Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello, thank you so much for reading! Apartment Therapy is actually a website that showcases real homes with smart, beautiful interior design. I'd say most of their homes have so much personality, life and creativity. I love how lived-in their photos look - so different from the showroom type of HDB homes we see here! So I thought I'd emulate that. All the best with your reno journey! It's starting soon, so exciting!

Apartment Therapy is indeed awesome! Twas also part of the reason why I photographed my house lived in, too. It just seemed more real that way. Just completed homes can look a bit sterile! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do share with us which dryer you end up with! We'd love to look at other brands, but because can only choose from the Samsung range, we got that particular one. Thank you for reading!

I am considering the fisher and parkel dryer. Heard it's not too bad and price is reasonable. But still exploring other possibilities too!

Making Light of the Issue

I know, it's crazy, we're buying these things before renovation even commences. I'm pretty sure we'll be super bored once it all starts, and we've no more furniture to buy. Haha! But since my husband and I are on a roll, we figured no harm looking at lights, right?

Those lights that you've chosen are really unique pieces. Wonderfully eyecatching, and a conversation starter for sure :wub:

Wow wow wow! So much new information! I'm totally like you, I want to do all my shopping now! I even know where I want to buy them and how much they are! But cannot ;_; because I can only collect my keys in March. Weep.

Haha so many similarities! We love Commune too but have a rounded-corner restriction on our furniture, so we will probably only get their dining table. So excited about your kitchen right now! Really hope to see it when it's done! Living vicariously through your blue kitchen!!

Haha! Looks like we're all living our dreams through hello's bohemian house :sport-smiley-004:

Love you light choice, the Tom Dixon really make me droll :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Agree with you, the new HN at Millenia Walk flagship store got lots of nice lamp and also home deco.

Btw who wanted to get designer lamp this you guys can take a look from this webpage https://www.scandinaviandesigncenter.com

I think they are giving free shipping, as much as I wanted to order the can lamp, but I am holding back till I move in.

Hey! Also echoing the request of fellow bloggers; please share where you bought the Tom Dixon hanging lamps for a lower price ?

Hi, love ur theme! Coincidentally, I'm also not gg for the industrial & Scandinavian theme and I'm having dark blue shaker cabinets & brass/gold handles with marble looking quartz!

Love your pairing of dark wood & gold too but unfortunately no dark wood for me though. I'm sure everything will turn out well for u!

Can I chk with you where did u get ur Tom Dixon copper light & how much? I'm trying to look for a rose gold or brass lights to place above my island & having a hard time looking for the right one. Thanks!

After reading this make me sad coz I also want a standalone hob + oven maybe should do my homework at HN... go there and talk" and do my retail therapy for the copper things :notti:

Horaayyy for the Tom Dixon light :jammin: For rose gold fans I think is a must ahahhaha... may I know how much you get for this light?

Hey! Also echoing the request of fellow bloggers; please share where you bought the Tom Dixon hanging lamps for a lower price ?

Hey guys, we got ours from nest.co.uk. The Tom Dixon copper light was going for around 300 euros (unfortunately, I think the sale has ended!) Compare that to the one at Xtra, which was over $1.4k for one light :jawdrop: I have no idea why it'd be so expensive in sg! I know Taobao has similar ones, but I can't vouch for their authenticity. Nest.co.uk only brings in originals, so you can be sure you're not getting the knock offs. Have fun!

Well, apart from the other clues that you left about the location and PCD, the 5+3 window panes combination in the living room is pretty rare! haha.

Yups, I got the DWK. Not that it matters though cos i'll be hacking off the kitchen walls. Can't wait for the **** keys to be ready. It's taking forever...

Yeah, we wanted the DWK too, but figured it's better to get the unit we want, and then just create our own DWK with the reno. I actually sneaked into one of the units over the wkend with my husband to see how the 5-room feels haha. Nubbad, living room is spacious! But the master bedroom........sigh.

Yeah, we wanted the DWK too, but figured it's better to get the unit we want, and then just create our own DWK with the reno. I actually sneaked into one of the units over the wkend with my husband to see how the 5-room feels haha. Nubbad, living room is spacious! But the master bedroom........sigh.

Are you planning to install air-con in the living room? I went to Gain City last weekend and I was informed that even a 24kBTU aircon unit would be insufficient to cool the living room. The sales person recommended that I install 2 units in the living room or not install any at all:(

Drawing Real Talent

Hi all! Been quiet for a while just patiently waiting for HDB to send us a letter to collect our keys...and still no news from them. Thankfully, most of our items can be stored by our respective brands, and we did tell them to hold on to the pieces till March. Our neighbours have contacted HDB, and they did say we'll get be notified by early Feb. Fingers crossed!

My husband and I have been meeting our ID, M, for initial sketches, and I gotta say, I was sooo blown away by her presentation. When we met her for the very first round of design, I was expecting maybe a rough sketch on how each living space would look like. And you know, with most IDs, they tend to have more of a sales background than an actual design one. But this M! I should've known, being a veteran with 20 years under her belt, that she'll pull off something really impressive. To us. It was probably just another day at work for her.

VLwNzj.jpg

The living room and dining area. Notice how the furniture pieces are the ones

we've already bought. So brilliant! We'll change the curtains to blinds entirely,

to make this look like one big space. I love that she took initiative and

had a few suggestions of her own. We've taken them into consideration,

so we'll see how that goes.

vsWPfj.jpg

What you see from the living room. The entryway will have a console/bench,

with some baskets below for shoes we often use. To the left is the shoe cabinet.

Our open kitchen is on the right, with some open shelving in the dry breakfast area.

Imagine the area is a dark, royal blue, with our marble countertop. Swoons!

DMFaOd.jpg

The kitchen. I love that she's smartly shifted the hob area to a corner,

to allow more prep space both left and right. HDB has allocated a space next

to the sink, which would've been quite tight.

Next up: Hello, Mr Contractor

Drawing Real Talent

Hi all! Been quiet for a while just patiently waiting for HDB to send us a letter to collect our keys...and still no news from them. Thankfully, most of our items can be stored by our respective brands, and we did tell them to hold on to the pieces till March. Our neighbours have contacted HDB, and they did say we'll get be notified by early Feb. Fingers crossed!

My husband and I have been meeting our ID, M, for initial sketches, and I gotta say, I was sooo blown away by her presentation. When we met her for the very first round of design, I was expecting maybe a rough sketch on how each living space would look like. And you know, with most IDs, they tend to have more of a sales background than an actual design one. But this M! I should've known, being a veteran with 20 years under her belt, that she'll pull off something really impressive. To us. It was probably just another day at work for her.

VLwNzj.jpg

we've already bought. So brilliant! We'll change the curtains to blinds entirely,

vsWPfj.jpg

with some baskets below for shoes we often use. To the left is the shoe cabinet.

Our open kitchen is on the right, with some open shelving in the dry breakfast area.

DMFaOd.jpg

SO SO LOVELY!! Can't wait to see your kitchen - dark blue and marble sounds absolutely delicious! ^^

The layout for your kitchen is super interesting!

Props to you guys for not sticking to the usual cookiecutter layout, and trying something unconventional and unique :jammin:

Drawing Real Talent

VLwNzj.jpg

vsWPfj.jpg

DMFaOd.jpg

Wow!! her drawing is awesome! like all the small details she has put in for u.. :good:

cant wait to see the transformation!!

Are you planning to install air-con in the living room? I went to Gain City last weekend and I was informed that even a 24kBTU aircon unit would be insufficient to cool the living room. The sales person recommended that I install 2 units in the living room or not install any at all:(

Whaat, serious? Hmm looks like we may have to do more research on the aircon then. Having an open kitchen doesn't help either. Gah!