Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 1/6/2017 at 2:27 AM, wsketchpad said:

The wooden floor and the many2 plants really completed the whole earthy look imho! 

I can only imagine how much time you spend watering all the plants in your house!

Haha! My husband only waters them once a week, as we're careful not to overwater. Must pick plants that aren't high maintenance and are hardy, so it's not that bad!

Your house is super gorgeous!

Your layout is quite unique though! Didn't know that there are still these kinds of layouts!

Where are the photos of  your rooms and bathrooms? ;)

Edited by fi5hbone

hello!

I really love your whole earthy and bohemian feel, i am thinking of doing the same too! i am struggling to find the perfect navy cabinet for the kitchen too. can you advise which brand and which laminate did you choose? TIA! :)

Hi! Please share the contact of A and B? Thanks!

On 4/13/2016 at 4:39 PM, hellofromanotherside said:

Domo Arigato, Mr Contractor

Over the past few weeks we’ve been in discussion with a few contractors and nervously waiting for their quotes. We have a strict budget in mind (having spent that much on beautiful furniture *gulps* there isn’t much room for negotiation). I spoke to three:

• A is my ID’s regular contractor with whom she’s been working for most projects. I knew they were gonna be pricey but their carpentry is second to none. They also have company tshirts which is so cute but of cos no one cares about this but me.
  •  B is someone my brother engaged when he moved into his new home. I can attest to B’s workmanship because my brother’s house was featured on the front cover of Home & Décor! (Of cos, cannot say which issue heh) His forte is flooring and being very reasonably priced.
  •  C is a contractor my friend recommended. She is almost done with her renovation and loves how old-school this uncle is. The pattern I’m sensing is the good, reliable ones with years of experience are usually not very happening on social media haha.

So they returned with quotes, and my migraine also came back.

A: Came back to us in 3 days. But a good 12K over budget!!??!! I wanted to just curl up in a dusty corner and forget about this whole renovation. They broke down each and every item we were charged for, which can be a good and bad thing. Very transparent and professional, therefore also very expensive.

B: Took the longest to reply. But 6K under budget. Hooray! Then you realise he missed out a few items, so all in all it would’ve been 2K OVER budget. Wth man. Talk about false hope. But there were a few items that were definitely priced well, like flooring, hacking, general work.

C: Good with follow-ups. 3K under budget. Also left out many items and we knew it would bust the max we have again. The quotation felt a little slipshod =(

My ID came to the rescue and came up with an idea I didn’t even know was possible – we’ll use A for carpentry, and B for everything else. After simplifying our list and keeping only what’s really important, we’ve kept it within budget with some allowance. B has applied for the reno permit with HDB last week, and we’re told it should take around 3 – 5 working days. Woohoo!

Next up: I Am A Material Girl