Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi there..

actually, if the terms and conditions inserted by the ID/contractors are to protect their interests, then homeowners are also entitled to insert agreed upon T&Cs in the contract.....

you are entitled to discuss with your IDs/contractors on certain agreed upon terms and to have these terms included in the contract to protect YOUR interests, such as handover date, schedule of work to be completed, whether contracted works can be cancelled if they have not started and whether there is any cancellation penalty....

how did the contracts of IDs/contractors come to have so many T&Cs?

i believe that over the years, they had bad experiences which they were liable/not covered/responsible, so as they accumulate more experiences (especially those unfavourable to them), they have refined their T&Cs to cover for these circumstances...of course, that's not to say all T&Cs are to the disadvantage of the homeowners....

bottom line is, read the fine print, and if you are not comfortable, negotiate further...otherwise..find another ID/contractor..

after you have gone through a renovation, with hindsight, you will realise that by putting your terms in black and white in writing and signed (eg: handover date to be agreed upon up front) your position is more secured in the event of a dispute...

just my 2 cents worth...:sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi... any1 used Ideal Home b4? mind to share ur quote and photo?

Hi.. sorry. is ideal house id. :)

Hi happyday, there are many ppl here using mr k. but he is a busy man.

i have approach another salesperson at ideal house the last time. he is a nice person and we almost gave him the deal. if u need his contacts, please PM me for his details. :)

Hi happyday, there are many ppl here using mr k. but he is a busy man.

i have approach another salesperson at ideal house the last time. he is a nice person and we almost gave him the deal. if u need his contacts, please PM me for his details. :)

Hi... I got the quote from Mr K.... Tonite going to meet him to discuss abt the quote. Is there any freebies given from Ideal House? Is there any hidden cost incurred on top of the quote?

Hi... I got the quote from Mr K.... Tonite going to meet him to discuss abt the quote. Is there any freebies given from Ideal House? Is there any hidden cost incurred on top of the quote?

My package came with 20ft kitchen cabinet... I should say there was no hidden cost...

My last quote with them (before CNY) is free 20ft kitchen cabinet, kitchen sink & tap, and kitchen hob & hood. Sounds good isnt it? But in the end my contract is not awarded to them. :lol:

My package came with 20ft kitchen cabinet... I should say there was no hidden cost...

hi HSH21 ur ID is from ideal house? how much is your reno?

hi HSH21 ur ID is from ideal house? how much is your reno?

Yes... Mr K...It is $33K...

Edited by HSH21

hihi...

i find that he is very gd up til now...

No complaint on him... i will recommend him... :dancingqueen:

He nv fail to revert to me when i keep asking him qns... (i have non stop qns to ask him)

He offered help and give suggestion...

No matter how late, we wan to find him, he will meet us... (we choose location somemore, he nv complaint)

He will redraw my 3D many many times and nv complaint, he will say "that is wat i should do"

we r very troublesome ppl... and Mr K still can ta han us... haha...

think there are many more like him outside... so juz hope that everyone shall meet the right person.

It is hard to judge a person anyway...

Wat i can say is "so far so gd"

Mine is also from Ideal house though its not with Mr K. My reno is still going on as we asked for a slower pace. No hurry to move in yet. When we took the package its with 20ft kitchen cabinet, free kitchen sink and tap and free hob and hood. Now I heard the freebies have changed.

So far am very satisfied with their work. Me and hubby have one thousand and one changes and questions but id has always answered us promptly even when its late at nite...hehe. My id also always revert to us when there is any prob or just an enquiry. Can refer to my t-blog for details.

To me I don't find any problems with the 21 day thing as we told him to draft a few revised qoutations and redate it again...haha!!

Mine is also from Ideal house though its not with Mr K. My reno is still going on as we asked for a slower pace. No hurry to move in yet. When we took the package its with 20ft kitchen cabinet, free kitchen sink and tap and free hob and hood. Now I heard the freebies have changed.

So far am very satisfied with their work. Me and hubby have one thousand and one changes and questions but id has always answered us promptly even when its late at nite...hehe. My id also always revert to us when there is any prob or just an enquiry. Can refer to my t-blog for details.

To me I don't find any problems with the 21 day thing as we told him to draft a few revised qoutations and redate it again...haha!!

where is ur t blog?

hi can anyone give me Mr. K email and contact? is there a website for Ideal House?

oh... I am unable to PM U... your mail box is full ??

• Like 1

oh... I am unable to PM U... your mail box is full ??

Yeah, Kitty pm me as well but i cant reply...but she did leave her personal email address.

Errr...dat T&C hor...end up i nv sign also :dancingqueen: K told me dat T&C is only useful if we end up fighting, lol. I was the one who reminded him dat i haven sign the T&C yet cos he already started work & he told me, its ok, if he kenna chased, he will ask me to sign else actually the T&C is only paperwork.

I tink, i would advise all ppl to only sign with IDs u r comfy with. If u read the T&C but u dun feel safe, then dun sign. If u tink its ok, then sign. Looking for IDs sometimes, its abt luck. There r ppl who go thru 20 IDs but still end up with a headache one. Juz take ur time to search, communicate with the IDs then decide who u can work with, who u can depend on.

HSH21, i emailed kitty already but i nv forward my quote to her yet cos in my office pc, lol...