Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

19 minutes ago, Songz said:

From the pictures, the wall color look unique and quite matching.

If the house lights is bright enough, it will solve the house problem of being "too dark"

With a darker house and you use warm light, the whole place will look great (*Based on my friend house who also uses dark colors)

Hope to see how the house turns out after the completed renovation 

thanks for commenting!! during the day i actually dont plan to turn on the lights since its not economical, but now i really have to think twice. yup i only want warm lights, white lights are a big NO NO. my eyes actually get very tired when i look at those fluorescent white lights. i'll be using those boxy black COB lights for all my ceilings :

LbGxHT7.jpg

and for dining & bedroom lights i will be using these :

5TUedXB.jpg

plCqqhz.jpg

then the rest will be table and floor lamps.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
14 hours ago, matchalatte said:

it was painting the past 2 days, i was totally apprenhensive because unlike laminates, we don't actually get A4 samples for nippon's colors. there was also no looking at the paint chips on the color booklet because the "color my world" catalog only has standard and limited colors whereasi chose from the "color creations" which has got no catalog. i was tempted to just buy small cans of paints to test on the walls buti was thinking, why bother? how bad can it be, its all grey right? WRONG. first of all, these are the colors i picked :

r4aCzwo.jpg

black swan NP N 2044A

XfB7FBn.jpg

ebony blue NP N 2002A

9MvgJ32.jpg

gray dolphin NP N 2046P

4O2PreC.jpg

puritan black NP N 1982D

and here's the real deal :

Q6OK11X.jpg

i've got puritan black, a dark grey for the whole of my living room walls and gray dolphin for the ceiling. please ignore the messy floor. 

ZnIStqt.jpg

i think this is a very interesting color because it also has blue & purple undertones, which i failed to take into consideration. so while it looks grey for the most part ie. upclose, in the paint bucket, it also looks blue with tints of purple especially near the window. this greatly annoys me because i simply want a grey with no undertones, like black mixed with white. thats all. 

9qkaDif.jpg

see how purple it is especially near the window. for the hacked room, i used black swan. its a dark charcoal grey which is my favorite.

6Z2unWT.jpg

black swan. loves how it matches against my dark parquet skirting.

Kt6baKZ.jpg

also have black swan on my bathroom ceiling, including the sides of the partition board. its looking kinda weird right now since the walls are white, hopefully when all my matte black sanitaryware & toiletries like basin and rainshower are up, it will better tie the look together.

wkcQOnX.jpg

ebony blue for my MBR walls and ceiling. i totally adore this dark slate blue green color and i can already imagine the gold and brass accessories like table and pendant lamps that will go so well with this shade. will also paint all my door frames gold. my contractor said the walls will be repainted after carpentry because there's no way to touch up for dark colors. hubby is very impressed with my choice of colors lol, whereas for me, im still getting used to how dark and moody the house looks now, and the view outside the window just looks really glaring. 

right now, its parquet mending/varnishing, carpentry & plumbing works next. can't wait!

it looks nice to me. I love your ebony blue and puritan black (nice shade of dark grey), and your bathroom ceiling paint black swan? Will it bring the ceiling lower and make it more cramp? I wanted to paint a darker shade but was worried.

3 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

it looks nice to me. I love your ebony blue and puritan black (nice shade of dark grey), and your bathroom ceiling paint black swan? Will it bring the ceiling lower and make it more cramp? I wanted to paint a darker shade but was worried.

thanks!! grey is more complicated than i think! wished i did more research before committing to a color, then i probably wouldnt choose puritan black because of its cyan & magenta undertones. 

for the bathroom, i had plans to have all black/dark grey tiles initially but had to scrap the overlaying plans coz of budget. so i think this is the closest i could go. also think it will complete the look of having black toiletries better else it seems like they would be floating in a white bathroom. not at issue at all with the cramped look, dark & moody is what im looking for. i saw this on qanvarst which i think is quite nice!

WB3xFH2.jpg

Edited by matchalatte

15 hours ago, matchalatte said:

thanks for commenting!! during the day i actually dont plan to turn on the lights since its not economical, but now i really have to think twice. yup i only want warm lights, white lights are a big NO NO. my eyes actually get very tired when i look at those fluorescent white lights. i'll be using those boxy black COB lights for all my ceilings :

LbGxHT7.jpg

and for dining & bedroom lights i will be using these :

5TUedXB.jpg

plCqqhz.jpg

then the rest will be table and floor lamps.

Hi, 

Have you purchased the above lamps?? I was looking for the same lamp for dining. Could you share the tb link? Thanks

Raymond

35 minutes ago, Raylowwl said:

Hi, 

Have you purchased the above lamps?? I was looking for the same lamp for dining. Could you share the tb link? Thanks

Raymond

hi raymond, yes i bought but havent installed so cannot vouch on the quality yet. here you go :

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=558498458919&toSite=main

Waaaaah. Nice bold choice of colors. Actually I really like Puritan Black leh! Although maybe it looks slightly different irl. But in the pics I like it! Bold of you to paint the ceiling different colours too, but I think it'll turn out nicely. I stuck to white as usual because I wanted to keep the space looking bigger :( but downside is that it looks plainer lor. Ebony blue is also v nice!!

16 hours ago, spooky said:

Waaaaah. Nice bold choice of colors. Actually I really like Puritan Black leh! Although maybe it looks slightly different irl. But in the pics I like it! Bold of you to paint the ceiling different colours too, but I think it'll turn out nicely. I stuck to white as usual because I wanted to keep the space looking bigger :( but downside is that it looks plainer lor. Ebony blue is also v nice!!

thanks babe! surprised you liked it! in fact i was just thinking to myself, dammmmn why i so keh kiang i should have stuck with a lighter kinda grey, something like yours! then again maybe the color will grow on me, and since im putting up a gallery wall with a couple of paintings it should look better. i dont think your walls are plain! your home is so muji like, so tranquil. with the light wood & white furniture you have, light grey walls are a better match. 

earlier on i mentioned i bought a gold kitchen faucet but due to careless packaging on the seller's end it came with dents all over. plus it was too short and was also in shiny gold which i didnt like, i went and bought 2 more from taobao, just in case lol. 

PMdlGR4.jpg

L6zEl7r.jpg

this matte champagne gold one is so pretty! i bought it because it was cheap, like less than $20, and i was also curious to know what the material was like. it was written 太空铝 which is probably like aluminium or something so i wonder whether it would be really light or cheap looking. turned out otherwise. it actually has a really nice weight to it, and the brushed metal look is to die for. apart from a little scratch (?) at the bottom, it was great overall. 

w0eTKol.jpg

Tev7r3o.jpg

another was this, a matte black stainless steel one. this is really nice as well, i also like it cuz its tall. 

now i just cannot decide which one to use, since my sink is black would it look meh if my faucet is black as well? maybe i should have just bought one lol

18 hours ago, matchalatte said:

earlier on imentioned i bought a gold kitchen faucet but due to careless packaging on the seller's end it came with dents all over. plus it was too short and was also in shiny gold whichididnt like, i went and bought 2 more from taobao, just in case lol. 

PMdlGR4.jpg

L6zEl7r.jpg

this matte champagne gold one is so pretty! i bought it because it was cheap, like less than $20, and i was also curious to know what the material was like. it was written 太空铝 which is probably like aluminium or something so i wonder whether it would be really light or cheap looking. turned out otherwise. it actually has a really nice weight to it, and the brushed metal look is to die for. apart from a little scratch (?) at the bottom, it was great overall. 

w0eTKol.jpg

Tev7r3o.jpg

another was this, a matte black stainless steel one. this is really nice as well, i also like it cuz its tall. 

nowi just cannot decide which one to use, since my sink is black would it look meh if my faucet is black as well? maybei should have just bought one lol

both taps are so pretty.. gold and black. 

On that small lil scratch at the bottom, u can get those 3M scourer scrub like this one: http://www.scotch-brite.com.sg/3M/en_SG/scotch-brite-sg/tools/~/Multipurpose-Scourers-622?N=4337+3294238222+3294529204&rt=rud

Dab abit of wd40 and sort of scrub lightly (to test first) it the outwards direction. it works for some of my metal products. Try it lightly first, if the coating too light the colour might become chrome-ish. 

Edited by Clarence Lye

On 9/15/2017 at 10:39 AM, Clarence Lye said:

both taps are so pretty.. gold and black. 

On that small lil scratch at the bottom, u can get those 3M scourer scrub like this one: http://www.scotch-brite.com.sg/3M/en_SG/scotch-brite-sg/tools/~/Multipurpose-Scourers-622?N=4337+3294238222+3294529204&rt=rud

Dab abit of wd40 and sort of scrub lightly (to test first) it the outwards direction. it works for some of my metal products. Try it lightly first, if the coating too light the colour might become chrome-ish. 

thanks for the cleaning tips, will definitely get WD40 ready. any idea how to clean cement, paint & putty stains off walls & floors? im going to forgo the acid/chemical wash that is often included with every reno. heard horror stories about how existing grouting would disappear and a regrout would be necessary and i really dont want to go thru the hassle. my flooring is already done and im happy with the grouting so far. so im going to just do the cleaning myself. 

17 hours ago, matchalatte said:

thanks for the cleaning tips, will definitely get WD40 ready. any idea how to clean cement, paint & putty stains off walls & floors? im going to forgo the acid/chemical wash that is often included with every reno. heard horror stories about how existing grouting would disappear and a regrout would be necessary and i really dont want to go thru the hassle. my flooring is already done and im happy with the grouting so far. soim going to just do the cleaning myself. 

haha to be honest i did try cleaing, scrubbing and it doesn't work.

the other time when there's cupboard laid on my kitchen floor, it got wet and etc.. it has now stained my grout and it became brownish-yellow.
So there was this week i went down and scrub and wash the toilet floor, kitchen floor.. doesn't help!! :~

i think chemical wash will easily remove all these off.

for cleaning of paint, just buy a bottle of thinner and use a cloth or clothes that you dont want
for cleaning of cement, putty, you will need to buy a plastic scrapper or metal scrapper. i use it together with a screw driver to knock it (sort of like you wanna chip it off), then wipe off with wet cloth or thinner.
for cleaning of grout, i tried those grout cleaner - doesnt work for my stained grout cause by the cupboard paper.. :help:

7 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

haha to be honest i did try cleaing, scrubbing and it doesn't work.

the other time when there's cupboard laid on my kitchen floor, it got wet and etc.. it has now stained my grout and it became brownish-yellow.
So there was this week i went down and scrub and wash the toilet floor, kitchen floor.. doesn't help!! :~

i think chemical wash will easily remove all these off.

for cleaning of paint, just buy a bottle of thinner and use a cloth or clothes that you dont want
for cleaning of cement, putty, you will need to buy a plastic scrapper or metal scrapper. i use it together with a screw driver to knock it (sort of like you wanna chip it off), then wipe off with wet cloth or thinner.
for cleaning of grout, i tried those grout cleaner - doesnt work for my stained grout cause by the cupboard paper.. :help:

Think you might need to get tiler to remove grouting and re-grout in order to remove the stain. I had a similar experience.....with cardboard also.

13 hours ago, fingerscrosssaid:

Think you might need to get tiler to remove grouting and re-grout in order to remove the stain. I had a similar experience.....with cardboard also.

sobbsoob.. noooo..!!! :bangwall: