Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hi all~~~~~~~~

Can see that you guys r also having headache like mi as wic unit to choose....intially wanted #xx-346 but almost all taken up...now left wif (Blk 89)#xx-348 & (Blk 90) #xx-326...sigh..... :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks pongy. so which unit have you chose?

my top choices are all strathmore! so angry! i was so happy when i kept seeing 89 taken away, not many people aim strathmore. even my ideal 4th floor 04-211 also taken up! boohoo...

now we're desperate liao, looking into block 90. :( not so keen abt 89 cos it's too near to mrt and carpark and i'm someone who prefer quieter area...

thanks for your feedback on 326 MBR, i might just look into this option lor...provided from now till thurs, everyone choose block 89. :P

Which unit i choose ah.. hee cannot say here leh.. later got "bad pple" follow me home.. hahaha :notti:

my dream units (4 of them) all gone when i went down for selection.. sad sad ... :( the unit i choose was like my 5th or 6th choice... bobian! Now still feel a little bit bitter abt my dream units :bangwall: Abt starthmore, the same auntie gave me some insides abt the units here... apparently, the doors (main doors and bed room doors) and the main gate in Strathmore are of lower quality. :dunno:

Dun worry abt the carpark noise..its not noisy (unless u ganna lower floor of Blk 89).

Pongyi,

Cheers! That was a good question! ...

Cos personally, I was in dilemna over chosing unit #348 or #326 ...

Wonder any chance owners staying in #326 can let me have a "peek" @ the actual layout cum view from #326? :help:

Thanks

Juz knock knock can liao... so far i knock on so many doors only one units rejected me.. the neighbours quite friendly... :yamseng:

Hi OOCTY, u are from Sgbride forum izzit? Tink i chat w u b4

Which unit i choose ah.. hee cannot say here leh.. later got "bad pple" follow me home.. hahaha :notti:

my dream units (4 of them) all gone when i went down for selection.. sad sad ... :( the unit i choose was like my 5th or 6th choice... bobian! Now still feel a little bit bitter abt my dream units :bangwall: Abt starthmore, the same auntie gave me some insides abt the units here... apparently, the doors (main doors and bed room doors) and the main gate in Strathmore are of lower quality. :dunno:

Dun worry abt the carpark noise..its not noisy (unless u ganna lower floor of Blk 89).

Juz knock knock can liao... so far i knock on so many doors only one units rejected me.. the neighbours quite friendly... :yamseng:

Hi OOCTY, u are from Sgbride forum izzit? Tink i chat w u b4

So pongy wat unit did u choose in e end??

So pongy wat unit did u choose in e end??

Pongy,

I am also kinda curious abt the unit u chose ... :dribble:

hihi Isling,

what is ur Qno.? We're competitors now! :o

Oh shucks ...

wah, so secretive but i respect ur decision of not revealing.

yea, i'm at the sgbridesforum too. :P

i guess i'll go down HV and DC to look see look see bah

Hey gals dun like that leh.. :bow: cannot say lah.. later pple follow me home..

I promise when u gals choose ur units then we PM to share which unit we taken and can share reno and IDs ideas?? :notti:

Hey gals dun like that leh.. :bow: cannot say lah.. later pple follow me home..

I promise when u gals choose ur units then we PM to share which unit we taken and can share reno and IDs ideas?? :notti:

Pongy,

No worries ... we r jus curious ...

Well, hope I do get to shortlist an unit ba ...

:dunno:

i do not stay at #xx-326 but i am really intrigued to know you are able to feel the temperature difference between general ambient and directly outside #xx-326 but if i were to interpret in another way, you probably felt a lack of wind as this time of the year, the wind is blowing from the south side so when you stand outside of #xx-326, the direct wind has been blocked by #xx-322.

unless u tell me that their door is open and you felt a general difference, this would be amazing unless they are baking big time in their kitchens ;)

side note: on the contrary, if the #xx-326 door was marginally open which does not give you sufficient inside view but occupants are having their air-conditioners turned on, would you have said this unit is pretty good, no difference in temperature wor ;)

I am also hoping for good that 346 units are not significantly hotter, especially in the afternoon where my dad needs to sleep in bedroom 3. From what I heard from other forumers, they mentioned that it is only slightly warmer for about 2 hours. I don't mind if the MBR gets abit warm cause I am not at home during that time most of the week, so long bedroom 3 is still cool enough for my dad to sleep.

So ladies, I think you just need to consider whether the affected rooms will affect you.

I am also hoping for good that 346 units are not significantly hotter, especially in the afternoon where my dad needs to sleep in bedroom 3. From what I heard from other forumers, they mentioned that it is only slightly warmer for about 2 hours. I don't mind if the MBR gets abit warm cause I am not at home during that time most of the week, so long bedroom 3 is still cool enough for my dad to sleep.

So ladies, I think you just need to consider whether the affected rooms will affect you.

Erm...sorry...think i mixed up the numbers 326 and 346....paiseh.... :bangwall:

Edited by sohzai

Dun know where is unit 326, 346 or 348 but wind direction changes throughout the year. So mayb windy now but may not be a few months later. But generally, our estate is windy all year round. Now blowing southwest monsoon (may-sep), wind predominantly from south. From nov-mar, will be blowing northest monsoon, wind predominantly from north.

I collected keys in jun 07, so almost a year now. My own observations on the general wind direction (if it is an important consideration to u when choosing ur unit):

May-Aug - South

Sep-Nov - West

Dec-Feb - North

Feb-Apr - East

:yamseng:

Edited by TYM

hello happie vesak day.

some of the guys was here over the last PH for some TCSS session :dancingqueen: ask chairman to organise and pop by when everyone is free. can go chairman house to drool over zoe tay signature and add some of our signature on his wall as well.

long time never access my thread liao. if you wanna see the photos can try

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22619825@N07/

Thanks for sharing... u design **** solid... i love your open concept kitchen... very cool...

Dun know where is unit 326, 346 or 348 but wind direction changes throughout the year. So mayb windy now but may not be a few months later. But generally, our estate is windy all year round. Now blowing southwest monsoon (may-sep), wind predominantly from south. From nov-mar, will be blowing northest monsoon, wind predominantly from north.

I collected keys in jun 07, so almost a year now. My own observations on the general wind direction (if it is an important consideration to u when choosing ur unit):

May-Aug - South

Sep-Nov - West

Dec-Feb - North

Feb-Apr - East

Is mi again... long time nvr post... hehehe... lazy bum....

TYM got alot of new ppl tat i din know... i can understand their feeling.. anxious yet alot of considerations

btw nowaday our flat here not as windy as dec time...

LL have to on air con... Bills went up hahhaa

How is your side there ok ?? windy?? Mi side here all hot and dead wind... Hai....

to9 Man U vs Chelsea... Stay tune for the action>>>>>>

Am MAN U Fan so i hope they will get the double

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Hi Cartoon Wayne and TYM

Can let us noe which blk and unit u guys live in? Tink can give better insights to the selection pple... I have selected my unit..we are future neighbours! :notti:

Can also share ur ID? Your hses are sooooooooooooooooo beautiful...... :dancingqueen:

Edited by pongy

Hi future neighbours,

I have a query. May I know which of you has laminate flooring at home? I was thinking of laying it for the bedrooms and a slightly raised platform beside the living room windows. However, my colleague has bad experience with it. He mentioned he is not sure whether it is because of poor quality or bad installation. His iron leaked water and when it dried, the whole affected laminated flooring popped up/ warped.

I am quite a sucker for quality, so i cannot stand such problems in future. May I ask for your experiences with laminated flooring if any?

Thanks in advance!

May-Aug - South

Sep-Nov - West

Dec-Feb - North

Feb-Apr - East

Hi TYM,

You're so observant!!! :bow: To me when there is no wind, just turn on the fan.