Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xinyi_reiko

First Thing To See Is Dining Area

I guess you guys are pretty lucky for not directly letting dinning area to been seen.

Partition is a must eh. I read abt a partition is to retain the 'chi' in the house, be it 100% see through glass as partition or a full height wall or curtains.

I also read abt normal house should see living room first. But the HDB layout like that, we also cant do much. :) The only gd thing is mine is a point blk. Door close cannot see anything.

Edited by xinyi_reiko

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actully my dinning area is not directly at the main door as compare with my neighbour...anyway... I normally have meal in my kitchen... unless there are guest then I will have it in the living... so no one can see what I eat ....

ya, same as us. if there're guests then we'll use the dining table. if only hubby and me are eating then we'll use the kitchen wall mouted foldable table (bought from ikea). :notti:

dining is supposed to be something "personal/private".

thats why in olden days you wont walk into a house and see their dining area.

a guest is supposed to walk straight into a Living room which meant to welcome him, not the diningtable.

blast the hdb :notti::good::lol:

dining is supposed to be something "personal/private".

thats why in olden days you wont walk into a house and see their dining area.

a guest is supposed to walk straight into a Living room which meant to welcome him, not the diningtable.

blast the hdb :deal::dancingqueen::horse:

YES. Wack them. 8|8|

Cant be ppl place dining area beside the full length window right? So far i have not seen ppl doing that. :notti:

Actually my previous owner place the dining table at an corner that I will be turning into cosy area. If I follow the previous owner, I can only get a 4-sitter dining table. :(

YES. Wack them. :lol::)

Cant be ppl place dining area beside the full length window right? So far i have not seen ppl doing that. :bow:

Actually my previous owner place the dining table at an corner that I will be turning into cosy area. If I follow the previous owner, I can only get a 4-sitter dining table. :good:

i've seen a neighbour who stays opposite my block where they place their dining table beside the full length windows. :bow: which mean they convert their living room into dining room. :) but i feel a bit weird leh. :bow:

Below is my floor plan. Plan to put my dining table just next to kitchen. Although from the main door will go past living room first then reach my dining room, but will still be able to see the dining table straight from the corridor, is this no good.?

Dun really want to put any partition as feel that this wll make the house look smaller.

layoutxf9.jpg

i've seen a neighbour who stays opposite my block where they place their dining table beside the full length windows. :good: which mean they convert their living room into dining room. :P but i feel a bit weird leh. :bleah:

wow wow.. maybe they want to have a sky dining effect. :dancingqueen:

Below is my floor plan. Plan to put my dining table just next to kitchen. Although from the main door will go past living room first then reach my dining room, but will still be able to see the dining table straight from the corridor, is this no good.?

Dun really want to put any partition as feel that this wll make the house look smaller.

entrance cannot "chiong" directly to a diningtable.

guess you have no choice but to buy a partition( 屏风 $200-$300) and hide your diningtable behind at the corner.

are your windows = "bay windows" ? full height? then you need to do something about it too.

entrance cannot "chiong" directly to a diningtable.

guess you have no choice but to buy a partition( 屏风 $200-$300) and hide your diningtable behind at the corner.

are your windows = "bay windows" ? full height? then you need to do something about it too.

Looks like have no choice but to have some sort of a partition.

Bay windows in the bedrooms, living room full height windows. Care to elaborate on the "something" i need to do?

Looks like have no choice but to have some sort of a partition.

Bay windows in the bedrooms, living room full height windows. Care to elaborate on the "something" i need to do?

that corner near bedroom2 and baywindow is your FORTUNE PLACE.

all the good Qi cannot collect and will all go out thru the baywindows.

baywindows is a NONO if you believe in fengshui, need to cover the windows to about 1.2m height with solid wood.

alternatively , you may place those low cabinets against the windows.

that corner near bedroom2 and baywindow is your FORTUNE PLACE.

all the good Qi cannot collect and will all go out thru the baywindows.

baywindows is a NONO if you believe in fengshui, need to cover the windows to about 1.2m height with solid wood.

alternatively , you may place those low cabinets against the windows.

Hi MaCe, are u refering to corner A or B? Or non of the above? Btw, the windows at corner B is full height windows, so i guess cannot be this one right?

layout3sg9.jpg

What do u mean by all the good QI cannot collect and will all go thru the bay windows?

My baywindows should be something like this. Not really sure cos not yet got keys. Got this pic from one of fellow forumners blog who is from the same development.

baywindowvo4.jpg

Dun really understand what u mean by "need to cover the windows to about 1.2m height with solid wood." Are u refering to if the wall hollow in underneath the windows, need to cover that portion up with wood or low cabinets as u suggest.

Point B

thats not a baywindow.... :sport-smiley-004:

baywindow = full height condo style windows(no walls).

baywindow doesn't have to be full length (floor to ceiling). usually, there's a platform for you to sit near the bay window. :sport-smiley-004:

baywindow doesn't have to be full length (floor to ceiling). usually, there's a platform for you to sit near the bay window. :sport-smiley-004:

o...i got it wrong. paiseh. I was refering to that.

but usually it's 3/4 or full height.

then is there is word to definite a full height window?

o...i got it wrong. paiseh. I was refering to that.

but usually it's 3/4 or full height.

then is there is word to definite a full height window?