Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We accidentally bought the wrong hob from Goh ah bee and want to exchange.
Goh ah bee agree but ask for the carton box packaging so we can return.
But we hvae already thrown the packaging away.
If any kind soul can spare us the packaging for this model - Bosch Domino 2 zone gas: PRB326B70E you have not thrown , we are more wiling to get from you at token sum $10-20.
Can collect at your place
This is the model we talking about, we need the carton packaging:

Sorry! Didn't buy this model!

wow love the dinning table. hope it arrives soon!

do update when it's arrived in Singapore on the condition :) which shop did you buy it from?

I went ceiling fan shopping at Phylux on Saturday afternoon so that I could get another item off my mind....

I went for this Taiwan Aero DC fan in the end... I was only there to test the power of it since I liked the look of it in the pictures... The aerodynamics and aesthetics combined caused me to make my decision on the spot! The areas to test the fan was big but even then I could feel the power of the wind and I think that's a good fan in my opinion. Apparently it also "sucks" the air upwards and can reverse the flow of the wind? It's something the sales person described as good for people whom cannot blow fan directly? I suppose more for sensitive nose ppl and young children.

Ceiling%20Fan_zps6cq07msq.png

I went TB shopping in the morning. Almost $1k gone like that. TB is addictive... I'm now filling my wallet with decorative objects, sofa cushions and other scandi knick knacks, considering furniture and lights are settled. Nearing the move in date I will go and check them out and ship them in again.

Stuff that I've bought!

1.8m sold wood top dining table - lesson learnt! should have ordered this 5 days before all other stuff. everything has arrived in the warehouse but this! OMG! Lucky got 9 days buffer before need to add daily charge.

Dining%20Table_zps0hl3zgnv.jpg

Pendant lamp for above the dining table -

Dining%20Pendant_zpsfqcma3xj.jpg

Replica Eames Dining Chairs

Eames%20dining%20chairs_zps4xdsw7yw.jpg

Master Bedroom Pendant Lamps to frame the bedside

Bedroom%20pendant_zpstrcedgc9.jpg

Island top Pendant lights -

Bar%20top%20pendants_zpsrnopayhm.jpg

3 Barstools

Barstools_zpsl2gzp42e.jpg

Now popi popi everything comes alright! And the dining table ships before my 9 days in the warehouse is up!

XOXO,

Sapphira

wow love the dinning table. hope it arrives soon!

do update when it's arrived in Singapore on the condition :) which shop did you buy it from?

Hi Lyn! link's here and I'm praying hard that it's all OKAY! It's almost at the consolidation stage and might be ready to ship by this week!! :sport-smiley-004:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.9SBjxO&id=45210374389&_u=u2gea0nd499c

They actually have a lead time of 7-9 days to build from scratch your purchase so you'll have to order first before all your other small items that can reach your agent in 1-2 days so that you won't exceed the number of days in the warehouse and need to pay additional charges.

Edited by sapphire89

Yeah manage buy taobao coffee table to ship over. Quite good price. Bad thing is i gotta fix it myself. No choice la....no time go furniture shop to shop.

Edited by Relacker

Yeah manage buy taobao coffee table to ship over. Quite good price. Bad thing is i gotta fix it myself. No choice la....no time go furniture shop to shop.

Hopefully my ID can help us out with the putting it together... Or else we'll just build like we always do our IKEA stuff over the years...

Busy week at work so thought I'd do a quick update!

We finally borrowed the car cause the fiance's parents were overseas last weekend! Loads done over the entire Saturday that my ID also said we were efficient. We are targeting a before Christmas handover... So hopefully nothing else goes wrong!

So our Taobao items are now stuffed and on the way to us. Hopefully everything comes out well. The only thing about online shopping is it is always a hit or miss. Sometimes you get pleasantly surprised and other times it's just bleah..

We went up to our place first to collect our ugly toilet ceiling meshes to get acrylic pieces cut didn't realise that workers were going to be working on our place on a Saturday. We would have brought them drinks if we knew.

Back to the acrylic pieces... We got the meshes out and boy are they sharp. Luckily we thick skin or else sure kena cut. Better be careful when removing these things ppl... We used highlighters to mark the ones for the master bedroom so that we could match the acrylic pieces and place them back where they should. The place that we went and got it cut was very efficient and they helped us measure out the pieces before we went to their sales office to determine how much it cost. After paying we went back to them and they got it cut down to the size of each piece of mesh. They even showed us piece by piece to determine that all were to size.

After cutting the meshes, off to IKEA we went! The aim of the day were to get out toilet accessories and we got mirrors, shower stuff holders, etc... I can't remember what we bought but it was about 600 odd dollars in toilet accessories and kitchen drawer inserts.

These Variera interior fittings will definitely make my drawers standout when you open them and I've got the carpenter working on the measurements such that they are cut to size and fit perfectly.

0164024_PE319124_S3_zpsfkjpbasz.jpg

0164021_PE319126_S3_zpsg1f8qzgg.jpg

0247165_PE386009_S3_zpscmflriyv.jpg

We went back to our place and we surprised yet again that our wall was completed!

IMG_5991_zps9iwokyhc.jpg

Though after that in the evening when I thought of it, isn't the electrical points all meant to be moved to the centre? Immediately I called my ID and told him that... He was like blur really meh?? It's like what use to I have for the points if they're not where the TV should be? He checked and got back to me saying they will fix it... They also forgot to add double points to my vanity area where I was sure I said I would need points to hair dryers etc... All in all, these will be fixed and hopefully I get an update today.

Got a call last night and there was another issue to figure out. The master wardrobe was meant to be a three door wardrobe on 2 tracks so only 1/3 of the wardrobe can be opened at any one time. The carpenter said that the basket insert (one of those meant for the KALLAX range shelves) that it would be difficult for me to get them out of the wardrobe and they proposed changing it to a 2 door design. That way I could open half (1.05m) of my wardrobe at any given time. Of course my internal config had to be moved around and so I had to free drawer how I wanted it to look like to send to my ID whilst we tried watch GoT. I can't say it's mine nor the fiance's tastes so not really sure we'll continue to watch it. But we'll see. Here's my impromptu drawing of my wardrobe config...

20151206164154_zpssnwurnyi.jpg

Fingers crossed no more errors! Not very possible I know. >.<

Edited by sapphire89

Coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the finished home!!!

As to the little calculation errors, I like to think that they are the highlights of renovation. So adrenalin-pumping when you encounter them, but super satisfied once they are fixed... lol.

One of my regrets was that I assumed my 60cm deep kitchen cabinets would fit the IKEA stuff nicely, but the custom ones are built much shorter apparently, since I didn't let him know specifically. Haha!

I can't fit them in vertically, so super excited for you that you can fit these in nicely! :)

The IKEA interior fittings are the bomb really, I love using them for my kitchen!

Coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the finished home!!!

As to the little calculation errors, I like to think that they are the highlights of renovation. So adrenalin-pumping when you encounter them, but super satisfied once they are fixed... lol.

Looking forward to seeing it myself too! I haven't had a chance to go down this weekend but next week we're having the aircon and fan people come in and install the airconditioning. We're also tripping down to IKEA to get our TV console and shoes cabinet.

My reaction is always like again?!? Then I will put down the phone and think through a solution then call him again and say ok let's do this.

But at least I've had not much problems except for the electrics and this wardrobe issue. Blessing I suppose? :D

One of my regrets was that I assumed my 60cm deep kitchen cabinets would fit the IKEA stuff nicely, but the custom ones are built much shorter apparently, since I didn't let him know specifically. Haha!

I can't fit them in vertically, so super excited for you that you can fit these in nicely! :)

The IKEA interior fittings are the bomb really, I love using them for my kitchen!

My ID actually said if you want to make sure they fit buy some samples and I'll get them to base the measurements on it. Which I think was good advice. Now at least if they can't fit I can make sure they adjust till it fits!

I think this Bamboo Variera range of inserts are super pretty!!

Finally, the shower screens are up...

20151208175553_zpsidt1evts.jpg

20151208175556_zpsibzhjllw.jpg

Can't wait to install the toilet accessories!

My taobao items are estimated to arrive early next week and once the date's firmed up, my ID will arrange the electrician to take delivery (means I don't need to be there!) and straight away install the lights! Then I can finally go night visiting! Yay!

Productive weekend for us. On Saturday we had the aircon and fan installed!

Here's some photos of the paint work! Love the greys in our house! :dancingqueen:

IMG_6015_zpsnyucml8d.jpg

Study Room's grey has a little pink tinge in it but make the study room look soft and relaxing sort of grey! While waiting for the installation to be completed we scooted off to IKEA down the street to grab stuff for the house~ and have lunch!

IMG_6018_zpsugafgffp.jpg

Our stylo-milo aircon!! It's so pretty~ GC's installers are pretty good except that they were 45mins late and didn't tell us. I had to call them to check if they were ever arriving! But knowledge and skill wise they were very good so I will still recommend their services. This is our living room unit~

IMG_6022_zps82tkkixc.jpg

Originally I wanted the trunking to be put above the unit along the ceiling but the installer said that this was for the water to flow from the unit so it need to be placed below. Looks so weird that I've got a "beam" there now!

IMG_6023_zpsw7w1ahwc.jpg

Master Bedroom unit

FullSizeRender%201_zpson8w8ual.jpg

The installer was so thoughtful! Usually, common sense will tell you to run one single casing for the trunking. But our installer ran 2 without us asking! He said this way it will look like an extension of the beam once it's painted and aesthetically will look much better! I agree and kudos to our installation bro!

IMG_6029_zpssseleahy.jpg

We just noticed one small detail after the installation! We've gone and cut our acrylic panes! Now we need one piece to be cut smaller. Oh well.. another trip to the acrylic people again!

IMG_6031_zpsfgt9ilwr.jpg

Our fan! I'm so in love with this fan!!! The wind speed's so good and if used together with the air conditioning, you can use the reverse mode to circulate the cool air upwards so that the whole room cools faster!

FullSizeRender_zpsppvixorn.jpg

Can't wait for carpentry installation to begin today! :jammin::jammin:

Productive weekend for us. On Saturday we had the aircon and fan installed!

Here's some photos of the paint work! Love the greys in our house! :dancingqueen:

IMG_6015_zpsnyucml8d.jpg

Study Room's grey has a little pink tinge in it but make the study room look soft and relaxing sort of grey! While waiting for the installation to be completed we scooted off to IKEA down the street to grab stuff for the house~ and have lunch!

IMG_6018_zpsugafgffp.jpg

Our stylo-milo aircon!! It's so pretty~ GC's installers are pretty good except that they were 45mins late and didn't tell us. I had to call them to check if they were ever arriving! But knowledge and skill wise they were very good so I will still recommend their services. This is our living room unit~

IMG_6022_zps82tkkixc.jpg

Originally I wanted the trunking to be put above the unit along the ceiling but the installer said that this was for the water to flow from the unit so it need to be placed below. Looks so weird that I've got a "beam" there now!

IMG_6023_zpsw7w1ahwc.jpg

Master Bedroom unit

FullSizeRender%201_zpson8w8ual.jpg

The installer was so thoughtful! Usually, common sense will tell you to run one single casing for the trunking. But our installer ran 2 without us asking! He said this way it will look like an extension of the beam once it's painted and aesthetically will look much better! I agree and kudos to our installation bro!

IMG_6029_zpssseleahy.jpg

We just noticed one small detail after the installation! We've gone and cut our acrylic panes! Now we need one piece to be cut smaller. Oh well.. another trip to the acrylic people again!

IMG_6031_zpsfgt9ilwr.jpg

Our fan! I'm so in love with this fan!!! The wind speed's so good and if used together with the air conditioning, you can use the reverse mode to circulate the cool air upwards so that the whole room cools faster!

FullSizeRender_zpsppvixorn.jpg

Can't wait for carpentry installation to begin today! :jammin::jammin:

love the aircon! it looks really cool (excuse the pun)! hehe. do try it out and give feedback!