Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Disillusioned

Despicable Contractor - How To Counter?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Disillusioned,

can you pm me your ID and the name of the company? cos I'm in the midst of looking for an ID for my new home. sorry to hear abt ur case thou.. hope everythin turns out fine for u...

Thanks.

Anyone saw the news today? "Bad service still key problem with renovation contractors"

Can read it here:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../274560/1/.html

To think that the company has a CaseTrust mark and is also accredited by the Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre (RADAC)!

Anyone knows what's this company?

yea i saw the news ! FH and i were also speculating on who the company might be... we thot it could be one of the IDs that we approached. but cannot be sure so i'd rather not name here...

yea i saw the news ! FH and i were also speculating on who the company might be... we thot it could be one of the IDs that we approached. but cannot be sure so i'd rather not name here...

i have made some analysis and it narrowed down to a list of 10 companies.

:):curse:

all my shortlisted ID firms that i am considering are also in that list...

:yamseng:8|

i have made some analysis and it narrowed down to a list of 10 companies.

:):curse:

all my shortlisted ID firms that i am considering are also in that list...

:yamseng:8|

Can share how U do that ?

Mine is not in the RADAC list, dunno if good or bad.

Haiz... if problem, very hard to resolve since not in the list.... pray pray hard that all goes well...

Can share how U do that ?

go n get a list of who are casetrust members and who are radac members....

then consolidate those that falls in both categories as mentioned in the news...

this is just my humble analysis...

researching for more leads... so that i dun make a mistake in choosing my ID...

Edited by Yanee

Oh... U mean there are only 10 that is case trust and RADAC members ?? so few... I heard the company have to pay a certain amount to be the members.. and they still can't be trusted... so where to get reliable contractor/ID...

Anyway... my ID is not one of their members...

yah.. my ID also is not. Bt hor, i tink u just pay membership to be in RADAC and CaseTRUST...

getting a good reno company is really very hard. even all the good and recommended contractors here, surely there will be glitches along the way. to me as long as not major stuff, i can negotiate with them..

I think most of us are worry about the completion delay, hidden cost and losuy workmanship... whether they are case trust or RADAC is not important...

My ID are neither CaseTRUST nor RADAC and yet they do bother to provide good customer services and workmanship. :deal:

Sad that our reno industry still have not improve on their knowledge of customer service thru we had so many bodies to monitor. :good: We customer still the utlimate victims sometime. :notti:

Hello to all,

I just came back from an overseas trip so was missing all the on-goings here.

My contractor is definitely not the one in the news.... because they are neither case-trust nor RADAC accredited. Sad to say... I dunno why I chose them in the first place. Maybe their initial friendliness misled me. :lol:

In any case, apologies to those I have yet to PM. I will try to reply all. If I happen to miss you out please let me know, apologies.

Even if contractors are casetrust and RADAC certified, afterall these are more or less obtained thru paperwork. Some can still be bad and get the accreditation. Most importantly is to open your eyes big big when choosing an ID.

Cheers.