Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

A Hodgepodge Of Ideas - 5I Resale Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks guys. Lazyfatcat007, may i have your blog address please? :) sapphire89, i must admit i was attracted by LG's looks. it looks really sleek and stylish. but i read in one of the forums here that apparently it may have issues if installed lower, i.e. below a false ceiling? i'm not sure also. so confusing :(

I'm not sure whether there will be such issues but I don't have a false ceiling so I don't think it will be a problem for me... It's made in Korea so we decided to give it a chance... Apparently, it's recently become quite popular according to the Gain City salesperson that recommended to me. Starmex has a 5 tick model that is newer but apparently the older model is better in terms of cooling power. The thing about 5 ticks is that energy saving so you compromise a little on the cooling ability I believe.

ya, heard that newer Starmex are made in Thailand, the slightly old ones are from Japan.

Still due to my tight $$$ I intent to get these... :dunno:

any reviews?

I'm not sure whether there will be such issues but I don't have a false ceiling so I don't think it will be a problem for me... It's made in Korea so we decided to give it a chance... Apparently, it's recently become quite popular according to the Gain City salesperson that recommended to me. Starmex has a 5 tick model that is newer but apparently the older model is better in terms of cooling power. The thing about 5 ticks is that energy saving so you compromise a little on the cooling ability I believe.

this is exacccctly what the gain city guy told us yesterday! about how the new starmex has a 5 tick model but the older model is better etc. so confusing leh. so u bought ur LG aircon from gain city?

ya, heard that newer Starmex are made in Thailand, the slightly old ones are from Japan.

Still due to my tight $$$ I intent to get these... :dunno:

any reviews?

awww :( no idea about this. will it serve the purpose though? my dad used to have one. but it was the kind where you have to fill it up with cold water.. is this the same?

this is exacccctly what the gain city guy told us yesterday! about how the new starmex has a 5 tick model but the older model is better etc. so confusing leh. so u bought ur LG aircon from gain city?

Yup... We got it last month with the 2 year service contract and they're installing this coming weekend! If I didn't remember wrongly, they said the new Starmex is made in China whilst the old one was made in Thailand. But I can't remember too clearly what they said alr... I'm thinking Made in Korea should be not that bad? Finger's crossed and hopefully Ahyong will review his Artcool!

Not sure what issues you're worried about with the false ceiling?

Yup... We got it last month with the 2 year service contract and they're installing this coming weekend! If I didn't remember wrongly, they said the new Starmex is made in China whilst the old one was made in Thailand. But I can't remember too clearly what they said alr... I'm thinking Made in Korea should be not that bad? Finger's crossed and hopefully Ahyong will review his Artcool!

Not sure what issues you're worried about with the false ceiling?

i read a post on it last night on my phone... now i can't find it. if i find it i'll show u. let me know how ur new aircon is, ok?!! also the service from gain city as well. thank u so much! :D

i read a post on it last night on my phone... now i can't find it. if i find it i'll show u. let me know how ur new aircon is, ok?!! also the service from gain city as well. thank u so much! :D

No probs! Will let you know when they're done installing and I test it out. So far I here GC is the better aircon installers alr...

If you are having false ceiling, they might need to have to make an indentation for the aircon cos got minimum clearance dimensions... thats all I know for this...

that's the only one I know of too...

ok i shall do further research on this. my contractor just called abt an hour ago and apparently we can start the hacking work on 16th dec which is next week omg! :D

thanks dien! my flat is only 13 years old so not that bad la i think. haha.

anyway, question for anyone who reads this: which air conditioner would u recommend?! we are looking for a system 4 and are confused between Mitsubishi Starmex, LG and Hitachi!!!

Hello! Looking forward to see your reno updates! :)

I chose Mitsubishi Starmex for my new place. Reason: My parents' place installed Starmex 6-7 years ago and it's still working today. Very cold too! My dad also monitored the electricity consumption before & after changing to Mitsubishi Starmex (i cannot what brand were they using before that), and he said the savings are significant. Theirs is a System 3 and all 3 units are on every single night :D

I got mine from Gain City. The aircon guys who did our installation are very experienced and good.

Hello! Looking forward to see your reno updates! :)

I chose Mitsubishi Starmex for my new place. Reason: My parents' place installed Starmex 6-7 years ago and it's still working today. Very cold too! My dad also monitored the electricity consumption before & after changing to Mitsubishi Starmex (i cannot what brand were they using before that), and he said the savings are significant. Theirs is a System 3 and all 3 units are on every single night :D

I got mine from Gain City. The aircon guys who did our installation are very experienced and good.

hi! thank you soo much! is your starmex the new model with 5 ticks? or is it the older one?

here's a sneak peek of the tiles we chose for our two toilets! i'm a huge fan of the baroque pattern, and thankfully the husband agreed that they look great. we picked them from Soon Bee Huat. take a look! brown one is for the common toilet, grey for the master :)

Common bathroom tiles

Master bathroom tiles

Hello scarlett! Nice looking tiles for toilet's and that's important because to me it's an area often neglected .. hehe. .. I like to shower in a space that makes me go hmm mmm

Edited by Luxexplorer