Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Eh! Daiso is my best friend. Just buy extendable portable racks that go in shelf areas to maximize space. So this is extra!

Honestly, hubby and I don't have much things.. I sacrificed vanity for a bathtub for my MBR toilet... So I just have a hanging sink.

With the storeroom space available we are already quite well set! Haha. So don't rly need that much storage for bathrooms...

We do have glass shelves and stainless steel towel racks though. Hha.

I was thinking what I want to put in the bathroom then I realised it's true... there really is nothing much that needs to be put in there that can't be stored in the storeroom... Moreover with just the 2 of us I doubt we have that much toiletries too right? :D

If and when your pipes leak (over time or bad installation), hard to spot or even notice. By the time u notice maybe alre quite soaked.

I think that's what he told me la. He just say best to have open shelves there and he's always been right when it comes to practicality so I just follow lor.

Actually the main reason is the carpentry work. There is a discharge pipe from sink that goes straight down to floor.

This hinders the construction of drawers. Then with water pipes, it is always better to leave an open space around for inspection or future replacement.

Same goes with the kitchen sink and hob.

Haha! True! and it's probably easier for them to repair the pipes without the drawers in the way I suppose! I do love the look of the drawers though! Dilemma!! :S

our kitchen design is gorgeous! :wub: can't wait to see them come to live!

Thank you!!! I can't wait to see it too! :thumbs up:

Colour wise is kinda dark but you can simply just change the laminate.

Main issue here, as mentioned by others, the cabinet must be wall hung and not sit on the floor. Cater for future washing and splashing.

Round sink is nice but rectangle types fit well too.

The benefit of rectangle sink is that the tap can be mounted on the sink, so any dripping will be into the sink and not around.

Also less "blind spot" area to clean. eg behind the sink

Also, if you shop around, the "sit on sink" tap is always cheaper than the "tall" tap base on same design. Diff can be as much as $50.

I also thought it might be the colours too so I asked the ID to invert the colours to a lighter colour and use the darker colour as trimmings like the laminates in my kitchen...

That being said, I don't think I shared the images of my laminates yet so I'll do that soon! :sport-smiley-018:

The sink we haven't go and source so that's just a default that the ID's drafter put in... Though my fiance's against rectangle flat sinks as he thinks like residues will get "stuck" on the sink and very difficult to wash it down from the side...

hey we have the same floor design, cck?

can pm me your ID's contact details? thanks :)

Nope! Mine in Tampines. I've sent to you :)

Edited by sapphire89

The mirror cabinet should be enough for your toiletries. Get the biggest that can fit the space.

For the under sink vanity storage, you can remove the drawers if you need to do maintenance of the pipes behind. It's a very occurrence though.

The mirror cabinet should be enough for your toiletries. Get the biggest that can fit the space.

For the under sink vanity storage, you can remove the drawers if you need to do maintenance of the pipes behind. It's a very occurrence though.

I wonder if it's too much trouble for the carpenter to cut the drawers around the pipes though? Hmm...

Can you please share the dimensions of your double sided wardrobe? and how wide is that vanity corridor?

I recall them saying it's the same as 2 standard width wardrobes which I believe would make it 1.2m width... Not sure the length but we are leaving a 0.9m-1m walk way to the bed area... The vanity corridor we are leaving about 0.8 to 0.9m which will leave about 3.2m which will be just nice for a queen bed and 2 small bedside tables... I would never have believed everything would fit if we didn't bring the measuring tape into the room!

Your design inspiration is what I would love to have if I didn't have a man (ie. husband) living with me hahaha. He loves a more masculine look so for our reno and finds the scandi look too feminine and soft. We compromised by having an industrial theme while I had free reign over the furnishings so I chose scandi-inspired and more light colour palettes for the furnishings. Looking forward to more updates!

Your design inspiration is what I would love to have if I didn't have a man (ie. husband) living with me hahaha. He loves a more masculine look so for our reno and finds the scandi look too feminine and soft. We compromised by having an industrial theme while I had free reign over the furnishings so I chose scandi-inspired and more light colour palettes for the furnishings. Looking forward to more updates!

Hihi! Totally can understand how you feel! But compromise is the key to all this madness! Haha! I do love the look that you've managed to achieve! I've seen pretty scandi inspired homes with strong colours like teal on the wall which the totally exudes masculinity yet keep the scandi feel to the house too! Looking forward to your updates as well! Your kitchen is like a dream come true :thumbs up:

I wonder if it's too much trouble for the carpenter to cut the drawers around the pipes though? Hmm...

I recall them saying it's the same as 2 standard width wardrobes which I believe would make it 1.2m width... Not sure the length but we are leaving a 0.9m-1m walk way to the bed area... The vanity corridor we are leaving about 0.8 to 0.9m which will leave about 3.2m which will be just nice for a queen bed and 2 small bedside tables... I would never have believed everything would fit if we didn't bring the measuring tape into the room!

thank you! according to floor plan my room is slightly shorter than yours and we're looking at a king bed, so will wait and see if it will all fit!

May have to go with my preferred plan of using the MBR as a Walk in wardrobe / study, and have our bed in another room ;p

thank you! according to floor plan my room is slightly shorter than yours and we're looking at a king bed, so will wait and see if it will all fit!

May have to go with my preferred plan of using the MBR as a Walk in wardrobe / study, and have our bed in another room ;p

Ahh! I think if you done have bedside tables you might still be able to manage... So you taking down the walls between the rooms then?

Ahh! I think if you done have bedside tables you might still be able to manage... So you taking down the walls between the rooms then?

nope! my MBR and my 2 other bedrooms are across the corridor! so no common walls to hack.

that's why the boy not very keen on my plan.

When i start shortlisting and talking to IDs and contractors, i'll probably pick their brains on how to configure the rooms

nope! my MBR and my 2 other bedrooms are across the corridor! so no common walls to hack.

that's why the boy not very keen on my plan.

When i start shortlisting and talking to IDs and contractors, i'll probably pick their brains on how to configure the rooms

I cannot visualise it! You got floorplan? Hahah!

finally figured out how to post pictures..

Good practice for when you have a blog :D one way you can do it is take down the walls with the doors to both rooms and do a new wall to join the rooms.... then you'll have a really big and long room!

I realised I never formally blogged about the laminate choices that me and the fiance made.

We took about 1 hour in all which I think is a major achievement considering all the 3 hours meetings I see some of you guys have had! The ID say we very decisive. Hahah! I think it was easy for us because we both had the vision of white for the main carpentry and wood for the trimmings and the 3D images have proved us right!

But even though I say that right... Truth is white wood grain laminates also got a lot ok?

So we developed a system.... I pick 2 or 3 that I felt fitted the style we were going for then the fiance decide the final choice...

So here we go!

Kitchen carpentry

Main laminate

Kitchen%20Carpentry%20laminate_zpsgxjrsp

Trimming

Kitchen%20Trimming_zps1ntq1c5a.jpg

Backsplash

Admira%20Cerarl_zpsmsbuzqi3.jpg

Countertop

Kitchen%20Countertop_zpsivhhxmhr.jpg

Wardrobe

Main Laminate

Wardrobe%20laminate_zpsym19qpoq.jpg

Internal PVC

Wardrobe%20Internal%20PVC_zpsnfnziz8x.jp

Master Bathroom

Remember the ugly carpenty... I've decided to invert the colours for me laminates so the main and trimming colours are flipped.

Main Laminate

Toilet%20trimming%20change%20to%20lamina

Trimming

Toilet%20Laminate%20change%20to%20trimmi

Counter Top

Toilet%20Countertop_zpsx43rqkcm.jpg

That's all for now folks!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Well, nothing's happening on the reno to update at the moment so I've been MIA for so long....

We finally started our appliances sourcing and here's our shortlisted models for our fridge, washer/dryer and also our TV... We're trying to spend no more than $1,500 on each so these models fit perfectly into our criteria. With the HN's sales uncle's intro at Suntec I'm convinced and so is the fiance after I brought he down to see the models! I work in Suntec so it's so much easier to just go here and look see, see look... Uncle even recognises me already. [sorry uncle we indecisive so never buy from you yet!!]

We also went to Courts to compare price and one thing we've noticed is that the service standards are vastly different!! Has anyone felt that the Courts staff are more aloof? It's like they cannot be bothered to make their service more personal and instead appear to be "if you want to buy come talk to me, if you come talk to me the price there is there and I cannot help you"? Whereas, my experience at HN was much better and the pricing was the same?? I'm going to go to GC at Marina Square at lunch later to check the price of the same models out. Anyone's got other places to recommend I go see appliances?

Here are the models that we've shortlisted!

Fridge - LG GT-M5091PZ - 507L

This was the most convincing pitch I've ever had! The uncle actually compared like Samsung and LG for me and I originally thought maybe cause the Samsung one the model cheap so not as good but I realised the points he highlighted was also vaild for the expensive models! Most important point is that the "blower" vents inside the fridge that improves circulation! There's much lesser vents in Samsung fridges compared to LG ones and also the shelves are what the uncle calls anti spill or something? The freezers are larger than the equivalent Samsung ones as well. There are also other small points that I cannot remember but we are convinced that LG's the better one!

Fridge_zpsrhjna0j7.jpg

Washer Dryer - 9/6KG INVERTER DIRECT DRIVE WASHER DRYER F1409DPRW

We were originally going to go for the Samsung one but got convinced to get this one mainly cause of the steam technology and direct drive motors. Also cause this one is Made in Korea!

Washer%20Dryer_zpsb9ky7e2s.jpg

TV - LG 49 INCH ULTRA HD 3D SMART TV

Our criteria for TVs very simple 49-55 in TV at under $1,500.

TV_zpssmdpbyib.jpg

I think my house going to be filled with LG stuff already... Anyone has any reviews on LG products? I've had their plasma TV for nearly 10 years already and it's still in perfect working condition and the fiance's used their washing machines for a very long time alr!

XOXO,

Sapphira