Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xinyi_reiko

First Thing To See Is Dining Area

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I wonder if is ok to see dining area first then living room when step in from the main door.

Please advice. Thanks. :notti:

ya, i guess it's ok. my fengshui master didn't say anything wrong about this type of layout. ours layout is seeing the dining room then the living room. :dunno:

ya, i guess it's ok. my fengshui master didn't say anything wrong about this type of layout. ours layout is seeing the dining room then the living room. :dunno:

Thanks. :jawdrop:

I guess nowadays HDB layout is pretty longish. :notti:

Thanks. zz

I guess nowadays HDB layout is pretty longish. :good:

ya, ours is the longish and rectangular type. :dunno: we prefer to be in this shape! more spacious than the square shape. :jawdrop:

anyway, nowadays usually see dining room first then living room. right? :notti:

ya, ours is the longish and rectangular type. :dunno: we prefer to be in this shape! more spacious than the square shape. :jawdrop:

anyway, nowadays usually see dining room first then living room. right? :notti:

i also remembered seeing my friend's house like that. :good:

i also remembered seeing my friend's house like that. :notti:

maybe only older hdb flats are the opposite way. living room first then dining room. :dunno:

this is problem with hdb's brainless architects....

it's wrong to have dining room in the front and livingroom at the back.

when Qi enters your house, it's the livingroom that needs to collect.

for my case, we have to convert the diningroom into a studyroom plus other partitions/stuffs so as let the qi flow straight to the rear(living room).... :thumbs up: this kind of money shouldnt have been waste should the architects just stick to the conventional layout of a house.

for my case, we have to convert the diningroom into a studyroom plus other partitions/stuffs so as let the qi flow straight to the rear(living room).... !! this kind of money shouldnt have been waste should the architects just stick to the conventional layout of a house.

that's why i hate hdb flats. really very brainless in many ways. :bangwall:

for my case, we have to convert the diningroom into a studyroom plus other partitions/stuffs so as let the qi flow straight to the rear(living room).... :bangwall: this kind of money shouldnt have been waste should the architects just stick to the conventional layout of a house.

hi hi, i m newbee in this forum, just started reno of my flat in punggol, it has the same layout, ie. dining area 1st then the living room, my feng shui master advised to add a partition between the dining n living area...not sure how the Qi can enter the living rm now...from the window???

anyway, nowadays usually see dining room first then living room. right? ;)

Ya mine also like that... yesterday happen to look inside my neighbour's house.. and saw them having dinner...

Edited by HSH21

Ya mine also like that... yesterday happen to look inside my neighbour's house.. and saw them having dinner...

ya lor. i'm unsure about condo. i saw some condo dining room is at one corner but you don't get to see the dining room from the main door. usually, the condo foyer is slightly longer. :unsure:

I ever heard my FS master say tat it is not nice to see what is on your dining table,

tat is yr dining area from corridor. Cos ppl will tends to share yr luck. Its betta to

hv yr dining table placed in such a way tat passer bys cannot see...

I dunno how true it is. But if there is really no choice, then perhaps a partition or something

else can helps! :)

I ever heard my FS master say tat it is not nice to see what is on your dining table,

tat is yr dining area from corridor. Cos ppl will tends to share yr luck. Its betta to

I dunno how true it is. But if there is really no choice, then perhaps a partition or something

else can helps! :)

Ya... my neighbour is having a partition between the dinning table and the main door..I can see they are having meal but can't see what they are eating ....

else can helps! :thumbs up:

although my dining room is nearer to the main door but the dining table is blocked by my bomb shelter therefore people outside the corridor cannot see what are on the dining table. maybe they can only see the dining chairs. :)

although my dining room is nearer to the main door but the dining table is blocked by my bomb shelter therefore people outside the corridor cannot see what are on the dining table. maybe they can only see the dining chairs. :)

Actully my dinning area is not directly at the main door as compare with my neighbour...anyway... I normally have meal in my kitchen... unless there are guest then I will have it in the living... so no one can see what I eat ....

Edited by HSH21