Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 3/9/2016 at 9:19 AM, sapphire89 said:

It's very windy at my place too from the limited times I've been up there... The wind messes with the fan and you don't really feel it. I might have to try the reverse mode for the fan and see if it works better when it is windy. The island itself is very tall and I'm going to have to get a step ladder thingy for my mum and sis when they decide they want to come over and bake. But my neighbours who signed the same ID said they concluded we're like bakers who needed the space to decorate cakes... They were stunned by how young we were :D

Your "no gate" is looking amazing please. Now I wonder why I have gate. I still think the yale one that I got was too ex but in SG they're all standard price so oh well! Will go get a digital peephole soon so that can catch any movements outside the house.

Hey! I am also doing some research on the digital peepholes so do share once you have decided on something. I am quite halfhearted on this so not able to make a decision.

So you are a baker? like a real baker who bakes for sale? If you are, do advertise here I am sure lots of kakis will be keen.hehe

On 3/9/2016 at 2:36 PM, Rynaed said:

I so love your library!  What a great use of the recessed wall too.

Thank you! I wish the recess a bit bigger so that I can fit one more small unit of the HEMNES though! But at least I've got a plug there so I can put a standing lamp in that corner.

21 hours ago, Luxexplorer said:

Hey! I am also doing some research on the digital peepholes so do share once you have decided on something. I am quite halfhearted on this so not able to make a decision.

So you are a baker? like a real baker who bakes for sale? If you are, do advertise here I am sure lots of kakis will be keen.hehe

I also doing it half heartedly! Will let you know if got good lobang... Thinking of the motion sensor kind so that it will record if anyone loiters outside the house. 

I'm not a professional baker though~ But that will be like my back up occupation now :P

On 17/09/2015 at 4:30 PM, v4xystar said:

Hi Sapphire,

Wow, I'm really excited about your reno project after seeing the reference picture. I was like you taken in by the nordic, scandinavian design because I love the big airy white space and using of wood etc to add texture and color to the space.

Can see that you already have the design direction so it will be much easier to articulate it with your ID. After discussing with your ID on the color and design of your space, next will be the choosing of the furniture, lighting etc which are suitable to your theme and all these are the minor details which will either compliment or bring down your theme. Stay true to your nordic, scandinavian design and I'm sure the end result will be a beautiful home.

For TV, I go for Sony because I felt that the projected colors are more natural while Samsung colors are over saturated. For a 5 room living room, i think 55 inch will be ideal size. :)

hi v4xystar, how about what tv size to use for 4 room same layout as sapphire ?

On 3/11/2016 at 0:39 PM, babymonsta said:

hi there! 

your house looks really good! would you mind sharing your contractors contact?

thanks!

hihi! babymonsta I've sent you the contact :D

On 3/11/2016 at 1:23 PM, keltan8 said:

hi v4xystar, how about what tv size to use for 4 room same layout as sapphire ?

Hi keltan8, 

I think that's a good size for a 4 room too. I'm actually going for 49' to 50' as my sofa is in the middle of the entire living room. This narrow downs the space so it's going to be about the same as a 4 room. 

4 hours ago, sapphire89 said:

Hi keltan8, 

I think that's a good size for a 4 room too. I'm actually going for 49' to 50' as my sofa is in the middle of the entire living room. This narrow downs the space so it's going to be about the same as a 4 room. 

hi sapphire, appreciate it !

xie xie ni

On 02/11/2015 at 9:55 AM, sapphire89 said:

Washer Dryer - 9/6KG INVERTER DIRECT DRIVE WASHER DRYER F1409DPRW

We were originally going to go for the Samsung one but got convinced to get this one mainly cause of the steam technology and direct drive motors. Also cause this one is Made in Korea!

Washer%20Dryer_zpsb9ky7e2s.jpg

I think my house going to be filled with LG stuff already... Anyone has any reviews on LG products? I've had their plasma TV for nearly 10 years already and it's still in perfect working condition and the fiance's used their washing machines for a very long time alr!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Hi Sapphire, is this Washer Dryer is a washing machine cum got drying function ? meaning it will dry the cloth during every wash ? or we on the dryer when we want to use ?

sorry for being green 

On 03/11/2015 at 5:33 PM, sapphire89 said:

Did the sofas pass the butt test?? I'm looking at the Tana or Corla one... Just need to know if it feels good!

hi sapphire, is it true that this type of fabric sofa so called butt wont feel hot after long sitting ?

On 1 February 2016 at 8:25 AM, sapphire89 said:

It's just a waiting game now. Everything has been cleaned up and we're just waiting for our IDs to fix up all our remaining furniture and put it all in place for us.

We've now got our digital door lock fixed up!

Took us about an hour yesterday for both the gate and the main door... The AN digital lock installer did a great job in teaching us how to set the pins etc... Though he did scare us about buying locks online saying a lot of the times the locks do not work after connecting. Phew ours work!!

Here's some photos! I'm so pleased! :D

IMG_6235_zpszv9xteuf.jpg

Looks real sleek. Erm... but what happen to the handle? Don't need one?

19 hours ago, keltan8 said:

Hi Sapphire, is this Washer Dryer is a washing machine cum got drying function ? meaning it will dry the cloth during every wash ? or we on the dryer when we want to use ?

sorry for being green 

Hi Kel! No worries at all! 

Yup it's a washing machine with a drying function. When you buy such combo machines, the functions will not be the best is you compare to getting a pure washing machine and a separate dryer. But since it's the 2 of us there probably isn't much to wash so we won't hit max load on the washer dryer which means it works pretty effective for me. 

18 hours ago, keltan8 said:

hi sapphire, is it true that this type of fabric sofa so called butt wont feel hot after long sitting ?

Ohh... I think it depends on what you're comfortable with some people think it traps heat some don't. I honestly don't feel it cause I've used fabric sofas since I was young. My fiance on the other hand wanted leather but I did win in the end! I feel like if it's warm seating on leather eventually makes you warmer as like the sweat makes the sofa a little sticky... But then if you think another way the fabric sofa actually is absorbing your sweat.. Eww... I need more Febreeze... :S

8 hours ago, Changbp said:

Looks real sleek. Erm... but what happen to the handle? Don't need one?

Don't need handle. Once unlock just push open only. Very slick and convenient. Reaction time cannot beat the samsung one though. 

I have the same Samsung lock too. So how is the gate handle hole covered up with?

I'm interested of doing this too. Though I would really want one with fingerprint (or retina scan if there is one) as I have a habit of losing my keys. Right now my metal gate is using those number padlock.