Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys~ nice meeting ya all just now! :)

Anyway, I do have a comment for ODA. You willing to wait abit more? Cause PC show is starting on 12. The price on third day onwards is going to be quite crazy...also, if you find too much of a crowd there..you can also choose to buy at the departmental stores (eg. denki, norman, challenger), cause the show will affect the price of the general market too. If you need challenger membership to get better prices, can tell me.

As for shops that are selling at cheaper prices, there is another good alternative, which is Kang Tai at jurong west. The shop opposite to it is also giving competitive prices. I am not sure how it can compare with alexandra shops as i have not bought in alexandra village before. I also visit another shop called federal electronics in jalan besar for some home appliances. Price is good too.

Brand wise, I am using Sharp, good so far. Samsung looks beautiful, asthetically. But my classmate who just got a 42 inch and it went "Koyak" in 3 weeks. Whole screen gave a very green hue. Nothing against samsung, just an example. Anyway, it depends alot on luck when you buy electronics nowadays.

Edited by sohzai

Hi guys~ nice meeting ya all just now! :)

Anyway, I do have a comment for ODA. You willing to wait abit more? Cause PC show is starting on 12. The price on third day onwards is going to be quite crazy...also, if you find too much of a crowd there..you can also choose to buy at the departmental stores (eg. denki, norman, challenger), cause the show will affect the price of the general market too. If you need challenger membership to get better prices, can tell me.

As for shops that are selling at cheaper prices, there is another good alternative, which is Kang Tai at jurong west. The shop opposite to it is also giving competitive prices. I am not sure how it can compare with alexandra shops as i have not bought in alexandra village before. I also visit another shop called federal electronics in jalan besar for some home appliances. Price is good too.

Brand wise, I am using Sharp, good so far. Samsung looks beautiful, asthetically. But my classmate who just got a 42 inch and it went "Koyak" in 3 weeks. Whole screen gave a very green hue. Nothing against samsung, just an example. Anyway, it depends alot on luck when you buy electronics nowadays.

Hi sohzai,

Nice to meet you and your wife too!:)

Yup, Wayne also suggested to me just now on the way back that if I'm not urgent to buy, I can wait for the IT show for better discounts...so maybe right now I can go to various shops like in Alexandra Village (Hehe, TYM...din know that place is called that name after been there before many times :bangwall: ) and the places that you have mentioned, to 'research' about the differences between various brands and make comparison first before making a decision. :rolleyes:

I also heard from friends that Sharp Aquos is good. But din know that Samsung can 'Koyak' one, always thot Samsung has a good reputation. Well, I guess it all depends on luck ba...

Armani, thanks for your advice too. Perhaps will go to your house someday to see 'demo' from your Palladine. Last week I saw a shop at Funan Centre selling a 42" or 40" Palladine LCD TV at S$1099...but a bit flicker(maybe display for very long liao). I will also take note that matt panel surface will be better. Thanks. :thumbs up:

One more thing to ask, is the wall mounting of the LCD TV chargable or provided free? When they said provided by agent, does that mean that I have to contact the agent myself? :dunno:

Edited by oda

Hi sohzai,

Yup, Wayne also suggested to me just now on the way back that if I'm not urgent to buy, I can wait for the IT show for better discounts...so maybe right now I can go to various shops like in Alexandra Village (Hehe, TYM...din know that place is called that name after been there before many times :bangwall: ) and the places that you have mentioned, to 'research' about the differences between various brands and make comparison first before making a decision. :rolleyes:

I also heard from friends that Sharp Aquos is good. But din know that Samsung can 'Koyak' one, always thot Samsung has a good reputation. Well, I guess it all depends on luck ba...

Armani, thanks for your advice too. Perhaps will go to your house someday to see 'demo' from your Palladine. Last week I saw a shop at Funan Centre selling a 42" or 40" Palladine LCD TV at S$1099...but a bit flicker(maybe display for very long liao). I will also take note that matt panel surface will be better. Thanks. :thumbs up:

One more thing to ask, is the wall mounting of the LCD TV chargable or provided free? When they said provided by agent, does that mean that I have to contact the agent myself? :dunno:

You will need a rack to mount the lcd to the wall. Racks varies in price. as cheap as 60+ to few hundreds. But best bet is to get it with freebies during the show. Rack is quite a common item as freebie. As for fixing of the rack on the wall, I am unsure if they would provide the service..

hi all,

can side track abit? :P

i think knocking off walls cost around 300 bucks each wall rite? how about buiding up new walls? cost of sealing door position and change it to another position?

sakae, how much u paid for the glass partition of ur kitchen har? the area where u place ur stove where u can see the living room while cooking?

sorri been busy to log in. paid bout 2k to knock down all the walls in my flat.

forgot how much the glass panel for the kitcehn liao as its lump sum with the sliding glass door. think should be less than $600 :dunno:

for mounting of TV, usually they will provide. they will ask if u want stand or wall mount. wall mount will include 3rd party installation cost. some even provide stand as will as wall mount installation.

if youw ant to mount onto yr feature wall, ensure that the backing of the feature wall, eg wood can take the weight of the TV. i've seen before the whole feature wall collaspe cos the backing cannot take the weight fo the TV.

HTH :yamseng:

Common to get free wall mount rack nowadays. We bought both our TV (Pioneer and Sony) from Best, free wall mount rack and installation. Best delivered the TV and arranged with the agent to come down to do the mounting on separate day.

Common to get free wall mount rack nowadays. We bought both our TV (Pioneer and Sony) from Best, free wall mount rack and installation. Best delivered the TV and arranged with the agent to come down to do the mounting on separate day.

I think this depends on brand and where you buy. To my knowledge, Samsung LCD TVs all comes with free bracket and installation. As for Sharp, agent dont have bracket, and most places, need to top up for 3rd party brand bracket and installation. Im using the Sharp Aquos, so far so good..

Yup, wayne is right, wait for the PC Show, which is at Suntec 12-15 June 08. Or you can check out GSS deals now

Hi sohzai,

for my palladine tv, it's wall mounted by palladine agent for 120 or 150. can't really remember. but they gave me the rack as well. it's lying in my HSS. got no use for it since i've wall mounted my tv. wat i can say is that palladine's delivery service quite good becoz initially i didn't specify wall mount so called them up n they gladly changed it to wall mount.

i agree with wayne too... get ur tv from those pc show. just two week more only. wayne got his tv from last pc show i guess. coz saw him lugging a tv during that time downstairs. :) but if don't wish to wait too long then buy a copy of straits time on saturday. Courts, Harvey Norman, Audio Hse or Carrefour guarantee hv great buys for those 1st 5sets of tv etc every saturday morning.

ok, will pm you once i'm free....thanks. :yamseng:

Any idea which brand of LCD TV cheap and good? :unsure:

I'm thinking Toshiba 32"~37"...

i personally prefer Plasma over LCD as the closest you can get to a CRT standard is Plasma....blacks are darker, etc.... also LCD tends to be grainy when picture quality is poor.

however, if you are a greenie, Plasma's will tend to be unfriendly to your monthly utilities bill so its a trade off but what the hack, i hardly watch tv, maybe only 30minutes a week so makes almost no diff lar ;)

Hi guys..

Sorry to sidetrack abit from the current topic..May I know what's the colour of the tiles for kitchen and toilet floor/walls for block 89?

Anyway, I also like plasma! haha..but the model I like is way too expensive...Pioneer Kuros.

Hi guys..

Sorry to sidetrack abit from the current topic..May I know what's the colour of the tiles for kitchen and toilet floor/walls for block 89?

Anyway, I also like plasma! haha..but the model I like is way too expensive...Pioneer Kuros.

Hi, anyone can recommend supplier for wallpaper? Intend to do wallpaper for my MBR partition false wall.

Roughly how much? Thanks v much!

Hi All,

Sorry that we have missed this outing! Went down to expo..hehehe...

Anyway, anyone heard of 'Closet Robe'? quite interested in their wardrobe leh....

can someone post pix of the kitchen wall tiles, floor tiles and toilet wall tiles and floor tiles that were provided by HDB??? that would be greatly appreciated!

Hello all!

I am new to this forum :) And yes! My hubby and I got a unit at blk 90 :) We were reading this forum the whole night through.. and waoh! this is really cool! :)

Just here to say hello... and haha yes, we are still lost at the renovation and blar blar... :)

Happygirl.. u also just got a unit from jan balloting? "5"... alot of things to check out on =< busy

sakea sushi.. can you send me your contractor contact.. Wanna contact him. Thanks! both pls. thanks

Hmm.....in terms of brand, price, quality, function, etc, I think I must set my priorities right before making a decision at the PC show or at any GSS shops. For example if you saw a brand new 37" LCD TV at S$799, but the brand you never heard of, I will feel unsafe about the reliability of the TV, or maybe you saw a Sony Bravia at below market price, you may wonder why they wanna sell so cheap, is there anything wrong with the TV? These so-called 'gimicks' really can make me stop and think twice lor....sianz...

I think sometimes must really go for the gut feeling ba plus those comments and recommendations from you all. Anyway, I must thank everybody for that, very much appreciated. :)

By the way, nice to see new neighbours here... :yamseng: