Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I saw the LG OLED in Best Denki @ Great World City and served by this guy Jerry Fong. There is a promotion price for the OLED 4k and the Full HD at $4799 (less $888) and $ 3099 ( Free 32" LG TV and less $188)

Very impressive and I am also very tempted. This sales person actually recommended me Sony which he says makes good quality TV and lower pricing.

I saw the LG OLED in Best Denki @ Great World City and served by this guy Jerry Fong. There is a promotion price for the OLED 4k and the Full HD at $4799 (less $888) and $ 3099 ( Free 32" LG TV and less $188)

Very impressive and I am also very tempted. This sales person actually recommended me Sony which he says makes good quality TV and lower pricing.

The OLED is for sure a very beautiful TV, and $3099 and less additional $188 is a super good deal.

If you should the budget you really should go for it, I hold it back just because is really out of my budget liao.

My current 42" and 32" Samsung TV still working real fine actually, but just wanted a bigger screen for movie as not going to have a TV in my bedroom so I am looking at the cheapest option I can go for.

Just because with some connection, I can get a much better deal with Sony and I think the TV is ok as I been watching it at my friend's new place so I decided to go for it.

Day 64 - Another shopping day

Today is "I am very broke" day, took a day off and went shopping with my ID,

​At the beginning I was thinking today I can settle most of the item for the house, but all of the kaki who completed their house know this is mission impossible.

But after 5 hours, I only manage to paid for a sofa and coffee table.

Sofa - In the end I went to blfink and ordered a customise sofa, I also requested to wrap the high density form with down feather so I can nua at the sofa. So if everything go smoothly I should be getting the sofa by end of Jan.

Coffee Table - After visited lots of furniture store, in the end I still prefer the one I saw few weeks back at the shophouse, so I went down to make the payment today, and I am lucky that I manage to get the last piece.

Arm Chair - Finally decision is Hai Chair by Luca Nichetto, but when I reach the shop wanted to make payment the shop close on Monday, so I have to go down again to make payment. :wacko::unsure::o

Bed frame - Been eyeing one bed frame from the shop Original, is a very slimline bed frame made by teak wood, went down to the shop but I feel that they really not interested to do business with me, so I walk out. Not only that, my ID trying hard to ask me to go for a black or dark colour metal frame, so that can bland better with the room bifold door. So I have to KIV the bed frame till later date.

Side table - The last stop today is at Crate and Barrel, currently they are having a store wide 20% (except sales item). After spending nearly about 1 hour there, go through all the rug they have (super expensive) but in the end we short listed one side table for the living room.

Both of us agree that with the sofa and coffee table the whole living room will look a bit rectangular, so we want to have something to break the shape, so in the end both of us love this side table (with the brass colour that will go well with the coffee table, and if need sitting place this can work as a stool too). but because it is only 4cm higher than my coffee table, we are a bit unsure how it will turn out if I put right next to my sofa. So we can only KIV this.

But later today when I research and C&B website I found there is another side table will work too, so I will give them a call and see do they bring the colour that I want in, so I will have another option.

Cof-33-Gem.jpg

9d377a617f668390e32875b72e4c91c6.jpg

Edited by nextstep

Day 64 - Quick photo update

As mention, the house now progress are getting very slow but I manage to snap a few photo of the progress.

Kitchen's Louvered windows installation done!

4FB1B023-121A-44B5-918A-E26F71E83CA7_zps

Bifold door installation done, but the glass work still not done :P to get into my dry vanity (Close)

91C3AD07-0F9D-4327-946B-09E644293963_zps

When the door open

360C73C9-F91E-474F-A4BD-2CDD3E46910D_zps

Dry vanity (the counter top is by Kompac Plus)

E1CA6477-902B-4635-9364-AD035DD2E7F0_zps

Kitchen

Edited by nextstep

Very nice!!! Haha. I love your laminate choices really. And that bifold door is awesome!

Sometimes I wish I went bolder like you guys! Hahaha

thanks for the compliment.

But for me your house look super cosy and love those light colour.

the bifold door I am not going to use clear glass and I am going for something with textured,

so this is the glass will be used on the door.

38821-01-1000.jpglight_lighting_glass_227481_l.jpg

can't wait to see how that will turn out.

Edited by nextstep

Cof-33-Gem.jpg

This side table/stool is really classy! Love your bifold door too!

The side table growth on me, when I 1st saw it I don't like it but the more I see the more I like it.

now is the hight that holding me back, I just worry it will be too low that don't make it look like a table rather than a stool :P

Very nice very nice! I like the masculine style of your home and like almost all of your home furnishing. I am also looking to have texture glassed or frosted for the glass door dividing my kitchen and the yard/toilet area especially since my WC is open concept so anyone in the kitchen can see the "action" . How come yours has colour? share please ..

Edited by Luxexplorer

Very nice! I especially love that dry vanity + wardrobe area. Super classy and bachelor pad-ish. Actually your place rly v nice!!! It's turning out awesome.

Thanks Kara, actually I give credit to my ID.

They really swing me to the right direction by ask me to take some risk.

Very nice very nice! I like the masculine style of your home and like almost all of your home furnishing. I am also looking to have texture glassed or frosted for the glass door diving my kitchen and the yard/toilet area especially since my WC is open concept so anyone in the kitchen can see the "action" . How come yours has colour? share please ..

Thanks Luxe, the furniture buying process is really draining me now (as much as I enjoy shopping), because I don't seems to be able to complete the purchase. And because I wish I can move in before CNY (Just because I am too lazy to spring cleaning this current house), so I very worry things I want got no stock.

The texture glass got no colour lah, I took the picture from google, so all the pic have have things as background to show a better detail of the texture.

Btw need some advice from all of you, which bed frame look nicer?

zoom_Bed%20-%20LF%20Bed.jpg

SLEIGH-BIG.png

The wood one of course. But it is a personal taste. Need to go well with you deco at the end of the day

Thanks Luxe, the furniture buying process is really draining me now (as much as I enjoy shopping), because I don't seems to be able to complete the purchase. And because I wish I can move in before CNY (Just because I am too lazy to spring cleaning this current house), so I very worry things I want got no stock.

The texture glass got no colour lah, I took the picture from google, so all the pic have have things as background to show a better detail of the texture.

Btw need some advice from all of you, which bed frame look nicer?

zoom_Bed%20-%20LF%20Bed.jpg

SLEIGH-BIG.png