full HD movies on it. It has no visible pixels.

I am curious about the Sony Android curved TV though.

Day 62 (lost count)

Been awhile I didn't update here, and I also have no chance to visit the site for the longest time, I have been either working late or have plan in the evening.

Took sometime to visit the site this morning as I expected nothing much progress in the house.

Only the basin got install and that is all, lights installation has been delay, and my quartz counter top only will be in on the 15th Dec.

Good news is my oven will be deliver this coming Monday, and I finally ordered my dinning table and chairs from Bangkok and will take 4 weeks before I can arrange the delivery.

Today I also find sometime to test out TV with my own Blu Ray :P :P

​Visited Sony store at 313, Best Denki and also Harvey Norman.

After trying I finally decided to go for a Full HD TV instate of a 4K, after trying out 3 of my own Blu Ray,

I notice that with 4K TV playing 1080p content I will be able to see lots of pixel from the screen, and that really hold me back,

and with the lack of 4K content at this moment, I think maybe I will wait for a few more years to upgrade to the 4K TV.

Overall I still love the LG OLED model, but with the very high price I really have to give up and go for an LED TV,

Most likely I am going for the Sony model, but now the question should I go for 55" or 65"?

After visiting so many shop today, I end up getting the sound bar from Yamaha.

Feeling so excited, because I know soon l can enjoy good sound while watching TV.

But the most crazy things is I still yet to get a TV.

yamaha-ysp-2500.jpg

Bro, my 4K tv play 1080p content ok leh... No pixels!

hmm, now I wonder what happen, maybe I should go back and try again with some other Blu Ray title.

to be more exact, is when I play the blu ray on location, I have to say not pixelated,

should say I can see lots of noise in the graphic (something like when you take photo in a very low light condition)

I have a 65in curved Samsung TV. It is great for movies! 4K too, Run full HD movies on it. It has no visible pixels.

I am curious about the Sony Android curved TV though.

I tried one 4k unit at Harvey Normal store while test out the sound bar one more time with my blu-ray.

So some issue that I see lots of noise in the picture.

Frankly if i have a choice with budget I think I will go with the OLED, but I get a very good price at Sony most likely will get a Sony.

But with Kara and your comment, I have to rethink should I add a bit more to get a 4K model. But really have to test run it again.

If u wanna pop by my place to see the tv also can but I got no blu ray player haha!

I play 1080p content on YouTube

Plus my HD content like BPL etc on Mio with HDMI

All no issue la!

If u wanna pop by my place to see the tv also can but I got no blu ray player haha!

I play 1080p content on YouTube

Plus my HD content like BPL etc on Mio with HDMI

All no issue la!

hahaha so nice of you to invite me to your place to test run the TV.

But I rather when you invite all the RT kakis for your house warming than I just bring teas for you and try to watch TV and see how.

But I think I will just go for the Full HD at this point of time, since don't have much 4K content currently so I think I can save some cost also lah :P

Haha, Ah Yong and Peachy have been here already :)

Wow they really fast hand fast leg lor, ok find one day I go be the guest and enjoy the London feel :P

well I do have not one but two Blu-Ray DVD player. One is free when I purchased my TV! Not tested it using Blu Ray DVD yet though. So not sure the out come would be? But am using Starhub. HD seems alright to the naked eye.

hmm, now I wonder what happen, maybe I should go back and try again with some other Blu Ray title.

to be more exact, is when I play the blu ray on location, I have to say not pixelated,

should say I can see lots of noise in the graphic (something like when you take photo in a very low light condition)

I tried one 4k unit at Harvey Normal store while test out the sound bar one more time with my blu-ray.

So some issue that I see lots of noise in the picture.

Frankly if i have a choice with budget I think I will go with the OLED, but I get a very good price at Sony most likely will get a Sony.

But with Kara and your comment, I have to rethink should I add a bit more to get a 4K model. But really have to test run it again.