Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Do you have a picture of the digital lock on your gate?

I saw one of neighbours had it installed but it was an extra panel installed to the gate and not above the handle of the gate itself.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My turn to tap on your research now. So with the same Samsung tag key we can unlock the Yale gate lock as well ? Because I am going gateless for a start just to see how it will work out but would like to know a back up option.

Finally, we also received our lock and went down to AN digital to check out gate locks... Really no point digital locking the main door and leaving the gate without and we needed people with experience to recommend. Also we wanted to see the products for ourselves. We left with a Yale one as they said the RFID for the locks work on the same frequency as our Samsung's RFID so the same card can be used to open both doors. For convenience sake, we topped up for installation of the one we already bought.

851322246_51699_135796513640101553_zpsnc

851334317_68335_13675114979919657467_zps

Edited by Luxexplorer

wah nice! :) i'm trying it out on peeka site but can't seem to find the domestic courier charges.. haha shall ask them. Thanks!!

Hi Lyn, I'm super in love with it! You have to chat with the seller then they will check how much it is to crate it (if you are worried about damage during shipping. I think not required since the things are quote hardy and well packaged based on my purchase) and send it to the local peeka warehouse that you need to send it to.

Hi Changbp, I haven't installed it yet. that will be this Sunday! I'll take a photo so check back next week. It depends on the model you choose. We picked the one where the handle will be taken off and the digital lock installed over it. Other models they will make a panel and leave the handle for the gate as it is.

Do you have a picture of the digital lock on your gate?

I saw one of neighbours had it installed but it was an extra panel installed to the gate and not above the handle of the gate itself.

Lux! What I got I learn from you :) The AN digital lock people and Mr Lim whom you recommended said the same thing to me. Basically, RFID works based on frequency. Both locks use the same frequency sensors so doesn't matter which brand (Yale or Samsung) you use both locks will respond to the same tags.

My turn to tapped on your research now. So with the same Samsung tag key we can unlock the Yale gatr lock lock ad well ? Because I am going gate less for a start just to see how it will work out but would like to know a back up option.

Finally, we also received our lock and went down to AN digital to check out gate locks... Really no point digital locking the main door and leaving the gate without and we needed people with experience to recommend. Also we wanted to see the products for ourselves. We left with a Yale one as they said the RFID for the locks work on the same frequency as our Samsung's RFID so the same card can be used to open both doors. For convenience sake, we topped up for installation of the one we already bought.

It's just a waiting game now. Everything has been cleaned up and we're just waiting for our IDs to fix up all our remaining furniture and put it all in place for us.

We've now got our digital door lock fixed up!

Took us about an hour yesterday for both the gate and the main door... The AN digital lock installer did a great job in teaching us how to set the pins etc... Though he did scare us about buying locks online saying a lot of the times the locks do not work after connecting. Phew ours work!!

Here's some photos! I'm so pleased! :D

IMG_6234_zpsyyafdplb.jpg

IMG_6235_zpszv9xteuf.jpg

Sapphire89, the locks are looking good :)

Usually they will always try to scare consumers into this mentality so that we will buy from them instead of online which is almost half the price.

Of course true enough that not all.online purchase turn out favourable but I think that's when reviews come in very useful.

I always try my best to give an accurate review to help other consumers just like others who have helped me.

Your light at the end of the tunnel is very close

Edited by Luxexplorer

Sapphire89, the locks are looking good :)

Usually they will always try to scare consumers into this mentality so that we will buy from them instead of online which is almost half the price.

Of course true enough that not all.online purchase turn out favourable but I think that's when reviews come in very useful.

I always try my best to give an accurate review to help other consumers just like others who have helped me.

Your light at the end of the tunnel is very close

I know right? Anyway the contractors going into do some touch up managed to trigger the lock alarms! Haha. Poor them and me who had to go down to sort it out!

Apparently the installer is a subcontractor so he actually has not much interest in the sale of the locks. But I agree they would all rather you buy in SG. But $999 v $367 of course we know which one we choose right Lux? Thanks for the link max!!

Your digital locks are super nice! Can I have the link to the locks please?

I'm borrowing from Luxe's post so must credit :)

Link: http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SAMSUNG-TODAY-ONLY-1DAY-BIG-SALE-SAMSUNG/413847706?selectedOptions=;;

Locksmith - Mr Lim - 8297 6087

I bought additional tags and topped up for the push to enter pull to exit model so it's slightly more ex than list price. Took about 5 working days to deliver. 2 days in Korea for Fedex to pick up from Busan 1 day for Fedex to prep for delivery to SG from Korea 1 day to get here and 1 day to deliver.

I bought the Yale one from AN digital locks and topped up to get their installer to install the Samsung one for me too.

Edited by sapphire89

The samsung digital lock poison from Lux and you is getting stronger hahahaha really itchy to start buying :no:

Sapphire, do you mind to PM me you contractor contact and quotation please ? TIA

Edited by pankponk

Haha.. didn't know it's so fun to do shopping poison :) but seriously I think this is what is great about this reno t blog , good or bad we share and thata how we learn and also minimise headaches for new comers.

The samsung digital lock poison from Lux and you is getting stronger hahahaha really itchy to start buying :no:

Sapphire, do you mind to PM me you contractor contact and quotation please ? TIA

Hi Sapphire! Love your reno and TB purchases! Do you mind please PM me your ID contact and quotation? Thanks and Happy new year!

I think it's like an antidote to carrying keys! Not poisonous at all. It's good that like 3 of us on this forum have tried this link already so we know the product works well and is a real deal! Go buy it :D

I'll PM you the final breakdown of my costs for each component soon once I can find it but will get you the contact details first! :)

Haha.. didn't know it's so fun to do shopping poison :) but seriously I think this is what is great about this reno t blog , good or bad we share and thata how we learn and also minimise headaches for new comers.

I think so too! I just love the new lock!! Good to poison a few more like minded people! :P

On 2/15/2016 at 10:42 AM, sapphire89 said:

I think it's like an antidote to carrying keys! Not poisonous at all. It's good that like 3 of us on this forum have tried this link already so we know the product works well and is a real deal! Go buy it :D

I'll PM you the final breakdown of my costs for each component soon once I can find it but will get you the contact details first! :)

Hi, Lux and Sapphire,

After reading both of your lock experience, I think I also felt safe to get this P910 from qoo10 but I couldn't find this model in SG to compare with.  The shops here selling P718 @$999.  May I know the lock for the gate where Sapphire got from AN Digital, what is the price and what is the price that they charged your to install both P910 and the gate lock?  After the installer sync for you, can you use 1 rfid to open both locks?

I just try out the cost in qoo10, even there is a time sale of $339.90 + $49 (Push from Outside), without any option keys, is already $388.90.  :wacko::wacko:

Can I have the contact of your contractor as well?