Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Hi Joy,

Come to think of it, the kitchen setting was inspired by a children craft magazine by Martha Steward. I visualised my kitchen as a "Happy Kitchen". Generally my home colours will be the pastel range and I will create a contrast with bold colour accessories or furnitures.

You have a great home! Browsed through your blog and realised that we have alot of things in common like the passion of fabrics and doing craftworks. I am planning to DIY some stuffs for my home...like converting a retro chair to a side table, canvas murals, lamp shades and table lamp.

hi sumobear,

i think u mistook someone else's blog as mine? it could be mist u are talking about. hehe. i am still in the midst of home reno. wow! that would be a lot of DIY stuff and this will make your home a more personalized space! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi sumobear,

i think u mistook someone else's blog as mine? it could be mist u are talking about. hehe. i am still in the midst of home reno. wow! that would be a lot of DIY stuff and this will make your home a more personalized space! :sport-smiley-018:

Oops...my apologies...got confused between the blogs online. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by sumobear

track lights? What a co-incidence...we're installing a tracklight with 5 halogen bulbs in our living room too 'cos the ceiling fan's where the ceiling light should be. Bought it 7 years ago for my current place but didn't use it. :sport-smiley-018:

track lights? What a co-incidence...we're installing a tracklight with 5 halogen bulbs in our living room too 'cos the ceiling fan's where the ceiling light should be. Bought it 7 years ago for my current place but didn't use it. :sport-smiley-018:

Wah...5 halogen like abit hardcore, will you get burnt by it? I think can BBQ already.

So far I think my lighting formula consists of 5 x 1m track + 2 halogen, 1 x 3m track + 3 halogen, 1 x solo halogen.

I love prints! Bought this fabrics few months back...waiting for my home to be ready before I can have a space to start my craftworks. Total Damage = SGD$150 for 3 metres of fabrics.

hf_fabric01.jpg

Edited by sumobear

I love prints! Bought this fabrics few months back...waiting for my home to be ready before I can have a space to start my craftworks. Total Damage = SGD$150 for 3 metres of fabrics.

hf_fabric01.jpg

Nice fabric! what do you intend to do with them? By the way, where did U buy them from?

Nice fabric! what do you intend to do with them? By the way, where did U buy them from?

It this fabric to be made into CURTAINS??? It will definitely look cool with ur colour scheme.

My thoughts:

1) Frame it up as a canvas art

2) Make Lamp Shade

3) Sew a Bear

4) Cushion

I got them from PLUCK at Haji Lane...if I can still remember clearly, they should be imported from UK! The material is very good.

Something went wrong today and in fact it happens since yesterday. I have a feeling that something bad is about to happen since yesterday, felt really uneasy and could not sleep well yesterday. Woke up really early today and decided to drop by to check on the renovation status and true enough that things went wrong, the workers had mounted all my bathroom fixtures wrongly even with proper instructions and markings. I am real upset over it. In the end I rang my contractor to express my unhappiness with his waterwork workers and he told me that he will provide me with a satisfactory answer and will fine tune the mistakes.

Master Bedroom's Toilet

- Towel Rod mounted at wrong position and have intersected into the space for my mirror.

Common Toilet

- Basin's mounting has mis-aligned.

- Clothes hanging pegs mounted at wrong position.

****...my sixth sense is so deadly! Arghhh...I simply hate things that are mis-aligned! :S

reno_waterworks.jpg

This is the part where you will see the true colours of ur ID or CONTRACTORS. Whether will they be responsible enough to redo what have gone wrong or will they just be NATO.

Something went wrong today and in fact it happens since yesterday. I have a feeling that something bad is about to happen since yesterday, felt really uneasy and could not sleep well yesterday. Woke up really early today and decided to drop by to check on the renovation status and true enough that things went wrong, the workers had mounted all my bathroom fixtures wrongly even with proper instructions and markings. I am real upset over it. In the end I rang my contractor to express my unhappiness with his waterwork workers and he told me that he will provide me with a satisfactory answer and will fine tune the mistakes.

Master Bedroom's Toilet

- Towel Rod mounted at wrong position and have intersected into the space for my mirror.

Common Toilet

- Basin's mounting has mis-aligned.

- Clothes hanging pegs mounted at wrong position.

****...my sixth sense is so deadly! Arghhh...I simply hate things that are mis-aligned! :S

reno_waterworks.jpg

sumo.. you very good..6th sense working very well.. got 4D inspiration or not? Need more $$ for reno..Haha..Just joking.. hope your contractor will change everything back to you satisfaction..if not :bangwall:

Oh no...I think I am getting abit stress up or should I say that I am in the blues because of renovation...mentally drained from thinking what to do every moment.

For the time being I am just going putting the issue of the toilet accessories a side and wait till the contractor give me an answer. Gave him a nasty feedback.

As for now, I am required to decide how I want my kitchen cabinet to be constructed and what are the paint colors that I want for the rooms. I do not feel inspired to choose a right color right now, maybe because I am losing focus or cannot make up my mind. Tomorrow is the deadline to finalise the design details...

Did the kitchen layout planning last night but I am not quite happy with it yet.

reno_kitchen.jpg

Heheh...I know exactly how you feel :dancingqueen: Sometimes, it's frustrating when you hit a road block...other times, when you've untied the knot, it's really exhilarating! :P My design's at my t-blog...Good luck. :(