Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oooo! My ID's sent me an update again yesterday and this time the hob oven and sink's in! :dancingqueen:

20151216171505_zpsua0xuwbh.jpg

Do you have a switch/ plug for the oven or is it hot wired so that the "on-off" is on the oven itself?

Do you have a switch/ plug for the oven or is it hot wired so that the "on-off" is on the oven itself?

Hihi, we will have a switch that we can control at the side of the tall unit that holds the oven. We've also got another switch for the microwave.

Hihi, we will have a switch that we can control at the side of the tall unit that holds the oven. We've also got another switch for the microwave.

There should be a switch so that you can isolate power to the device in case you need to repair or change something. For me, I always locate my switch inside the nearest cabinet i.e. not visible. It is always left "on" but it can be switched "off" when needed. Of course you need to tell your kitchen cabinet designer/contractor that you want to do this. This has to be pre-planned.

There should be a switch so that you can isolate power to the device in case you need to repair or change something. For me, I always locate my switch inside the nearest cabinet i.e. not visible. It is always left "on" but it can be switched "off" when needed. Of course you need to tell your kitchen cabinet designer/contractor that you want to do this. This has to be pre-planned.

true I think so too! I'm not sure whether it will be difficult to reach if I leave it in the cabinet though... now I'm going to explore it with my ID! Thanks!!

Not any more difficult than reaching something at the back of your cabinet. But as I said, I leave it "on" most of the time. If you want to switch it on/off everytime, it might be better for the switch to be outside.

okay thanks! I realised that our toilet configuration is probably different as the bowl seating area will face the shower screen instead of beside it.. so the space between the legs and the shower screen may be tight.. wonder if can change the position of the toilet sink...

We're fine with it and even when I stood inside the shower area it wasn't too bad... Surprisingly spacious maybe cause I expected the worst! As for the other parts of the toilet I think it's not cramped since the screen and kerb doesn't eat into the space! I'll take a photo for you when I go down over the weekend!

I think the island was done to match the height for countertops so that we can sit down on one side of the island. The height makes perfect sense once you get and high stool placed there...

Yay! The carpentry installation has began!

20151214162112_zpsr3ltf5oi.jpg

I was so worried when I saw the island photo so I rushed down after work to see... The island is about 1m high so it looked like it would be too high to be used to prep food!! But alas, lucky I tall too. That's a barely comfortable height to do food prep any higher have to make shorter alr... My mum say must buy her a stool so that can stand on to prep food. Is it normal height for island counters to be a little higher than the kitchen worktop?

20151214162113_zps3bpkinug.jpg

And our TB loots have arrived!

20151214162122_zpscxida3zb.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands into fixing some of these stuff and praying that all's good when they are opened up! Hopefully the carpenter can open these wooden crated stuff up for us!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Hi, can i check if your wires are concealed behind the kitchen? If not how they 'paste' the cabinet over the protruding wire casing? Do you mind taking photo to show me?

Thank you very much!

Hi, can i check if your wires are concealed behind the kitchen? If not how they 'paste' the cabinet over the protruding wire casing? Do you mind taking photo to show me?

Thank you very much!

I'm not very sure as I wasn't around when they were installing but I believe from what I saw they and grooves to accomodate the casing. Hope that helps!