Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The pink wall is sooo sweet!8| & ca have another photot to see your whole wardrobe? Thanks!

Yes it is very sweet and soft looking but I am planning to do something to balance the softness. For the wardrobe, you can refer to my older post for a more detailed picture. It is a sliding door wardrobe so can only show half.

Hi Sumobear...saw ur KDK fan! Is it 3 blade? How much u bought it and from where? Do u think cooling eluff?

Yes it is a 3 blade fan...cannot remember the price and address becozs we bought it long before our reno, its less than 200 and it is from a warehouse opposite of Honda Showroom at Ubi.

Phase 1, renovation, will be completed on this coming friday. So far so good for most of the things except for the flooring....oh gosh, hope it will be well-finished.

Phase 2, home fashion runway, is going to commence soon and I will be having some home stylists aka friends to come in. Will be busy doing up the home with prints, artifacts, furnishing, DIYs and others.

sumobear,

nice .... i like the colours u have chosen.

Your kitchen is what i would like to have... still pondering whether to have red, yellow or orange.

May i know what type of worktop have u chosen for the kitchen?

So nice....

Went to take a peek at the renovation yesterday evening and we are so happy and surprised to see more things done up especially the kitchen...the design that I have been visualising in my mind for weeks turns out to be the same exactly, our smiles are from ear to ear! We have a happy kitchen! The lab sink is so nice. Very eager to see the completed kitchen with the water tap and solid surface mounted on this coming week.

Our lightings and fan are done but I do need the dimmers to soften the light as the track lights are too bright that they wash out my wall colour.

The wardrobe in our MBR is also completed and there is a pull out mirror but I am not sure if we should have a grip to move the sliding door...Mrs Sumobear ska Little Bear is complaining that it kind of difficult to slide as the surface is too smooth to hold on.

Hey sumobear very nice! the cabinet colours really matches ur yellow tiles :bath: wad colour is your solid surface?

so u source for all the contractors and project manage yourself? any problems co-ordinating the plumber/gas guy/ electrician with the carpentry and tiling?

Hey sumobear very nice! the cabinet colours really matches ur yellow tiles 8| wad colour is your solid surface?

so u source for all the contractors and project manage yourself? any problems co-ordinating the plumber/gas guy/ electrician with the carpentry and tiling?

Hi Mist & Tinkle,

I am going to have a light grey marble looking solid surface, it will be ready by wednesday and will post more pictures to update everyone.

For the renovation work, I have engaged a contractor to everything for me but except for the window grilles because my contractor charge me very expensive. As for the design like kitchen cabinet and lighting, I did it personally because contractor's design sense is limited. I have to do sketches, technical drawings and photos to show him in because I cannot afford to do things based on assumption. So far my contractor enjoy working with me and love my home alot because it is very rare in term of my specification. We have learnt quite a bit from each another.

Hi HomeOwner,

Not to worry...more pics will be posted once I step into the second phase of my home.

Love your colours esp the pink wall! Very cozy overall feeling 8|

Hi Air,

Pink is one of my wife's and my favourite colour and I am also inspired by the pink envelopes for chinese new year and wedding invitation cards. Generally the overall colour scheme for my home belongs to the pastel range. For the design and thoughts of the home, we are inspired by homes of bohemains and western countries...probably I can relate that kind of style as "Eclectic" that allows me to "rojak" different styles.

Something is troubling me and I am not sure what to do. My contractor's proposed handover date is this coming friday but there are something which I am not sure if I should accept.

My paint colour is wrong in the sense that it is lighter than what I have chosen. I have selected a ICI customised color paint but when the painter came, they brought the paint in Jotun containers and claimed that they are ICI but just in Jotun container. I am having doubt in them. What should I do? Should I press my contactor for the right colour?

Sigh...

Something is troubling me and I am not sure what to do. My contractor's proposed handover date is this coming friday but there are something which I am not sure if I should accept.

My paint colour is wrong in the sense that it is lighter than what I have chosen. I have selected a ICI customised color paint but when the painter came, they brought the paint in Jotun containers and claimed that they are ICI but just in Jotun container. I am having doubt in them. What should I do? Should I press my contactor for the right colour?

Sigh...

ICI paint in Jotun container???:dunno:

Please verify with ur ID!

ICI paint in Jotun container???:dunno:

Please verify with ur ID!

I feel kind of cheated but I am also not 100% sure about it because he kept trying very hard to convince me that it is just ICI paint butthey use Jotun container to can it. I felt that he has broken the trust that we have built and we are almost towards the end of renovation.

I did consulted my friend who has some experiences with paint and he told me that the paint colour chosen from paint chart should not have so much difference even if it is customised.

Don't really know much abt painting...but everyone I spoke with with painting experience says it is the norm for contractors to mix paint...that's why they can charge such low prices. My Dad once engaged a painting contractor to paint with premium paints that my Dad bought...and even then, the contractor brought his own paint and mixed them!:dunno::P

Don't really know much abt painting...but everyone I spoke with with painting experience says it is the norm for contractors to mix paint...that's why they can charge such low prices. My Dad once engaged a painting contractor to paint with premium paints that my Dad bought...and even then, the contractor brought his own paint and mixed them!:dunno::P

Does that means I have to somehow accept what I am given? I feel like I have requested for a better grade of paint and paid extra but in the end I not given the best result. Sigh...stood at my empty home and stare hard at the wall...thinking if the colour is ok...