Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luppy

Lovenest In Cck Ave 2

Hi all,

I'm new here and find this website very very useful....I'm getting a resale flat in CCK Ave 2 and have found a contractor to do my reno. Am also preparing for my wedding at the same time... *stress*

Anyone staying in that area? Any advise with reno and wedding?

All comments and advises are welcome :dancingqueen:

cheers!

luppy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome, luppy...just kaypoh around and read others' blog and the various sub-forums for ideas and info. :o Just post your questions and keep your fingers crossed that someone here knows the answer! :)

Hi all,

I'm new here and find this website very very useful....I'm getting a resale flat in CCK Ave 2 and have found a contractor to do my reno. Am also preparing for my wedding at the same time... *stress*

Anyone staying in that area? Any advise with reno and wedding?

All comments and advises are welcome :)

cheers!

luppy

Hihi Luppy, welcome!!

I'm in the same situation as you too. But i'm already in the midst of reno, ROM coming up. Alot of preps to do, photoshoot also coming up...very stressful yet excited at the same time.. :o

Hi hi to all.... thanks for the warmth welcome! :o

Am very worried about the reno... heard we have to see fengshui and get a good date to start the reno?? my reno due date is very tight :) i wonder if i can just start reno once i get my keys... any ideas?

Keys collection: 9th May 2007

Start of reno: 9th of May 2007 if possible

Target end date of reno: 2nd of June 2007 otherwise 8th of June

Cos my an chuang is on the 9th of June and i need everything to be ready by then...

Hi Luppy,

I guess many of us are in the same boat...busy with so many things at the same time. It is indeed stressful to have everything running concurrently but it will be fun and memorable. So relax and be cool... :o Cheers

erh u need to give some time for HDB defect list.. it may take a month and hard to rush them to do ur rectifications fast << many forumers have feedback on the delay of rectifications from HBD...

somemore if u consult fengshui master, its better to see the place with the fengshui master before going with ID/contractor... at least u will know what can be done or not.. and the ID/contractor can advise u later..

ur deadline quite tight also... i think those forumers with fengshui background for their place can advise better..

forgot to add, reno fastest also can be 4 working weeks to 2 months... faster then that i dont really see many forumers had feedback for less then a month unless not much works done..

Edited by Odielim

sumobear -- thanks :)

jessi -- yes, me the lup lup you know...hee

hehehe!! nice to see u here.. :o

i never really consult fengshui to get date for start of reno. i just see the lunar calendar that it's a good date to start reno and that date never clash with our zodiac then i start mine. :)

Odielim

- mine is a resale... do i still need to go through the defect process?

jessi

- hee nice to see you here too

- oh in that case hopefully at least between 9th - 11th of May is a good date for me to start reno...

The contractor say he can finish the reno within 3weeks cos we are not doing a lot except bathrooms and kitchen.... *crossed fingers*

Odielim

- mine is a resale... do i still need to go through the defect process?

jessi

- hee nice to see you here too

- oh in that case hopefully at least between 9th - 11th of May is a good date for me to start reno...

The contractor say he can finish the reno within 3weeks cos we are not doing a lot except bathrooms and kitchen.... *crossed fingers*

oops sorry.. alamak.. keep thinking of new standard flats.. sorry my fault :)

should be able to start early... hahaha

erh yeah but must let ur contractor know u got a deadline lor... reno sometimes can delay because of some things on site..

try to get him to give u black and white if he says can be 3 weeks, later more then 3 weeks, then .. hard to argue lor..

Welcome to renotalk luppy,

For ur reno if depends what u intend to do:

like for hacking is required then it will take a longer time. about one week plus to two. depends what u are hacking. like all the floor tiles and wall tiles and others?

for capentry work noramally they will used about 2 weeks to a month also depends on what u are doing.

lightings/air-con/electrical works this will required time also.

for reno issue well first of all what theme u want for your house? zen, modern, retro and many more.

if not sure wherethe u are looking into fengshui if yes it will be good to ask first before choosing the theme. as there will be some restrictions on the colors and other things.

then when all ur fengshui issue is done. then u can seek advise from ur contractor on what theme will suit ur house?

some things hope u can take note is the material u will be using and the quality of the products u are getting. Spend more time to source for a few quotes and compare. If u want to look out for only contractor then souce quotes all from them.

some quotes will look cheap some will look expensive. if u are in doubt on their quote feel free to write down here. experts here will help u out. odiem is also an expert here. :P

and go to their sites where renovation is still carry on and also where renovation had done up. U can see the differents between in the middle of reno and end of reno products. then u start to decide which contractor should u get.

workmanship play a major role and also wherethe u are comfortable to let the contractor whom u want to hire and reno ur house.

hope this can help u out. :)

Edited by Devilaz