Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

A Hodgepodge Of Ideas - 5I Resale Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Even last week on a weekday and it took me 1.5 hours at about 9pm. .now school holidays and half the Singapore population is there. Make sure you factor in this 2 ways

Edited by Luxexplorer

hi sarlett,

Do you mind sharing me your contractor's detail and contact? can you pm me please?
​I going to renovate my 5rm house and I'm looking for reliable contractor.
​very much appreciated.

​thanks

Expect a jam with the long weekend! I went in on Monday and was stuck in a jam on my way back for 2.5 hours. Joined the returning queue at 1.30 pm, cleared customs at 4pm. But it was worth it :)

The news just now reported massive jams at the causeway.

Even last week on a weekday and it took me 1.5 hours at about 9pm. .now school holidays and half the Singapore population is there. Make sure you factor in this 2 ways

phew! i think we're not going to go then... the other time we came back from jb on a friday night (11 dec), we were stuck for 3.5 hours. moved 3km in 3 hours. got home at 2.45am. traumatizing.

hi sarlett,

Do you mind sharing me your contractor's detail and contact? can you pm me please?

​I going to renovate my 5rm house and I'm looking for reliable contractor.

​very much appreciated.

​thanks

PM'ed!

another round of updates!

Mr B told me that they will begin wall tiling today. excitedddddddddddddd for the makeover! oh, and we were busy this weekend - bought the ceiling fans and the aircon as well, and arranged delivery of our appliances etc. also picked up our coffee table! Tomorrow (Tuesday) our bathroom items will arrive!

For ceiling fan, we went for Fanco's FFM 6000 (48"). For 3 bedrooms. We got the 'antique' colour, which is like brass and brownish - goes with the parquet flooring i guess. Got it at a good price (i think?!) - $230 inclusive of LED tricolour lights and a remote (not the original, but who cares?). Installation is $40 per fan. Bought the fans from Extreme Lighting at Balestier. The salesman, Danny, was really helpful and very knowledgable and confident without being condescending or arrogant. :) recommended!

We bought our aircon (at long last) from Gain City Sungei Kadut. Advantage: 5 mins from home! Haha. The salesman is the one we previously met, Mr Derek Low. he's been working at gain City since 1993!!!! very helpful, very polite, very knowledgable. thumbs up. We bought the Mitsubishi Starmex (2 ticks) system 4. Upgraded to the bigger inch tube, and also added $50 to increase our MBR's BTU. So it's 21,000 BTU + 12,000 BTU + 9,000 BTU + 9,000 BTU. Total: $4,249. They have 0% credit card instalment, which is really helpful.

Ok, photo time!!

Aircon

Aircon - Mitsubishi Starmex Sys 4. From Gain City.

Fan

Ceiling fan. Fanco FFM 6000, 48". From Extreme Lighting.

Tiles

Tiles have arrived, ready for tiling!

Empty common toilet

Empty common toilet. All ready for tiling.

Empty kitchen

Empty kitchen!

coffee table

coffee table that we bought from FortyTwo.sg!!! only $59. looks really nice in real life too, but i couldn't get a photo of it cos it was all dismantled haha.
So it seems that we will need to alter the false ceiling in the living room since our aircon is so big and bulky. Haiz. Hope Mr B doesn't charge too much :(
Lastly, I have a question:
Do you know any good electrician who can replace my light switches? We are planning to buy the light switches from a hardware shop and then get an external electrician. Scared Mr B will charge very high!
Edited by scarlett

Scarlett! Once tiles up, then can begin to see the picture better... exciting :) I hate the aircon cos resale flats have the most weird config, I just (really just) change my system 3 to system 2 becos of the ugly trunkings...

Ps: are you staying in cck? Lol

Scarlett! Once tiles up, then can begin to see the picture better... exciting :) I hate the aircon cos resale flats have the most weird config, I just (really just) change my system 3 to system 2 becos of the ugly trunkings...

Ps: are you staying in cck? Lol

yes! yew tee, to be more precise. hahaha. are u as well??? i shall go over tonight to see (partially) done up toilets :D

aaandddd the tiles are (partially) up! husband and i are LOVING them so far. soooo glad we chose these tiles. love all our purchases as well because they really represent 'us'. :D

master toilet wall

master toilet wall! the patterned tiles will be behind the toilet bowl.

master toilet shower

shower area of the master toilet! decided to put the patterned tiles on one wall here. loving it!

whoa it's been 6 days since i last updated! well, things are going well so far. :) the plumbing works have started. hubby and i also picked out the paint tones (which i forgot to take down AGAIN. will update once i find the piece of paper on which i wrote down the tones!), and we picked the kompacplus and laminates for our kitchen cabinets and master vanity top.

for the kitchen cabinet, we picked 10.4. the slightly darker one. 10.3 is the most common, judging from the renotalk blogs i've seen! shades are below (credit to another renotalk blogger i think - i got the image from google images):

gallery 62588 461 21666

since we picked a dark Kompacplus color, we decided to go for a white laminate finish for our cabinets:

kitchen cabinet

keeping in mind the same range of shades, we picked 10.6 for our master toilet vanity top! keeping in line with the grey tiles :) and below is the cabinet laminate finish:

master toilet cabinet

laminates were picked from the following folder (so thick!):

laminate folder

and the toilet tiling is done! looks FAB! i'm impressed by the tiling work, really. :) :)

common toilet tiles complete

common toilet (Shower area)

master toilet tiles complete

master toilet
we are using bifold doors for both toilets. so for the common toilet, we picked a cream opaque acrylic with a brown frame. acrylic color:

common toilet door material

and for master toilet, black opaque acrylic with white frames:

master toilet door material

and lastly... our loot!!! (basins, WCs, hob, hood, shower sets etc). Was super impressed by Wasser. They were actually earlier than the stipulated delivery time, so my husband told them to come later as we were both still at work. They were scheduled to arrive at 3, arrived at 3.15pm with all the loot. Hoe Kee, on the other hand, was less than impressive. They said they would come between 2-5. At around 5, the driver called and he didn't speak very clearly. It sounded like he was there already so my hubby quickly walked over. Turns out no sign of him. We both tried calling the driver back at least 5-7 times, no ans. I had to call the cust svc (the lady was quite curt and not that helpful), and then finally she said 'oh another half an hour, he is in the area'. ?!?!?!?! then call for what?

anyway then he arrived close to 6. irritating. loot was all intact, so that was the only redeeming factor.

loot

more updates to come later!! :D

Edited by scarlett

happy new year everyone!

so our kitchen cabinets are coming up. we went to take a look over the weekend and the skeleton is already up. SO exciting! and this morning, the aircon people from Gain City arrived. currently installing (i'm at work, hubby is there supervising). so we couldn't have the aircon installed exactly where we wanted (which is above the feature wall, facing the sofa). instead, it's going to be in the dining room but facing towards the living hall (tv area). our dining room and living hall are kind of 'defined' spaces, so i was a bit worried that the cold air won't reach the tv area. but i think it should be ok. will post pictures later. toilet accessories have all been installed, now just waiting for the shower screens and the bifold doors. so far so good.

we went to ikea the other day and bought a whole load of items for the house. one of which is a set of tracklights. quite cheap but nice looking. planning to install it soon. also thinking of changing all the droplights to led lights. let's see.

that's all for now! :D

Hi,may I know your system 4 total BTU is 24btu or 28btu,as I ask around 3 room 9btu and hall 24btu.I surprise that you can get 21btu and 12btu plus 9btu for 2 room.

Hi,may I know your system 4 total BTU is 24btu or 28btu,as I ask around 3 room 9btu and hall 24btu.I surprise that you can get 21btu and 12btu plus 9btu for 2 room.

hi tarzanboy, thanks for dropping by. my compressor is 28btu i think. :)