Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Good day to everyone,

After seeing and reading so many blogs and posts in RenoTalk, we got really excited over my new home's renovation and wish to contribute our share of home renovation progress to everyone.

We will be sharing our experiences, findings, ideas...everything under the sun! Hopely we can get to meet some new friends and exchange pointers.

Home Specification:

Location - Bedok Reservoir

Type - 4 Room Flat (Corner)

Sq Area - 93

Floorplan.gif

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi... congrate to your new house...have U got your ID ?? Happy reno...

No ID...My wife and I will be the "designers", we believe the achievement and satisfaction will be greater!

No ID...My wife and I will be the "designers", we believe the achievement and satisfaction will be greater!

WOW... can't wait to see the makeover...

reno_cement.jpg

Went for an inspection on our renovation-in-progress home on wednesday and saw quite a number of workers working. The walls are super smooth which I think the lizards-in-residence will be using my wall as a skating ring. I suspect the workers are using SK-II water to wipe my walls or to mix with the cement...haha. Thumbs up for the wall-smoothing!

As for the floor....erm....er.....I do not know how to describe my feeling. The cement screet is completed but waiting for it to dry before I can see the final effect...so i think the final outcome will be either I love it or hate it. Keeping our fingers crossed!:notti:

Hi Sumobear,

Your house is 20+ yrs liao huh? May i know how much is your total damage?

Damage??? hmmm...not so sure at the moment but I think I am hitting 30K, reno is abt 24K.

Hi sumobear, all the best to your reno!! So which contractor did you get?

Well...I dun have a budget for an ID firm and anyway I also dun believe in them. I found a contractor and I will do the design myself! I have engaged TT Design & Renovation and so far I am quite happy with the service...very fast and sometimes it is tough for me to catch up the pace.

Hi Hi... so did the both of you draw everything out according to dimension since you guys don't have an ID?

Hi,

Well I will not claim all the credits that we are the ones who do the design and specification for the house because the contractor will play a part in advising you what to do, and after all he is paid to provide such service to you.

The possible problem with contractor is that he may not have good sense of aesthetics. But sometimes you maybe lucky to bump into a contractor who may have worked with ID firm before and provides you with a few cents of knowledge of design.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT...you must never make assumption that your contractor knows what you want because you only get to know him not long and he is unable to read your mind.

reno_electric.jpg

Stayed up late last night to do planning and drawing for the lighting points and woke up early today morning to do proper measurement and marking on site. It is tiring and brain-whacking.

It is a GREAT DIFFERENCE between planning using floor plan and on-site planning...the measurements varies but floor plan planning do help me to speed up my work today morning. Upon the completion of my marking around 9am, both my contractor and electrician walked in...and they helped me to see my point plotting and give me advices.

Good tools to bring along when doing marking:

1) Measuring Tape - Most IMPORTANT!

2) Masking Tape - To plot the points of lighting or furniture size, easier to visualise the result

3) Calculator - Don't stress yourself with numbers!

4) List of furniture specification - Helps you to position your lightings or power points.

5) Pencils - To do marking.