Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

A portable cooker is a good way to maximise counter space in that long & narrow kitchen, you have the option to store it in your kitchen cabinet if you don't cook often.

Cannot wor, the gas pipe is connected to it by citygas, cannot suka suka disconnect one. I have a electrical stove which is the real portable one, usually use it for steamboat during CNY. I could put side by side with this stove if i want.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro, since your thread is about Philip Hue lighting, thus decided to post here as well :)

Just got news that the Philips Hue Led lightstip is having a new version called the Lightstrip Plus

This is so much better as it allows user to add additional 1m led track to it up to 10m in total length. And compared to its version 1, the maximum brightness was 120 lumens. The new Lightstrip is 1600 lumens (OMG that is like a projector power) and it has a separate white LED to get the pure white lighting effect. It also has built in sound sensor :)

Currently it was launched in the US in 8 OCT 2015, waiting for it to be launch in Singapore and Asia.

Sharing this to those people who might be thinking to have cove lighting just as what I have did in my house for the ambient covelight.

Edited by Ahyong81

On 23/10/2015 at 11:23 AM, Ahyong81 said:

Hi bro, since your thread is about Philip Hue lighting, thus decided to post here as well :)

Just got news that the Philips Hue Led lightstip is having a new version called the Lightstrip Plus

This is so much better as it allows user to add additional 1m led track to it up to 10m in total length. And compared to its version 1, the maximum brightness was 120 lumens. The new Lightstrip is 1600 lumens (OMG that is like a projector power) and it has a separate white LED to get the pure white lighting effect. It also has built in sound sensor :)

Currently it was launched in the US in 8 OCT 2015, waiting for it to be launch in Singapore and Asia.

Sharing this to those people who might be thinking to have cove lighting just as what I have did in my house for the ambient covelight.

I saw it as well but I already bought 2 non plus version. Next time then use new model. Their online website say extension kit, probably already selling the new model but no news of how much is each extension cost.

SLamp3.jpg

I am having problem to install their light strip as it doesn't work like usual led driver. Need to plug into a 13A socket, so very hard to tunnel the light strip around my carpentry especially with the wireless controller in-between the strip and driver. Those standard lightstrip electrical wires that carpentry and electrician run for me cannot be used.

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

I saw it as well but I already bought 2 non plus version. Next time then use new model. Their online website say extension kit, probably already selling the new model but no news of how much is each extension cost.

I am having problem to install their light strip as it doesn't work like usual led driver. Need to plug into a 13A socket, so very hard to tunnel the light strip around my carpentry especially with the wireless controller in-between the strip and driver. Those standard lightstrip electrical wires that carpentry and electrician run for me cannot be used.

bro you just need to cut the cable and buy an AC to DC transformer for 20-30bucks and you can connect it. This way you can use any lighting point, the live, netural and earth cable and just connect to the transformer and use the transformer output of 12V DC and connect the power cable of the controller instead of the PLUG (its has a mini transformer built in to convert AC (220v - 230v) to DC (12v) which required a power socket. I DIY my own circuit just using their white piece of controller :) the power in is red and black cable and the output is the 4 cable (RGBW). The W also refer to the black wire for those RGB led light strip.

Below is the example of using the Philip Hue Controller and using the apps for sound sensor, the cove led light strip will be able to set instruction when a phone call (it will blink a set number of time, depending on what I set) so that even if the phone is inside the room, I will know when people call me, it can be programme for other instruction as well, example messages or another other thing :)

The example I did was to play a music sound from the radio and it will create a ambient light music flow :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Thanks Ahyong but I am not technically skilled like you and I don't feel comfortable touching live wires. Also I hate changing drivers. I reckon even if I change the plug the wireless controller is also very big to tunnel thru. So I rather make a 13A and just plug it in, easier for me to replace it next time no need to cut and join.

Why don't you paint your cove ceiling white so color casting on it will be nicer instead of casting on a dark area. I try to keep my house as white as possible so color casting will look like you got a coat of paint in that color.

Actually the dark ceiling is nicer even if i dont on the cove light haha. Got the space age at night (my theme is minimalist / futuristic / modern). When next time i watching movie. The ambient cove light will react to the sound sensor and thus it wont be too bright.

For me i placed the white controller just within the cove light at. So i can just replace the controller with a connector. I connect one end of the controller with a female connector and the other end with a male connector. Not hard to change the controller. Btw the controller is also the driver itself. :)

Its just only plug and play in the future if i need to change or replace.

I have try the cove light yesterday night and the effect is super nice. If i paint the ceiling white. It would be a little over cause it will be super bright. The brightness is strong because i got add an additional rgb amplifier to boast the power output. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Actually the dark ceiling is nicer even if i dont on the cove light haha. Got the space age at night (my theme is minimalist / futuristic / modern). When next time i watching movie. The ambient cove light will react to the sound sensor and thus it wont be too bright.

For me i placed the white controller just within the cove light at. So i can just replace the controller with a connector. I connect one end of the controller with a female connector and the other end with a male connector. Not hard to change the controller. Btw the controller is also the driver itself. :)

Its just only plug and play in the future if i need to change or replace.

So you will be getting the philips Ambilight TV? I tested the ambilight apps which react to whatever your handphone camera shoot at and very impressive. Then you configure which light you want to position to extend the light effect off the screen. If just doing sound ambient not effective enough as compared to lights extension of your tv. With a ambilight tv you can use your cove as light extension instead of react to sound.

haha. Must see the overall feel when my sofa and tv are installed. :) btw the tv i brought is not philips. Its Sony :)

Since its an andriod tv, i can most prob access google play store and install the hue controller apps as well. Finger cross haha.

Edited by Ahyong81

Misc Update

Some progress and misc update.

W888 installed with bidet spray and valve. Bidet jet pressure very strong like water jet skiing

TMisc1.jpg

Hydroflux hot and cold dispenser installed. Just barely fit into the height. No more boiling water.

TMisc2.jpg

Hue light casting in the bedroom, effect is good on white wall. Of course this red is ugly, like red light district. Pink was nice. More hue light photo next time as router faulty out of the box got to get it replaced.

TMisc3.jpg

Build in wardrobe from besglas coming this week. Including sliding shower screen and 2 glass door for toilet.

TMisc4.jpg

Renovation coming to an end soon after glasswork is up. About time to order the curtains. Wanted string vertical blind but this is the most special I can find in singapore, about same as normal vertical blind except it has got a thin mesh fabric in front of it, this is view from the back. And price is 3 times normal vertical blind. Probably will just get normal vertical blind as it is not the string type I wanted.

TMisc5.jpg

This is the string vertical blind I saw online and wanted to get it but not available in singapore at all.

TMisc6.jpg

Looks like no market in singapore for this kind of blind.

My Sitoca comptuer table and custom made dining table also coming this week. More updates next week.

Edited by andotang

On 26/10/2015 at 6:55 PM, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Bro, can share your configuration and cost of your Besglas wardrobe? And are you using glass for the sliding door? Thanks!

I didn't do the mirror as in the picture on previous post, i just choose 2 top shelves and 2 bottom shelves and 4 hang bars with 3 vertical L shape support frame. no drawers. 2 Sliding glass door as per the pic but i don't like see thru so I choosed laminate to paste on the glass. Total about $1600 for 1.6meter x 65 depth and 2.4 height. Also need to pay about $380 to construct the partition board as below pic. So all in slightly less then $2000. Also will be silver colour, if choose white need to top up money like few hundred more for the powder coating.

TMisc7.jpg

Edited by andotang

Cannot wor, the gas pipe is connected to it by citygas, cannot suka suka disconnect one. I have a electrical stove which is the real portable one, usually use it for steamboat during CNY. I could put side by side with this stove if i want.

Hi Andotang

I was probably thinking of my own preference for a portable cooktop when I saw your cooktop.

I am considering installing a water dispenser similar to yours, so I am curious:

a) Is it connected to your water pipes?

b) Does it have to be switched on 24/7?

c) Does it have a component like a filter that requires regular replacement?

On 27/10/2015 at 9:18 PM, 2Roomer said:

Hi Andotang

I was probably thinking of my own preference for a portable cooktop when I saw your cooktop.

I am considering installing a water dispenser similar to yours, so I am curious:

a) Is it connected to your water pipes?

b) Does it have to be switched on 24/7?

c) Does it have a component like a filter that requires regular replacement?

a) Yes need to Y split from sink outlet and connect to dispenser, probably need drill a hole into countertop to let the pipe pass thru.

b) I also worry electricity but apparently it doesn't work like water heater, it uses instant heater and cooler, only when u dispense then energy is used to make it hot or cold. So it is safe to turn on 24/7 cos if no water is dispense, no electricity is used.

c) yes it comes with 3 filters which must change once the number of litres is filtered. I dunno the filter cost.

When I was looking at hot cold dispenser, the 3M one selling at $1388 was my top choice, but the salesman turned me off if u read my previous posting. 3M only comes with 1 yr warranty and each filter is $160. If spoil after 2 yrs, your $1388 investment is gone. So I don't feel safe to buy it. And then I found Hydroflux, they sell me the package for $2138 with 4 sets of filters and warranty the machine until the 4 sets is finished. Assuming you are a family of 4, the water you drink from dispenser will be double of a family of 2. For my case only 2 person, each filter can last me long time, probably 2 years, so 4 sets can last me up to 5-6 yrs at least. And I don't have to worry about machine spoil as they will replace it for free if break down. I bought this to get rid of boiling water everyday for drinking, this alkaline filtering is a bonus to me, healthy life style, save counter top space. Gonna use this water to cook instant noodle and make ice cube, should be more healthy. You should consider this too for all the benefit and convenient you get from it.

Edited by andotang