Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/18/2016 at 11:35 AM, Changbp said:

I have the same Samsung lock too. So how is the gate handle hole covered up with?

I'm interested of doing this too. Though I would really want one with fingerprint (or retina scan if there is one) as I have a habit of losing my keys. Right now my metal gate is using those number padlock.

The gate handle is covered up by a black sticker like thing that you can see. That used to hold the handle that came with the gate from HDB. They drilled the gate a little to install the gate lock. 

On 3/18/2016 at 5:10 PM, keltan8 said:

Hi Sapphire, so u bought digital lock online or from An ?

can u PM ur ID contact

thanks !

Hi Kel, i bought the main door one online and the gate one from AN. I just walked into the shop for AN so I don't have a contact person. 

9 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Lovely colour combi for your kitchen! And the huge island is so dreamy :wub:

Awaiting more pics of your decorated home! Hehe

Thanks for the kind words. We actually bought a load of stuff for the house from IKEA over the weekend so it looks a little homey. Not there yet but will share soon. I'm probably going to TB stuff over the next couple of months. 

Hi Sapphire,

1) Kindly PM your reno contact

2)As for the digital lock on the main door, wonder can ur door auto close when u leave the house or u still need to manual close it fully ?

3)can u specify what do u mean by pushing the gate to open ?? i tot gate is pull open ??

4)so u are actually using card to open the gate ? not by fingerprint ?

i really paisay to ask so many questions ...

Thank you and your kitchen really look good ... can i also know just the cost for that ?

17 hours ago, keltan8 said:

Hi Sapphire,

1) Kindly PM your reno contact

2)As for the digital lock on the main door, wonder can ur door auto close when u leave the house or u still need to manual close it fully ?

3)can u specify what do u mean by pushing the gate to open ?? i tot gate is pull open ??

4)so u are actually using card to open the gate ? not by fingerprint ?

i really paisay to ask so many questions ...

Thank you and your kitchen really look good ... can i also know just the cost for that ?

Hi Kel, I've sent you the contacts! :) 

I've also installed a uni-arm that holds the door open and soft closes the door behind me when I leave the house. 

Pushing the gate open from inside.. Pull open from outside~ :D Sorry I've confused you!

For the gate, it's code and the card and for the main door you can use the code/card/fingerprint.

Approximately, we've spent $14k on the kitchen. The appliances cost us $3k (hob/hood/fridge). We had free gifts from LG as well so that has lowered the cost (rice cooker/airfyer/electric kettle). 

Hope this helps!

Edited by sapphire89

It's time to start decorating and I've started to buy TB stuff slowly. 

Here's some of the stuff that I've bought today! 

Doorbell_zpskvjqnv5s.jpg

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=40006407940&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.jJJUf7&_u=n2gea0nd08b6 - Thanks Kara for recommending the brand! Lux I try alr then tell you~ 

Cushions

Cushions%202_zpsv4j8pih0.jpg

Cushions%201_zpsn5zvzitz.jpg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.jJJUf7&id=524891577796&_u=n2gea0nd91a4

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=44607755757&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.jJJUf7&_u=n2gea0nd0b88

Throw - everytime I ask the CFO to let me buy a throw he goes "I throw you ahhh.." T.T Anyway, I just bought it anyway!

Pink%20throw_zpswu7tupzr.jpg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.jJJUf7&id=45655543884&_u=n2gea0nd4998

And finally, tissue boxes!

Tissue%20holders_zpsjribfywb.jpg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.jJJUf7&id=523930848405&_u=n2gea0nd469a

On 24/11/2015 at 9:05 AM, sapphire89 said:

I went ceiling fan shopping at Phylux on Saturday afternoon so that I could get another item off my mind....

I went for this Taiwan Aero DC fan in the end... I was only there to test the power of it since I liked the look of it in the pictures... The aerodynamics and aesthetics combined caused me to make my decision on the spot! The areas to test the fan was big but even then I could feel the power of the wind and I think that's a good fan in my opinion. Apparently it also "sucks" the air upwards and can reverse the flow of the wind? It's something the sales person described as good for people whom cannot blow fan directly? I suppose more for sensitive nose ppl and young children.

Ceiling%20Fan_zps6cq07msq.png

I went TB shopping in the morning. Almost $1k gone like that. TB is addictive... I'm now filling my wallet with decorative objects, sofa cushions and other scandi knick knacks, considering furniture and lights are settled. Nearing the move in date I will go and check them out and ship them in again.

Stuff that I've bought!

1.8m sold wood top dining table - lesson learnt! should have ordered this 5 days before all other stuff. everything has arrived in the warehouse but this! OMG! Lucky got 9 days buffer before need to add daily charge.

Dining%20Table_zps0hl3zgnv.jpg

Pendant lamp for above the dining table -

Dining%20Pendant_zpsfqcma3xj.jpg

Replica Eames Dining Chairs

Eames%20dining%20chairs_zps4xdsw7yw.jpg

Master Bedroom Pendant Lamps to frame the bedside

Bedroom%20pendant_zpstrcedgc9.jpg

Island top Pendant lights -

Bar%20top%20pendants_zpsrnopayhm.jpg

3 Barstools

Barstools_zpsl2gzp42e.jpg

Now popi popi everything comes alright! And the dining table ships before my 9 days in the warehouse is up!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Hi,

can i check what do you need in order to order stuff from TB?

Pardon me asking as I have never done that before.

TIA

On 4/1/2016 at 11:47 AM, saikofreakAP said:

Hi,

can i check what do you need in order to order stuff from TB?

Pardon me asking as I have never done that before.

TIA

Hihi! 

Basically, there's different ways you can get your stuff from TB but mainly it depends on your ability to communicate with the sellers in chinese. If you can do the ordering yourself without help, then depends on the size of the goods that you're trying to purchase. If you can't then you'll have to use agents who do assisted purchases. I don't know the breakdown but you can read around the forums if you go down that line. TB provides direct shipping but it is priced by weight so if you are ordering small light items in large quantities then that's the way to go. When I use direct shipping from TB, I always use 4PX as I can collect them from a POPStation that's convenient. 

For my huge furniture like my dining table, lights and chairs, I used a local shipping company. Basically, set an account up with them and directed all my purchases to their Guangzhou warehouse. They are not agents and they do not check the quality of the packages and just send them on direct to the address you specify. Price is by cubic meters of your packaging. If you're willing to take the risk for your purchases, I think this is the most cost effective method of shipping. 

Hope this helps as a start!

13 hours ago, sapphire89 said:

Hihi! 

Basically, there's different ways you can get your stuff from TB but mainly it depends on your ability to communicate with the sellers in chinese. If you can do the ordering yourself without help, then depends on the size of the goods that you're trying to purchase. If you can't then you'll have to use agents who do assisted purchases. I don't know the breakdown but you can read around the forums if you go down that line. TB provides direct shipping but it is priced by weight so if you are ordering small light items in large quantities then that's the way to go. When I use direct shipping from TB, I always use 4PX as I can collect them from a POPStation that's convenient. 

For my huge furniture like my dining table, lights and chairs, I used a local shipping company. Basically, set an account up with them and directed all my purchases to their Guangzhou warehouse. They are not agents and they do not check the quality of the packages and just send them on direct to the address you specify. Price is by cubic meters of your packaging. If you're willing to take the risk for your purchases, I think this is the most cost effective method of shipping. 

Hope this helps as a start!

thank you.will go explore.

On 3/17/2016 at 2:19 AM, Changbp said:

Looks real sleek. Erm... but what happen to the handle? Don't need one?

The digital lock from qoo10, is it easily programmable and comes in english?

Edited by koxxic

7 hours ago, koxxic said:

The digital lock from qoo10, is it easily programmable and comes in english?

Hi koxxic, the lock is a korean local market product so it's in korean but there's nothing on the lock that requires language to operate. They send you an ecopy of the manual in english as well. Very easily programmable and the person that you ask to install can easily teach you how to use it. Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, saikofreakAP said:

thank you.will go explore.

No problems!! Hope you find what you need :)

My next batch of TB items have arrive and I'm amazed by the quality. They've not cheap but by Singapore standards they'd be more expensive if bought in stores here. 

First! My digital peephole with doorbell~ We tested this over the weekend and works like a charm... We had a small problem with the installation cause the screws they gave were all too long for my door. New doors are not thick so I had to hunt in a neighbourhood hardware store to find the right screws for installation. Love it though. It has a do not disturb function which turns off the doorbell in the night (manually set before you sleep though) and also the best feature is that it has a motion sensor function and records like people loitering outside the house. 

IMG_6437_zpshgax6it8.jpg

IMG_6435_zpsmq6agiim.jpg

IMG_6433_zpsyly5wogi.jpg

IMG_6435_zpsmq6agiim.jpgI've bought like 3 of these tissue boxes and they look amazing with the decor. My side table here and study table have grains that match~

IMG_6424_zpsoqo8i046.jpg

Finally my throws and cushions~ the cushions feel soft to touch... the cable knit ones are my fav.... the colourful ones have a suede feel to it and very comfortable to touch... 

IMG_6423_zps1pcuup4q.jpg

IMG_6421_zpseulwsgun.jpg

IMG_6419_zpsl0ls6vhq.jpg

IMG_6418_zpsnjejuit7.jpg

Going to spend more of my money now~ Ta!

Edited by sapphire89
images not showing properly

Guest brrrando

Hey Sapphira! Your kitchen and that island... WOW! Is it ok if I pin them? 

Cheers!

On 4/11/2016 at 11:56 AM, brrrando said:

Hey Sapphira! Your kitchen and that island... WOW! Is it ok if I pin them? 

Cheers!

Hihi~ no problems! Glad you like it enough for a pin <3