Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

The pendant shade is a good way to reduce light flickering. Where will you install the pendant light in relation to the ceiling fan?

Why did you get the Hue Lights from? Can you reveal the prices too?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 26/09/2015 at 9:25 PM, 2Roomer said:

The pendant shade is a good way to reduce light flickering. Where will you install the pendant light in relation to the ceiling fan?

Why did you get the Hue Lights from? Can you reveal the prices too?

Prices PMed. Saved a lot when bulk purchasing and never buy full retail price.

Planned to put in the middle of hall right beside the ceiling fan. But now have to shift it as too near ceiling fan blade, so I will shift away from center of hall to be right in the middle of the 1.6meter dining table. Which also mean will have a longer exposed cable housing....no choice. Main living room light now become the dining table pendant light which I didn't plan to have initially.

ESpaceplanning2.jpg

ESpaceplanning1.jpg

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

Thanks for the prices. They give me an idea of how much I have to pay for the Hue lights. Will definitely use them is my living room and bedroom.

Pendant lights above a dining table is a common design feature in HDB BTOs now.

BLUM Urban Kitchen

Finally the day arrived for my kitchen to be installed by blum appointed contractor. They are very nice people all the way from start to finish, overseeing everything to be perfectly installed. I only engage them to do my kitchen, other carpentry in the house all taken care by my ID.

Hinges and drawers. Drawer comes with adjustable front panel to ensure perfect leveling with each other.

NBlum1.jpg

Installation in progress.

NBlum2.jpg

They work from 10am to 630pm, finally completed and sky is dark, took this photo right after they finish with a temporary light. The 2 shelves panel is not blum, but using same laminate. It is charged seperately by the contractor as not a blum parts. Didn't box up the pipe as I am fine with it and no point wasting money on carpentry that I cannot use the space for storage. If I go for normal carpentry I will probably box it up as they are full height cabinet up to ceiling, this blum not full height and my laminate is expensive, to box it up will cost a lot.

NBlum3.jpg

I have not yet peel off the laminate protectors so you are seeing a lot of blue here. My actual laminate is high glossy pearl white with silvery powder. Plan to use this drawer to keep washing detergent for washing machine so I do not have anything lying around the floor.

NBlum4.jpg

Before and after pic. Contractor say this is a special design as nobody do L shape like this due to the concealed waterpipe, their usual L shape is full depth, mine half depth on the L only. If you see my previous pic I put a counter dustbin right beside the basin, this shallow L shape allow me to still access the space below the dustbin. Normal full L shape they build a 45degree drawer which got a lot of wasted space due to corner.

NBlum5.jpg

This is a not my kitchen but from the same floorplan as my unit, I feel the stove too close to the fridge and I don't want a hood, this is how I come out with my L shape design in a tiny kitchen. Cooking too close to fridge is dangerous. It is not without compromise, I have to sacrifice my table height just to fit the washing machine under the countertop. Washing machine is standard 850mm. Therefore my countertop is 90cm height, slightly higher then usual. If don't do L shape, the space beside the washing machine a bit wasted and lesser table space. I also don't want to have so many things on top of my washing machine.

NBlum6.jpg

I tried taking photo of my white laminate but no able to see the effect, just look like all white on photo. My laminate got the same silver powdery effect like this hitachi fridge that I am going to buy.

NBlum7.jpg

And then nightmare comes, the fridge need a 10cm clearance from back wall, I use a cardboard here to illustrate the back of fridge which I only put about 6cm, the front is the yellow measuring tape...and I realised the hitachi fridge with a depth of 720mm is too big, protrude out too much from wall as you can see from the wall in the picture. This affect my shoulder to shoulder allowance to walk pass the fridge to enter kitchen. Really too small, as such, I have to look for another fridge with preferably 600mm depth so it doesn't protrude. However those 600mm one are really small fridge like 200-250l and very low height, will look ugly if gap too big on top. Currently my ideal choice is a Panasonic NR-BL347P with a depth of 611mm and almost 300l capacity.

NBlum8.jpg

Will update another round of picture when my granite top is installed and that blue laminate protector peeled off.

Edited by andotang

Although the ideal gap may be 10 cm, I normally leave a gap of only about half of that, and so far it is fine.

Did you measure the actual fridge? Sometimes, the depth is measured up to the most protruding point e.g. handles. So the actual fridge body does not protrude as much.

Thanks for the advice about allowing for some gap behind the fridge.

What type of wood does your kitchen cabinet come in? Plywood, MDF, birch?

Notice that you will house your fridge in a cabinet. Is it meant to insulate your fridge from your stove?

Is it a must to leave 10cm behind the fridge? All the sales pple at courts, gain city told me just half to 1 inch on the left, right, back will suffice.

User manual stated 10cm from back wall and 5cm from both side. I probably will put around 6cm, I have enough room at both side. I think 1 inch is too cramp, the fridge also need to breathe.

Although the ideal gap may be 10 cm, I normally leave a gap of only about half of that, and so far it is fine.

Did you measure the actual fridge? Sometimes, the depth is measured up to the most protruding point e.g. handles. So the actual fridge body does not protrude as much.

I didn't measure but most fridge now doesn't come with protruding handles. All the fridge in my consideration list comes with built in handles, no protruding. I gonna put around 5cm too but there is a copper city gas pipe right behind my fridge....

Thanks for the advice about allowing for some gap behind the fridge.

What type of wood does your kitchen cabinet come in? Plywood, MDF, birch?

Notice that you will house your fridge in a cabinet. Is it meant to insulate your fridge from your stove?

It is known as "Moisture Resistant Particle Board" and Carcass is 16mm with 18mm door. Usual carpentry is Carcass 14mm with 17mm door.

No my fridge is not in a cabinet, it just happen the partition board is there, I didn't want to cut a big hole from that board, only a small hole for the fridge plug for ac power. My stove is counter top type above washing machine side, not cooking beside the fridge.

Carpentry is up.

5 tier shelves inside the DB box. Yet to decide what to put inside here as it will be warm due to router heat.

OCarpentry1.jpg

Pillar carpentry to hide wires going up for the 2 hue pendant light. On top can put things or collect dust.

OCarpentry2.jpg

Table space for everyday use and pendant for daylight bulb.

OCarpentry3.jpg

Vanity pending granite worktop.

OCarpentry4.jpg

My biggest carpentry in the house is this shoe and storage cabinet. Laminate wasn't as nice as what I see on sample.... well...my fault.

OCarpentry5.jpg

I am glad I decide to cut 2 U hollow on the side panel so view will not be block.

OCarpentry6.jpg

But in the end I decided to put the shoes in the bombshelter rack and keep this cabinet as storage for other stuff.

Thank you for viewing.

OCarpentry7.jpg

Edited by andotang

Hi, andotang may i know where you purchase the Baron W-888 and Otto basin and how much, as currently but searching for this 2 items too any advise please thank :)

Hi, andotang may i know where you purchase the Baron W-888 and Otto basin and how much, as currently but searching for this 2 items too any advise please thank :)

Pm-ed.

Hi Andotang

May I know how much it cost to extend the 2 walls outside your bathroom, also the cost & contact for the metal drain cover? TIA

Edited by Donno