Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

HELLO FELLOW RENOTALK USERS!

STAND A CHANCE to win $100 CASH VOUCHER by participating in RENOTALK'S PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD!

All you need to do is sign in & vote for ONE of your favorite renovation design! ONE lucky winner will be chosen from the MOST popular project!

Valid from 2nd November 2015 - 15th November 2015.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought all my major electrical appliances from Gain City. They seem to offer better prices compared to other major stores (unless you go to those expo sales). Bought the fridge, TV and washing machine in Feb 2015.

Living Room TV: Samsung 65in Curved TV (Samsung had some promo during that time. Free 40in TV, which I used in my bedroom)

HU8550-front_zpsqkovahuy.jpg
Washing Machine: LG Front Load 9kg (WD-14A8FDS5)
LG%20Washing%20Machine_zpsg8t8p2v6.jpg
Fridge: Hitachi (R-D5000S) (it is made in Japan!)
r-e5000s_zpsy5xdszoy.jpg
Gain City has this Family Card membership. They signed me up for it and collected points. Used the points to off set the sound bar I bought.
Sound bar: Samsung curved sound bar (HW-J8501)
sg_HW-J8501-XS_004_Front-Set_silver_zps3
Free Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player with the sound bar.
Edited by kaisermisaki

Really armour-proof and so safe... fits the cave theme.. nice =)

LOL that's kinda funny!

Anyway there was another design which looked nicer but a lot more complicated that the current gate. I actually liked that a lot. However, the contractor wasn't able to fabricate that design and my ID found this current design online and we decided to go with it.

It is quite nice. I like it a lot!

More photos.

The entrance to my home. As I mentioned, I moved the main entrance to the flat out. Fabricated a shoe cabinet at the space.

Shoe%20Cabinet_zpslbnlbzzl.jpg
I also customised a small seat beside the shoe cabinet.
Main%20door%20seat_zpsqal45rai.jpg
Laminate of the doors of the cabinet is from Lamitak. The code for the laminate is in the photo.
Shoe%20Cabinet%20Laminate_zps5kcxqodw.jp
Edited by kaisermisaki

Ooh! We are aiming for the same Hitachi fridge! Any reviews on how is it so far? :D

Hey!

The fridge is great! Nice size for me. It is made in Japan, and of course more expensive than others. I think there is a newer model out now. Exact same design but uses lesser electricity.

My family has always used similar design fridges. Mitsubishi also makes fridges of similar design. Love the ice making compartment!

Hi kaisermisaki!

Thanks for the quick review! We are also aiming for it because it's made in Japan (but it has 3 ticks so we're hoping some of the electricity savings can offset it over time). Also love the multi-door because it's more functional for us! Can't wait till we can get it!

Hi kaisermisaki!

Thanks for the quick review! We are also aiming for it because it's made in Japan (but it has 3 ticks so we're hoping some of the electricity savings can offset it over time). Also love the multi-door because it's more functional for us! Can't wait till we can get it!

yeah do get it! No regrets here!

Gate looks really nice. How much does that cost?

And what is the model of the digital lock? I like its minimalistic look.

Hello!

The gate cost about $1,100. Then again it is a fee from the ID. I believe if you go direct to a contractor you will get a cheaper price. ID always quote higher.

As for the digital lock, both gate and main door are from Yale. Gate is YDR323G and main door is YDM3109. Bought both as a package at Home Fix Marina Sq. Came with installation of course.

So this are photos of my living and dining room. If you can see from the floor plan, there is a store room on the right side of the dining room (if you face the dining room). The previous owner had hacked that away, and I didn't want to reinstate it back. This gives me more space to place a dining table there.

I have yet to furnish the entire place. Will take me some time to do so. For eg. the wall below the clock and side the TV console. I am thinking of placing something there. Not sure what it is yet. Perhaps will buy some art pieces. Will go to Affordable Art Fair this month to take a look. I didn't want to put any more furniture there, as it may feel a bit cluttered.

I didn't want any feature wall. Wanted it to be more of a clean look and ease of maintenance. I also didn't want any fancy lights. So keeping it simple.

Living%20and%20Dining%201_zpspmfd5ctc.jp
Living%20and%20Dining%202_zpsbzfol5l9.jp
Ceiling fan is a black Haiku fan. Sofa is from Commune. French chairs are about 20 years old. I sent them to be refurbished to a silver. Fabric is from Goodrich. Side white marble table is from Comfort Design. Close up of the living room:
Living%20new%201_zpsf5ri9cer.jpg
Living%20new%202_zpsst7urtzu.jpg
Coffee tables are from 3 different places. The black table is from Grafunkt. The grey is from HomesToLife. The white is custom made.
Coffee%20Tables_zpsk3kuo70i.jpg
For dinning area, I only hung up 3 black and white photos. Idea is to buy more black and white photos and to hang them there; salon hang style. It is work in progress. The dining lights are made from black marble. Table is white marble.

Dining%20new%20_zpsclw32beo.jpg

Edited by kaisermisaki

Oh gosh really love your mismatched everything look! We're also intending to do something like mismatched dining chairs and some mismatched sofa+ottoman+armchairs but not as bold as this!