Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Recommended Posts

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 10/03/2016 at 1:17 AM, salmonpink said:

hi andotang,

thanks for taking the time to put up a detailed blog and video. would appreciate it if you could share with me the contacts of your ID.

 

Thanks for the compliment. PMed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andotang

It's been fruitful reading your blog. 

1) Can you elaborate on how that raised tile in the middle of the shower is done. I like it too, as there's no pools of soapy water gathering at your feet when you shower. And cost? :)

2) You custom made your L/R marble table from Indonesia. I would think you can do it locally without having the hassle of shipping it back here? I'm also looking to custom-made a work/dining table with metal legs, not powder-coated and with wooden top, more similar (in terms of the metal legs) to this bench outside the HDB showflat. Wonder if you've any leads for this.large.DSC04674ed.jpg

3) Can you post/pm contact for HH rack. Tks.

Edited by Stream
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Streamer,

1. I was inspired by this when i went to SBH showroom to look for toilet tiles to overlay.

GTiles1.jpgKToilet5.jpg

Talked to ID after seeing first pic from SBH and she said can be done. but cannot be so high as in the SBH showroom else my door cannot swing in. As you can see in the second pic, the tiler put cement below the platform and just lay the wood like tiles on top. ID did not charge me any extra. I just need to pay for that few pieces of wood tiles that's all. Best decision ever made for the shower area.

2. I custom made my marble table from second charm, just tell them my ideas and the boss will ask their factory in indon to do it and ship to sg, I no need to arrange any shipping all done by second charm, I paid a $300 deposit and balance upon delivery after 6 weeks. At first I also wanted polish metal frame like you, but the boss warn me say will become rusty in few years. So I go for powder coated. You can get your table done there too, I think for a 1.6m, 5cm thick wooden top, about $1200.

3) "Can you post/pm contact for HH rack. Tks."

Are you referring to the shelves in the bomb shelter? house hold rack?

 

 

 

Edited by andotang
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72213-2-room-bto-themeless-with-philips-hue-lighting/)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andotang,

1) Yes, I'm referring to the bomb shelter. 

2) After "narrowing" down your bathroom entrance by 30cm, I guess your entrance is only about 70cm wide. That gives me the idea to do the same so I can achieve dry/wet area in my toilet ;)

3) Regarding your kitchen cabinets, what make you decide to go with Blum rather than custom-made by your contractor? (I haven't been to Blum showroom as yet).

BTW, you can wall-mount a flip-down ledge/shelve beside your platform bed to serve as table top for your notebook for those moments when you want to work in bed.  

Edited by Stream
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stream said:

Hi Andotang,

1) Yes, I'm referring to the bomb shelter. 

2) After "narrowing" down your bathroom entrance by 30cm, I guess your entrance is only about 70cm wide. That gives me the idea to do the same so I can achieve dry/wet area in my toilet ;)

3) Regarding your kitchen cabinets, what make you decide to go with Blum rather than custom-made by your contractor? (I haven't been to Blum showroom as yet).

BTW, you can wall-mount a flip-down ledge/shelve beside your platform bed to serve as table top for your notebook for those moments when you want to work in bed.  

Hi Streamer,

1. PMed you the rack contact.

2. yes 70cm and I don't feel it is too small. Also I can use a single door now instead of bi-fold. Had my door swing out instead of swing in to have more space. HDB made the entrance for wheelchair friendly with no raised floor and I made it unfriendly with a raised marble floor......I will have a taste of my own medicine when I am old....

3. I saw blum had a 10% discount promo and signed up for it. Since I only have a very small kitchen, price should be affordable. Usual carpentry for kitchen is about $3k. I went to blum and was quoted $3.7k. But I choose a nice laminate and end up at $4.6k exclude my granite top. Fast forward to today, I compared the blum cabinet with the carpentry in my living room, no regret at all. In fact I should have used blum in my living room too. Main reason : the carpentry cabinet already start warping, I see uneven edge on the door panel, cabinet door doesn't close properly I had to use magnetic clip. My blum is still in tip top condition after 5 months, just like brand new. No warping of door panel. Suggest you try getting a blum quote from them and compare with normal carpentry, if u can afford should go with blum. For bigger kitchen 3 room onwards, I think the price start from $8k onwards quite exp cos they have to do 2 side, I only 1 side. Learned my lesson, carpentry door will warp very fast if door panel is big, although it is subject to the quality of wood panel the carpenter used, blum door is slightly thicker thus reduce warping chance. Go Blum at Ubi to see the quality, they have nice mock up kitchen.

4. Thanks for the tips. However I try not to put any electronic in my bedroom which produce heat, make room very hot, currently room is very comfortable to sleep even without aircon or fan. When I come out to living room where my desktop computer is kept on overnight, the whole living room so warm due to heat from the computer CPU. Also I need the aisle beside my bed to tidy my bedsheet every morning. Instead of a flip down, I will just wall mount a slim TV there and use chrome cast to stream. This way no need ledge and I can still tidy my bed. But the heat from tv.... so i hold back first. Cos my bedroom is strictly for sleeping only, all other activities will be in living room where our computer is.

Thank you for reading my blog and your suggestion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, andotang said:

Hi Streamer,

Fast forward to today, I compared the blum cabinet with the carpentry in my living room, no regret at all. In fact I should have used blum in my living room too. Main reason : the carpentry cabinet already start warping, I see uneven edge on the door panel, cabinet door doesn't close properly I had to use magnetic clip. My blum is still in tip top condition after 5 months, just like brand new. No warping of door panel. Suggest you try getting a blum quote from them and compare with normal carpentry, if u can afford should go with blum. For bigger kitchen 3 room onwards, I think the price start from $8k onwards quite exp cos they have to do 2 side, I only 1 side. Learned my lesson, carpentry door will warp very fast if door panel is big, although it is subject to the quality of wood panel the carpenter used, blum door is slightly thicker thus reduce warping chance. Go Blum at Ubi to see the quality, they have nice mock up kitchen.

Thank you for reading my blog and your suggestion.

Actually for me, partly because I just don't trust local carpentry skills. I only plan to do wardrobes and kitchen cabinetry.  So Blum will also do other types of cabinetry, not just kitchens? I'll go visit Blum one day.

As for your Besglas 1.6m wardrobe in the L/R, how is it holding up? Maybe I'll do something like that. Did they also do the box up for you or was that done by your contractor, and how much did it all cost you? I'll also do a comparison with OPSH and Ikea etc. Maybe it's just best to get shelving/posts and then get a contractor to install sliding doors and voila, my wardrobe is up!

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi Andotang - How's the search for a ceiling fan going?

Hi 2Roomer, no progress yet. Aiming the new KDK U48FP White. Hoping to see some review soon on this model and also haiku is launching a lower end L series, gonna see how it goes. Read about Haiku had very bad service for a premium priced fan, thus I aiming KDK now which is half the price of haiku. Meantime had been using aircon and table fan. Hardly open windows as it is very dusty if opened.

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stream said:

Actually for me, partly because I just don't trust local carpentry skills. I only plan to do wardrobes and kitchen cabinetry.  So Blum will also do other types of cabinetry, not just kitchens? I'll go visit Blum one day.

As for your Besglas 1.6m wardrobe in the L/R, how is it holding up? Maybe I'll do something like that. Did they also do the box up for you or was that done by your contractor, and how much did it all cost you? I'll also do a comparison with OPSH and Ikea etc. Maybe it's just best to get shelving/posts and then get a contractor to install sliding doors and voila, my wardrobe is up!

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us!

Yes it is possible to configure a cabinet from blum for living room too, better quality but very expensive. When my current carpentry become old I am gonna replace it with blum.

Besglas charge $380 for the box up but will not paint for me, my ID agreed to do it for the same price but paint the box up for me. The pole system and the sliding door comes up to about $15XX. So all in less then 2k. 5 months already and it still look brand new and tip top condition. Love the soft closing sliding door, just close until about a 4cm gap then it will auto close like blum soft closing drawers. This wardrobe should last me a lifetime, at most replace the roller on the sliding door only. Unlike common carpentry or Ikea wardrobe, they only last a few years then get very ugly from laminate peeling or warping or hinges misalign. The sliding glass door ate up half the cost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed all my posted pictures are gone, just showing up as a link or icon. Probably due to the server upgrade which changed the interface slightly. So I took some time to repost everything all over again. Hope it is working as intended now as I am also quite blur on this new interface, the posting procedure seems improved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, andotang said:

I noticed all my posted pictures are gone, just showing up as a link or icon. Probably due to the server upgrade which changed the interface slightly. So I took some time to repost everything all over again. Hope it is working as intended now as I am also quite blur on this new interface, the posting procedure seems improved.

hi nice setup you have on your hue lighting. ive gotten many RGB light bulb too but from taobao. yet to fixed but hope it does turn out well. and I have also customize a pole system which cost me abt 5xx USD including shipping for 12ft long.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi andotang,

could you please advise me when did u get the rack for your bomb shelter store room? What's their contact? Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2016 at 9:45 PM, yk123 said:

Hi andotang,

could you please advise me when did u get the rack for your bomb shelter store room? What's their contact? Thanks.

You probably mean where and not when. PMed you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×