Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Whaat, serious? Hmm looks like we may have to do more research on the aircon then. Having an open kitchen doesn't help either. Gah!

But we've decided to stick to 1 unit in the hall. Probably switch on the fans at the same time to hasten the cooling.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lovely drawings!! Even better than 3Ds..

wow! you've got a gem of an ID! :)

SO SO LOVELY!! Can't wait to see your kitchen - dark blue and marble sounds absolutely delicious! ^^

The layout for your kitchen is super interesting!

Props to you guys for not sticking to the usual cookiecutter layout, and trying something unconventional and unique :jammin:

Wow!! her drawing is awesome! like all the small details she has put in for u.. :good:

cant wait to see the transformation!!

Thank you all! I'm really in love with her drawings. And yeah! The details are what made the whole look come to life. Very lived-in, which was our vision from the start =D

Hi all! Just a quick update from me.

This blog will be on hiatus for a while because frustratingly HDB has postponed our Probable Completion Date to end of Feb instead of Jan. Not really sure what’s going on, cos our block is definitely ready to go. I do worry about the delay, because that means we’ll have to contact a few of the stores who are holding on to our furniture. I guess this is one of the downside to buying things before getting the keys! But ah well, just have to make the best of the situation now.

Currently, we’re scouting for contractors as our ID is working on the first draft of quotes. We’ve gone to Hafary a few times and picked out most of the material, and I’ll write about that in another post. If you have any good contractors to recommend, kindly PM me or leave a comment here!

It also looks like everyone else’s contractors/renovation work are also on hiatus as we approach CNY. Let’s hope things go smoothly after work commences again these next few weeks. Happy new year to everyone!

Hi all! I'm back!

Really apologise for being away for a month. We've been eagerly waiting for our keys, and....*drumroll* have finally received them! It was quite an experience. 

We were lucky enough to get a slot on THE VERY FIRST DAY. Unfortunately, my husband was away on reservist so we had to reschedule to another week. The process was really quite smooth - I'm so glad for all the tips on this forum because we were well prepared for the whole process. 

Anyway, here's a sneak peek of our new home. We're lucky to have gotten a unit on the top floor - the ceiling is significantly higher, by about 50cm! Which means more pendant lights coming your way =D And my id has already emailed possible contractors for quotes. Am hoping things go smoothly from here on. With that, I've resurrected our reno blog LOL. 

291ht08.jpg

Edited by hellofromanotherside

5 hours ago, hellofromanotherside said:

Hi all! I'm back!

Really apologise for being away for a month. We've been eagerly waiting for our keys, and....*drumroll* have finally received them! It was quite an experience. 

We were lucky enough to get a slot on THE VERY FIRST DAY. Unfortunately, my husband was away on reservist so we had to reschedule to another week. The process was really quite smooth - I'm so glad for all the tips on this forum because we were well prepared for the whole process. 

Anyway, here's a sneak peek of our new home. We're lucky to have gotten a unit on the top floor - the ceiling is significantly higher, by about 50cm! Which means more pendant lights coming your way =D And my id has already emailed possible contractors for quotes. Am hoping things go smoothly from here on. With that, I've resurrected our reno blog LOL. 

291ht08.jpg

Congrats on key collection!!! :yamseng:  Your unit looks nice and bright. And awesome that the ceiling is higher too. 50cm is alot!  :jawdrop:

50cm?!?! I'm so envious now. Then again, I'm lucky enough to have a unit given my queue number. haha.

Looking forward to updates from you! I'm still waiting for HDB to schedule an appointment for cement screeding before I can start on major works:(  

On 3/21/2016 at 11:03 PM, kingandbin said:

Congrats on key collection!!! :yamseng:  Your unit looks nice and bright. And awesome that the ceiling is higher too. 50cm is alot!  :jawdrop:

On 3/30/2016 at 3:48 PM, pankponk said:

congratss on key collection.. look forward to seeing the progress :yamseng:

Thanks guys! Can't wait to start on reno ASAP. I feel like we've been waiting forever!

On 3/30/2016 at 10:31 AM, wsketchpad said:

50cm?!?! I'm so envious now. Then again, I'm lucky enough to have a unit given my queue number. haha.

Looking forward to updates from you! I'm still waiting for HDB to schedule an appointment for cement screeding before I can start on major works:(  

You're getting HDB to do it? I heard it'll take about 6 - 8 weeks, but if you're not in a rush I'm sure HDB screeding is the best way to go, considering how much these things cost nowadays. All the best with your reno journey! Start your own reno blog leh =D

Also, now that we've properly measured it, I think we got an extra 30cm in height la, not 50cm heh. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, hellofromanotherside said:

You're getting HDB to do it? I heard it'll take about 6 - 8 weeks, but if you're not in a rush I'm sure HDB screeding is the best way to go, considering how much these things cost nowadays. All the best with your reno journey! Start your own reno blog leh =D

Also, now that we've properly measured it, I think we got an extra 30cm in height la, not 50cm heh. 

I'm still toying with the idea of starting a tblog. But I'm pretty sure my wife and I will lose steam and abandon the tblog halfway. We'll see!

Anyways. I must credit you for sharing your kitchen moodboard. I could not stop googling images of midnight-blue shaker kitchen cabinets since! And don't get me started on the poison that is the marble-look counter top. I'll be spending a disproportionate amount of money on my tiny kitchen island counter-top. Haha.

Hello,

Very interesting theme! We have a similarity in that I'm going for a marble-esque counter top as well. Right now our choice is the Evershine solid-top version which was what Bykaraanne chose. What are you considering at the moment? 

16 hours ago, wsketchpad said:

I'm still toying with the idea of starting a tblog. But I'm pretty sure my wife and I will lose steam and abandon the tblog halfway. We'll see!

Anyways. I must credit you for sharing your kitchen moodboard. I could not stop googling images of midnight-blue shaker kitchen cabinets since! And don't get me started on the poison that is the marble-look counter top. I'll be spending a disproportionate amount of money on my tiny kitchen island counter-top. Haha.

7 minutes ago, dukebluedevil said:

Hello,

Very interesting theme! We have a similarity in that I'm going for a marble-esque counter top as well. Right now our choice is the Evershine solid-top version which was what Bykaraanne chose. What are you considering at the moment? 

Guys, there is some Quartz versions that are very realistic much like the Gloria solid top I found. I know @Luxexplorer's t-blog has one! 

On 4/6/2016 at 9:31 AM, dukebluedevil said:

Hello,

40 minutes ago, wsketchpad said:

Yups! I'm gonna use Caesarstone just like @Luxexplorer!

Sorry for hijacking your tblog, @hellofromanotherside. haha.

We're using Gloria from Evershine! I read an article about maintaining marble countertops and got a bit nervous after reading. See: http://www.thekitchn.com/living-with-marble-countertops-one-year-later-203189

Pls tell me I have nothing to worry about, people who have had them in their homes already! @bykaraanne

Edited by hellofromanotherside

Hahaha i guess the trend is now to go for a marble-looking countertop :D

I was quoted for a lian hin one which is quite expensive so i'm gonna check out @Luxexplorer ceasarstone contact and see if I can get a better rate for their marble-looking tops too.

I don't think you need to worry as much if you are using solid surfaces instead of real marble though! :)