Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha..

I am away for holiday during the reno phase now..

hope mr k is doing a good job in my absence.

oh..some of my reno pic here.

jeromettt.multiply.com

Hi bubblepearl,

At the end of the day, T&Cs are just that. Just like those when you install a software on your computer. Only install if you trust them. Futhermore, if you do not like the phrases that is put in, you can always ask them to alter it and counter sign. It may take a while longer, though.

Generally, if any contractors are facing a law suit, they would stop any work at the place concerned. Even if it is not in the contract, he/she can delay the whole project with excuses ranging from workers not free to weather is too bad.

I believe, you should trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable with the person you are working with, then you should walk away, no matter how much 'lower' the price is compared to others. At the end of the day, it is a rapport. Think long term - during the renovation (whether he/she accomodates your requests for modifications), after the renovation (whether he/she is willing to rectify faults without hesitation), even longer term (whether you would recommend this person to your friends).

One thing not mentioned most of the time is the after reno service. If the contractor has a good and honest profit margin, he/she is more willing to do stuff for you free of charge. This is interesting cause I asked my contractor to Paint the outside of the window ledge during the reno (it was an eye sore with the old paint and painting only covers the interior, not exterior.) She did it, naturally, and put it in the Additional work done invoice. Price - FOC.

Also, when we call her, she's ready to answer or call back quickly - instead of trying to evade the calls.

I read the T&C of my contract, and generally, it was not favourable to me. For example, 50% of monies to be paid when materials are delivered. To me, it is nonsense cause what the **** am I supposed to do with all this material without anyone to lay them? But it is a risk that I took believing that she will do a proper job.

Also, contractors and contracting firms are two different entities. Just like a law firm, lawyers and law firms are seperate entities. There are good and bad contractors in the same firm. Just like in a law firm. Even if the firm is reputedly sound, any one contractor can be a black sheep. So, if a contractor leaves the firm in the middle of reno, it may be difficult for his colleague to pick it up unless they work together and have shared commission.

Ok, hope it helps.

Regards.

I fully agree with whoyouare. Afterall, whether contractor or the firm needs to make some profit just like you and me working to make a leaving. Certainly, it is individual character to work things out. Many times it is the chemistry between the owner and the contractor to make things happen. I believe given the chance, every contractor would like to give their best so that you can praise their service and recommend more clients to them. Whereas, the owner, would like to have cheap price, good stuff, best service, etc. But as a human, putting ourselves in their shoe, they are also human. Is it possible? Every thing come with a price. If we had squeeze their profit till impossible, how to give good stuff, good service. Besides, it is sometime also dependent on timing. At a certain period, the best contractor, when cling too many deals, how do we expect them to split themselve and concentrate on so many things. Turn around if you meet a downtime contractor, you will always find him very positive (everything ok). Be a smart owner, other than price which should be reasonable (if too low usually means something wrong), I won't go for famous, highly recommended ID or contractor as they cannot concentrate on my project. We should always strike a balance in between (zhong yong zhi tao)

just came back from overseas, and was very please with the work done by Mr K,

some minor issues here and there, but Mr K very willing to help. thumbs up to him..

handling over is either tomorrow or Sat..

make it just in time before 7th month :dancingqueen: haha

Hi... I got the quotation from Mr K already. The total reno cost is 23k (3rm resale) without re-wiring and is free 20ft kitchen cabinet. I actually saw from his website there is free Mitsubishi system 3 aircon too but he told me that 1 must be sign two package. Is that true? Can advise?

My friend whom recommended his contractor to me few months back also bought a resale in AMK. Nothing free but with 20K, they included 1 to 3 Air con, 20ft kitchen cabinet, 2 Wardrobe, tiling, painting electrical and plumbing. So at 23K to give either free air con or kitchen cabinet is not surprising as they have already computed in the costing.

Mr K away for holiday for this week..

after completing my project, haha..

also, he will be busy with his own house reno soon.

catch him fast before he get too tied up again..

after completing my project, haha..

also, he will be busy with his own house reno soon.

catch him fast before he get too tied up again..

then u know when will he be back?

so he is making use of the 7th month to go for holiday ?? No one want to start their reno now...

just came back from overseas, and was very please with the work done by Mr K,

some minor issues here and there, but Mr K very willing to help. thumbs up to him..

handling over is either tomorrow or Sat..

make it just in time before 7th month :deal: haha

hi can share your pictures with us please?

thanks ! :notti: