Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

i need help! i received a quotation and under the plumbing works theres a charge for installation of storage heater, $200. when you buy storage heaters is installation normally included by the shop? also, all these installation of mirror, vanity cabinet, rainshower, towel rack, toilet bowl, they're all itemized and charged separately? really comes up to quite abit :(

my id charge me for installation of instant heater and plumbing...

Supply labour to install 2 sets of Toilet accessories

Supply labour to install 2 nos. toilet sitting bowl & Shower Mixer, Spray Jet , Basin & Taps

Supply labour & material to run (2 no. )piping ( cold water piping only )

Supply labour to install ( 2 no. ) instant heater only

Supply labour to install 1 nos. of kitchen sink & taps

Edited by fifteenmay

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@spooky hmm ok thanks! i'm looking at brands like joven or ariston, maybe i need to ask places like hoe kee & sim siang choon? because they carry them.  @fifteenmay thanks, very nice of you to list the items out! so its normal to itemize all these? there are also inlet & outlet valve thingy which i'm not sure what those are. 

4 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

@spooky hmm ok thanks! i'm looking at brands like joven or ariston, maybe i need to ask places like hoe kee & sim siang choon? because they carry them.  @fifteenmay thanks, very nice of you to list the items out! so its normal to itemize all these? there are also inlet & outlet valve thingy which i'm not sure what those are. 

i think if storage heater for 2 piping, for hot and cold... so maybe price different... thats why my rainshower mixer couldnt work with my instant heater..:unsure:

On 3/16/2017 at 9:54 PM, fifteenmay said:

i think if storage heater for 2 piping, for hot and cold... so maybe price different... thats why my rainshower mixer couldnt work with my instant heater..:unsure:

did you manage to sell away your rainshower? i hope you did! keeping my fingers crossed i wont have any taobao booboos but who knows...

1 minute ago, matchalatte said:

did you manage to sell away your rainshower? i hope you did! keeping my fingers crossed i wont have any taobao booboos but who knows...

nope not yet..:~ 

double/triple check with your id on what you planning to buy.. 

after meeting so many contractors and some IDs, they're all saying different things! making me even more confused than ever. 

1. cooking at service yard - some say can, some say cannot. some say if manage to get permit from HDB/PE engineer to hack the service yard wall it means HDB will take it that your whole area is a kitchen so they dont care where you put the stove. another contractor said even though you hack the service yard wall you still cannot put the stove there.

2. sink at island counter - some say doable but the piping that runs underground cannot be "elbow" type, the pipe needs to be welded shut so the water wont leak and the ground doesnt get flooded. some say must depend on the height of the ground else if the water pipe is too big to be concealed it will protrude from the ground. another one says HDB totally doesnt allow piping to be concealed underground, had to show him that home & decor page where they featured many HDB island counters with sink. 

i suppose my project would be considered the "challenging" type, doing unconventional things that many people have not done. thats why many contractors cant really be bothered to come back with quotes because they dont really want to take up such projects LOL.

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

after meeting so many contractors and some IDs, they're all saying different things! making me even more confused than ever. 

1. cooking at service yard - some say can, some say cannot. some say if manage to get permit from HDB/PE engineer to hack the service yard wall it means HDB will take it that your whole area is a kitchen so they dont care where you put the stove. another contractor said even though you hack the service yard wall you still cannot put the stove there.

2. sink at island counter - some say doable but the piping that runs underground cannot be "elbow" type, the pipe needs to be welded shut so the water wont leak and the ground doesnt get flooded. some say must depend on the height of the ground else if the water pipe is too big to be concealed it will protrude from the ground. another one says HDB totally doesnt allow piping to be concealed underground, had to show him that home & decor page where they featured many HDB island counters with sink. 

i suppose my project would be considered the "challenging" type, doing unconventional things that many people have not done. thats why many contractors cant really be bothered to come back with quotes because they dont really want to take up such projects LOL.

Hi, Im not sure about item no 1. 

For item 2. Under HDB ruling, no hacking is to be done in kitchen and bathroom. But owner can submit for approval to conceal the 2" drainage pipe under your present kitchen flooring. I suppose there might be some undertaking. Correct me if i am wrong.

25 minutes ago, zph19101 said:

For item 2. Under HDB ruling, no hacking is to be done in kitchen and bathroom. But owner can submit for approval to conceal the 2" drainage pipe under your present kitchen flooring. I suppose there might be some undertaking. Correct me if i am wrong.

errr but if dont hack how to conceal the pipe under the flooring? i mean the water pipe, not drainage. shd be the inlet?

22 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

errr but if dont hack how to conceal the pipe under the flooring? i mean the water pipe, not drainage. shd be the inlet?

im not sure already.. need to seek advise from the experts

hi @matchalatte, i also wanted that island idea and put my sink there. For this to happen, the water pipe has to be concealed UNDERNEATH the flooring. One ID mentioned that HDB does not allow concealed piping. The other option is to pull the pipes from the top (omg so ugly). If you want to have the sink on the island, probably have to do the "by left" way. I'm not sure if HDB allows - haven't check that independently :(

3 hours ago, matchalatte said:

Regarding the cooking at service yard, I did see an official HDB page on its website that stated installing a hob in the service yard isn't permitted (no mention of wall hacking). That means no need to even apply for a permit; it was an outright no. That's why I gave up the idea even though I considered it. That was perhaps a year ago though. I just tried to look for the website link again but I couldn't find it, strange. Maybe regulations have changed?

Edited by spooky

8 hours ago, BudgetLP said:

hi @matchalatte, i also wanted that island idea and put my sink there. For this to happen, the water pipe has to be concealed UNDERNEATH the flooring. One ID mentioned that HDB does not allow concealed piping. The other option is to pull the pipes from the top (omg so ugly). If you want to have the sink on the island, probably have to do the "by left" way. I'm not sure if HDB allows - haven't check that independently :(

my id told me that if you do the by left method, u might need to restore things before u sell your house next time cos hdb officer might suka suka check..i do know that hdb officer needs to come down to check the windows before u can sell your flat so if that hdb officer is the by the books one see it, might ask u to reinstate

2 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

my id told me that if you do the by left method, u might need to restore things before u sell your house next time cos hdb officer might suka suka check..i do know that hdb officer needs to come down to check the windows before u can sell your flat so if that hdb officer is the by the books one see it, might ask u to reinstate

Ya I heard that too! But the flat I'm getting has barely 60 years left so I think the odds of me finding another buyer is close to impossible haha. Ya but I agree that should be one the considerations to take into account! 

17 hours ago, zph19101 said:

Er, I only read no hacking of flooring in bathroom, have not seen anything about kitchen. I will be asking for removal of the windows and door at the kitchen/SY part, so I will be submitting that for approval. Thought of having the whole wall hacked, but then I was told the warranty on the flooring for both kitchen and SY will be gone, so decided to to remove the windows and doors only.

@matchalatte since you are a baker, what build-in oven are you getting? I am still deliberating on which one should I get and don't seem to be able to make up my mind! LOL! I don't have one at the moment but would like to have it in my upcoming BTO flat, so really looking around, and asking around... Most of my friends say Bosch.

for service yard, as far as i know stove cannot be there even if hacked the wall.

for the concealed piping, without hacking, it could be concealed with overlay of existing flooring tiles? i have seen some tblogs here where they concealed piping in flooring as well.