Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hello and welcome to the crazy world of renovation!! love your theme. it's unique and if only i weren't so lazy (and probably had a bit more $$!), i'd go with similar tones and furniture. hehehe. looking forward to the start of your renovation and all the updates! :D

Hello and thank you for reading! All the best with your reno journey =D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Heello from this side! :)

Your boho look is so comfy-cosy! Looking forward to more updates!

Y'know, I have always loved the look of a standalone hob-oven. thought it'll be prefect for your theme and was kinda hoping you'd go for it! Any reason why you picked build-ins instead?

Thank you! It's funny you asked that. When we were at parisilk we saw this really gorgeous standalone hob + oven. But it had like 7 burners?? Super bulky! I knew it'd be an impractical buy haha. Anyway we did think about it, saw a few retro-looking ones online, but the thing is if one part is spoilt, you gotta replace the whole thing. That's gonna be costly. We also initially wanted the oven to be placed at a higher level and not below the hob for safety reasons (but in the end couldn't find any other place cos the kitchen is so small T_T)

Edited by hellofromanotherside

Make Friends at Samsung

While shopping around for kitchen appliances, we considered buying a dryer because we were very much pampered by one while in Japan recently. Towels come out so warm and fluffy, not scratchy like whenever I hang them out in the sun! And according to a map I saw recently, our flat location doesn't get direct sunlight OR wind, which means drying clothes isn't gonna be a...breeze (haha sorry). So ok, we're getting a dryer, but which one?

Thankfully, we'd earlier met a salesperson at Harvey Norman who enlightened us on the different types. I could be wrong here, so kindly correct me if I am! A vented one (which tends to be cheaper, around the hundreds) requires the dryer to be placed near a window, as it removes damp air through a vent. A condenser dryer (which is more costly, a good one would cost above a thousand bucks, the guy says) separates the moisture in a container, which can be removed through plumbing. We figured, ok, let's take a look at the condensers, since the technology is better. But I wasn't going to pay 1k plus on a dryer alone.

That's where my friend's kind husband comes in. He works at Samsung, and let me tell you, because he gets such AMAZING deals as a staff member, their whole house consists of Samsung appliances. We could get anything we want at almost half the price! I took on their offer, but didn't want to exploit this friendship of goodwill, so will only be getting a washer, dryer, and a powerbot vacuum from them. We'll be buying these items after CNY, because my current house really cannot store more items from our shopping. Here they are!

vRXls0.jpg

Samsung Washer, WW-8OH5400EW

7N8L0B.jpg

Samsung dryer, DV80H4200CW/SP

6Ur570.jpg

Samsung Powerbot VR20H9050UW

Next up: Making Light of the Issue

Making Light of the Issue

I know, it's crazy, we're buying these things before renovation even commences. I'm pretty sure we'll be super bored once it all starts, and we've no more furniture to buy. Haha! But since my husband and I are on a roll, we figured no harm looking at lights, right?

So, so wrong.

Firstly, it turns out we have pretty different ideas on what it means to be beautiful lighting. He likes them pretty industrial, I love anything rose gold, metallic, shiny, everything also I like la! So it became a little frustrating going through pages and pages of pendant lights for the dining area, and either I'll say ugh, too expensive, or he'll say no, that's too elaborate. Then we saw It. The Tom Dixon Copper Shade. And I realised how silly it was to take this lighting business so seriously. Shopping should be enjoyable! And make you weep with joy when you've found The One.

If a single lighting source could make me emotional, this would be it.

yzUSEF.jpg

*joyful sobs*

vyBHoT.jpgxjNOcE.jpg

EXTRA at Park Mall has the whole range of Tom Dixon's creations.

We got ours slightly cheaper online, hoorah!

TIP: I highly recommend Harvey Norman's new flagship store at Millenia Walk.

Get to their furniture floor. You'll find a hugee collection of rose gold/copper items

for your home, if you're as big a fan as I am!

Our ID has also done up some sketches of the home (sharing in my next post!), and has left some ceiling space for another pendant light in the kitchen. I let my husband take this one, so he got a more industrial-looking light, to balance the rather country/rustic kitchen cabinets.

W0od8R.jpg

Samuel Wilkinson Vessel Pendant in Smoke Grey.

Got the one in the extreme right. Just 18cm wide, perfect for our little breakfast bar.

Next up: Draw Real Talent

Make Friends at Samsung

While shopping around for kitchen appliances, we considered buying a dryer because we were very much pampered by one while in Japan recently. Towels come out so warm and fluffy, not scratchy like whenever I hang them out in the sun! And according to a map I saw recently, our flat location doesn't get direct sunlight OR wind, which means drying clothes isn't gonna be a...breeze (haha sorry). So ok, we're getting a dryer, but which one?

Thankfully, we'd earlier met a salesperson at Harvey Norman who enlightened us on the different types. I could be wrong here, so kindly correct me if I am! A vented one (which tends to be cheaper, around the hundreds) requires the dryer to be placed near a window, as it removes damp air through a vent. A condenser dryer (which is more costly, a good one would cost above a thousand bucks, the guy says) separates the moisture in a container, which can be removed through plumbing. We figured, ok, let's take a look at the condensers, since the technology is better. But I wasn't going to pay 1k plus on a dryer alone.

That's where my friend's kind husband comes in. He works at Samsung, and let me tell you, because he gets such AMAZING deals as a staff member, their whole house consists of Samsung appliances. We could get anything we want at almost half the price! I took on their offer, but didn't want to exploit this friendship of goodwill, so will only be getting a washer, dryer, and a powerbot vacuum from them. We'll be buying these items after CNY, because my current house really cannot store more items from our shopping. Here they are!

vRXls0.jpg

Samsung Washer, WW-8OH5400EW

7N8L0B.jpg

Samsung dryer, DV80H4200CW/SP

6Ur570.jpg

Samsung Powerbot VR20H9050UW

Next up: Making Light of the Issue

Oh my!!! u r so fortunate to have someone working in samsung!!!! save u so much!!!

i love the vacuum and the washer! not sure about the dryer.. i am looking at dryer too!! :good:

i love those lightings u gotten... thanks for sharing! look awesome!

Well, apart from the other clues that you left about the location and PCD, the 5+3 window panes combination in the living room is pretty rare! haha.

Yups, I got the DWK. Not that it matters though cos i'll be hacking off the kitchen walls. Can't wait for the **** keys to be ready. It's taking forever...

Hi, love ur theme! Coincidentally, I'm also not gg for the industrial & Scandinavian theme and I'm having dark blue shaker cabinets & brass/gold handles with marble looking quartz!

Love your pairing of dark wood & gold too but unfortunately no dark wood for me though. I'm sure everything will turn out well for u!

Can I chk with you where did u get ur Tom Dixon copper light & how much? I'm trying to look for a rose gold or brass lights to place above my island & having a hard time looking for the right one. Thanks!

Thank you! It's funny you asked that. When we were at parisilk we saw this really gorgeous standalone hob + oven. But it had like 7 burners?? Super bulky! I knew it'd be an impractical buy haha. Anyway we did think about it, saw a few retro-looking ones online, but the thing is if one part is spoilt, you gotta replace the whole thing. That's gonna be costly. We also initially wanted the oven to be placed at a higher level and not below the hob for safety reasons (but in the end couldn't find any other place cos the kitchen is so small T_T)

After reading this make me sad coz I also want a standalone hob + oven maybe should do my homework at HN... go there and talk" and do my retail therapy for the copper things :notti:

yzUSEF.jpg

*joyful sobs*

vyBHoT.jpgxjNOcE.jpg

EXTRA at Park Mall has the whole range of Tom Dixon's creations.

We got ours slightly cheaper online, hoorah!

TIP: I highly recommend Harvey Norman's new flagship store at Millenia Walk.

Get to their furniture floor. You'll find a hugee collection of rose gold/copper items

for your home, if you're as big a fan as I am!

Our ID has also done up some sketches of the home (sharing in my next post!), and has left some ceiling space for another pendant light in the kitchen. I let my husband take this one, so he got a more industrial-looking light, to balance the rather country/rustic kitchen cabinets.

W0od8R.jpg

Samuel Wilkinson Vessel Pendant in Smoke Grey.

Got the one in the extreme right. Just 18cm wide, perfect for our little breakfast bar.

Next up: Draw Real Talent

Horaayyy for the Tom Dixon light :jammin: For rose gold fans I think is a must ahahhaha... may I know how much you get for this light?

Hi there! Just wanted to say it's quite refreshing to see a plan like yours amidst all the newer 'in' designs. We're looking to receive our keys 3Q this year, so starting to look into what we'd like etc - so many choices!

Haven't the foggiest idea what apartment therapy is, but your kitchen moodboard gives me a cottage-y feel, and that's quite nice.

Looking forward to see how this pans out, and good luck!

Hello, thank you so much for reading! Apartment Therapy is actually a website that showcases real homes with smart, beautiful interior design. I'd say most of their homes have so much personality, life and creativity. I love how lived-in their photos look - so different from the showroom type of HDB homes we see here! So I thought I'd emulate that. All the best with your reno journey! It's starting soon, so exciting!

Wow wow wow! So much new information! I'm totally like you, I want to do all my shopping now! I even know where I want to buy them and how much they are! But cannot ;_; because I can only collect my keys in March. Weep.

Haha so many similarities! We love Commune too but have a rounded-corner restriction on our furniture, so we will probably only get their dining table. So excited about your kitchen right now! Really hope to see it when it's done! Living vicariously through your blue kitchen!!

Oh my!!! u r so fortunate to have someone working in samsung!!!! save u so much!!!

i love the vacuum and the washer! not sure about the dryer.. i am looking at dryer too!! :good:

i love those lightings u gotten... thanks for sharing! look awesome!

Do share with us which dryer you end up with! We'd love to look at other brands, but because can only choose from the Samsung range, we got that particular one. Thank you for reading!