Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

i agree with u that the bathroom 3D looks a bit out & old as compared to the rest of the 3D (which looks great!). Also, you may want to do hanging cabinets to prevent water damage.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i agree with u that the bathroom 3D looks a bit out & old as compared to the rest of the 3D (which looks great!). Also, you may want to do hanging cabinets to prevent water damage.

That's what I told my ID!! Though I admit I didn't give it much thought until he sent me the pic with carpentry for the bathroom!

petit-meuble-salle-de-bain-contrasteacut

f9a81ad29afbc9ef9112c64d98666dea_zpsguzp

meuble-sous-lavabo-en-bois-planches-effe

1st one looks nice! I like the 3 different colors with different materials. Young & classy! :D

2nd one is wooden top...i think also will damage hahaha... 3rd one double vanity how i wish HDB can squeeze in LOL.

That's what I told my ID!! Though I admit I didn't give it much thought until he sent me the pic with carpentry for the bathroom!

petit-meuble-salle-de-bain-contrasteacut

f9a81ad29afbc9ef9112c64d98666dea_zpsguzp

meuble-sous-lavabo-en-bois-planches-effe

1st one looks nice! I like the 3 different colors with different materials. Young & classy! :D

2nd one is wooden top...i think also will damage hahaha... 3rd one double vanity how i wish HDB can squeeze in LOL.

I've got Kompacplus top for the bathroom vanity too so should be ok! Though I really want drawers instead of the hinge doors.

I've got Kompacplus top for the bathroom vanity too so should be ok! Though I really want drawers instead of the hinge doors.

Me too, but contractor said don't recommend drawers for places with water pipes :( so I gave in to practicality

Me too, but contractor said don't recommend drawers for places with water pipes :( so I gave in to practicality

Mine's going to double check with the carpenter about the practicality issue too... But hinges very old school ah! Do you have a drawing of yours?

Mine's going to double check with the carpenter about the practicality issue too... But hinges very old school ah! Do you have a drawing of yours?

No but it's gonna be very simple and templatey... Only cus I only have a vanity in the guest bathroom and I only ordered a normal square sink with a standard looking Hansgrohe tap :rofl:

But mine is suspended with tempered glass top instead of solid top.

No but it's gonna be very simple and templatey... Only cus I only have a vanity in the guest bathroom and I only ordered a normal square sink with a standard looking Hansgrohe tap :rofl:

But mine is suspended with tempered glass top instead of solid top.

Hahah! I'm just going to see what my ID's gonna suggest. How you dealing with storage of things in the bathroom?

Kompacplus top looks pretty! Gave a warm fuzzy feel~~~

We initially wanted to customize MBR toilet vanity cabinet with quartz top... but the price quoted to us is too ex... so just gonna buy off-the-shelf haha.

Hahah! I'm just going to see what my ID's gonna suggest. How you dealing with storage of things in the bathroom?

Eh! Daiso is my best friend. Just buy extendable portable racks that go in shelf areas to maximize space. So this is extra!

Honestly, hubby and I don't have much things.. I sacrificed vanity for a bathtub for my MBR toilet... So I just have a hanging sink.

With the storeroom space available we are already quite well set! Haha. So don't rly need that much storage for bathrooms...

We do have glass shelves and stainless steel towel racks though. Hha.

Can I ask how come drawers are not recommended?

If and when your pipes leak (over time or bad installation), hard to spot or even notice. By the time u notice maybe alre quite soaked.

I think that's what he told me la. He just say best to have open shelves there and he's always been right when it comes to practicality so I just follow lor.

our kitchen design is gorgeous! :wub: can't wait to see them come to live!

So I've finally received the 2nd drafts including the master bathroom carpentry's first draft. I think they've more or less captured what I want for the rest of the pictures but something's just not right about the bathroom carpentry. Somehow, it just doesn't look like it fits in with the scandi theme? I think it's probably a little orbiang (old fashioned)? Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks it needs work??

20151018173258_zpsxgqwvsik.jpg

The other photos for your viewing pleasure!

unnamed%202_zpsyltyykfr.jpg

Think the drafter's forgot we wanted the full length one instead... but this looks pretty too~ Decisions decisions...

unnamed%204_zpsxwrt1ufm.jpg

unnamed%201_zpsrfzbvukm.jpg

unnamed_zpspfx9qwap.jpg

Seeing the IKEA PS 2014 ladder shelf I bought to store my vanity stuff makes me think my decision to go with it was the right one!!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Actually the main reason is the carpentry work. There is a discharge pipe from sink that goes straight down to floor.

This hinders the construction of drawers. Then with water pipes, it is always better to leave an open space around for inspection or future replacement.

Same goes with the kitchen sink and hob.

So I've finally received the 2nd drafts including the master bathroom carpentry's first draft. I think they've more or less captured what I want for the rest of the pictures but something's just not right about the bathroom carpentry. Somehow, it just doesn't look like it fits in with the scandi theme? I think it's probably a little orbiang (old fashioned)? Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks it needs work??

20151018173258_zpsxgqwvsik.jpg

Colour wise is kinda dark but you can simply just change the laminate.

Main issue here, as mentioned by others, the cabinet must be wall hung and not sit on the floor. Cater for future washing and splashing.

Round sink is nice but rectangle types fit well too.

The benefit of rectangle sink is that the tap can be mounted on the sink, so any dripping will be into the sink and not around.

Also less "blind spot" area to clean. eg behind the sink

Also, if you shop around, the "sit on sink" tap is always cheaper than the "tall" tap base on same design. Diff can be as much as $50.