Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Glass and doors.

Installed a bar for exercise chin up and double as hanger for drying long laundry like jump suit. Behind it I did a shelve above the DB box to make use of this space as storage.

UBesglas1.jpg

Room door is up but haven't peel off protection. Door cost about 1K from Sunyu due to my selection of laminate. Glossy pearl white door. As for toilet door I am sad i choosen wrong color, should have go for off white instead of pure white. I thought pure white will match closer to my pure white wall. Both aircon 9K btu and 18K btu with 27k outdoor unit by Starmax also installed.

UBesglas2.jpg

Besglas Alumix wardrobe with laminated glass door.

UBesglas3.jpg

4 Hang bar and 4 shelves all adjustable by allen key.

UBesglas4.jpg

My Jade Green sliding shower screen is up. Loving it.

UBesglas5.jpg

House is 90% completed. Pending touch up, curtains, ceiling fan and some common fixture.

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

I think I get your plan now: You are installing wooden beams around the perimeters of your living room to hide the lighting wires and installing your fan on the actual ceiling at the living room centre.

I know the standard living room is very small but one lighting point provided by HDB doesn't seem enough.

After you mentioned using the Phillips Hue Lights, I did some research and realised it's a long-lasting and versatile product. One bulb, so many colours. No need to get different bulbs to replicate different light tones. The only downside is the price.

My unit comes with 2 light point in the living room.

Just happened to see some of these posts, and want to share my experience.

So you will be getting the philips Ambilight TV? I tested the ambilight apps which react to whatever your handphone camera shoot at and very impressive. Then you configure which light you want to position to extend the light effect off the screen. If just doing sound ambient not effective enough as compared to lights extension of your tv. With a ambilight tv you can use your cove as light extension instead of react to sound.

I bought the Philips Ambilight TV and matching SoundBar. Very nice. But horrible functionality. Buy only if you think looks more important than function.

I am considering installing a water dispenser similar to yours, so I am curious:

a) Is it connected to your water pipes?

b) Does it have to be switched on 24/7?

c) Does it have a component like a filter that requires regular replacement?

If you are thinking of an alkaline water dispenser, I can tell you that the electricity consumption is minimal. But the water wastage is a lot. About 40% although I hope my helper uses the water to water plants etc. However, mine is KYK brand. I am not sure of Hydroflux. Originally, I thought it was from Hyflux but apparently not.

a) Yes need to Y split from sink outlet and connect to dispenser, probably need drill a hole into countertop to let the pipe pass thru.

b) I also worry electricity but apparently it doesn't work like water heater, it uses instant heater and cooler, only when u dispense then energy is used to make it hot or cold. So it is safe to turn on 24/7 cos if no water is dispense, no electricity is used.

c) yes it comes with 3 filters which must change once the number if litres is filtered. I dunno the filter cost.

I drilled a hole in my countertop for both the water in/out as well as power. You can check out my blog for details on how I did it.

Normally, the filter is quite expensive.

Edited by Ks Toh

Could you share the name/contact details of the bomb shelter rack vendor? Thanks, bro!

Bombshelter Rack

I choosed a slim profile metal rack instead of wood panel as I don't like the wooden smell in the bombshelter lingering all year round. Custom made to size.

Ks Toh - Will need to factor in the cost of regular filter replacement to determine if it is worthwhile to get the dispenser. I am neutral on filtered water but just want the dispenser to spare myself the hussle of boiling water multiple times daily.

Andotang - You must be into fitness, the chin up bar looks sturdy enough to strap on a TRX. Did you install it yourself?

Ks Toh - Will need to factor in the cost of regular filter replacement to determine if it is worthwhile to get the dispenser. I am neutral on filtered water but just want the dispenser to spare myself the hussle of boiling water multiple times daily.

Andotang - You must be into fitness, the chin up bar looks sturdy enough to strap on a TRX. Did you install it yourself?

I installed it to hang my wifey long laundry like jump suit or dress as I removed the standard hanger from HDB. Yes it is very strong but the rod slightly big to hold and too high as that is already the lowest point I can install. Need to use a stool to hang on to do chin up. Once a while can play around with chin up bar to use some strength. Paid ID to installed it as I saw she installed for other client which did 4 of this bar to make a monkey swing bar in their 4 room hallway. Installation pretty simple just 2 holder on the left and right which is bolt down using 2 screw each, then they cut the rod to length, insert it before tightening. So the rod is turnable if you force to turn it as it is not soldered on.

Very helpful, detailed post...thanks very much. I have some questions hope you don't mind.

1. So you removed the laundry rack, how/where do you put your laundry now? Eg when it rains.

2. How much did it cost to make the platform in your bedroom?

3. Your wardrobe reaches the ceiling? It looks built in.

Thanks in advance.

On 07/11/2015 at 10:02 AM, urbanite said:

Very helpful, detailed post...thanks very much. I have some questions hope you don't mind.

1. So you removed the laundry rack, how/where do you put your laundry now? Eg when it rains.

2. How much did it cost to make the platform in your bedroom?

3. Your wardrobe reaches the ceiling? It looks built in.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the compliment and welcome to Renotalk. Great observation you have there. I am glad I removed the laundry rack else I will not have space to install kitchen light as my Blum in open upwards so my lighting point is shifted into where the rack used to be.

1) I will hang it opposite my computer table and I also custom made a bar height dining table with clothing hanging bar under the table. So I will be using a portable cloths dryer stand and the dining table. Long item will be hang on the chin up bar. Will post bar table pic when I have it. Refer to pic below opposite sitoca table as I hv no sofa, will be free space there.

ESpaceplanning1.jpg

2) I paid around $2.6k for my Evorich HERF platform with a slanting bed head and LED light pelmet.

3) My wardrobe is pretty tall, 2.4meter high, it somehow happened to be just nice reach my false ceiling. My false ceiling pretty deep cos need to install my E27 bulb holder. If my false ceiling thinner then I have to make a pelmet above the sliding door.

You renovating now too?
Edited by andotang

Haven't actually applied, still considering. I just went to the showroom to get a feel of the space. But still feel excited for those doing reno..come in to kaypoh a bit.

Removing that laundry rack is a good call. Can foresee it malfunctioning, collecting dirt in all the nooks and crannies...shudder. Alternative solution needed...think most ppl will have sofa in the living room haha...

Dining Table

I custom made a bar height dining table so that I can hide all the dining chairs under the table to save space. Also I wanted to double this dining table as a hanger for those clothing pending for ironing. This is white powder coated and should last me a long time, at most just replace the marble top when it deteriorate.

VDining1.jpg

Made it 1600mm long so that it flushes with my bombshelter wall and wardrobe. Height is 1050mm and with marble is 1070mm. Adjustable plastic feet for uneven flooring.

VDining2.jpg

Hang bar under the table.

VDining3.jpg

Bare bone without putting on the marble yet. I am surprise no screwing needed and then I realised the marble is sooooo heavy, the weight itself can make the table stable. Also i make it a point not to have any thing to block the chair from pushing underneath it as some design have a bottom bar under the table for foot rest and stablility.

VDining4.jpg

Hanged some clothing to test and the height just nice.

VDining5.jpg

However my plan to hide my dining chair under the table cannot be done as I found 2 awesome bar stool that I got to buy them.

VDining6.jpg

But I will get 2 more that I can hide under the table for guest. Me and wifey will use the 2 awesome one for everyday meals. Disadvantage about this table is that it is not pioneer generation friendly. Old people will not be able to sit in a bar height table. I still love my bar height table as the food is nearer to the mouth when eating and I can slide many things under the table including my portable laundry rack.

Edited by andotang