Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luppy

Lovenest In Cck Ave 2

Hi hi to all.... thanks for the warmth welcome! :D

Am very worried about the reno... heard we have to see fengshui and get a good date to start the reno?? my reno due date is very tight ;) i wonder if i can just start reno once i get my keys... any ideas?

Keys collection: 9th May 2007

Start of reno: 9th of May 2007 if possible

Target end date of reno: 2nd of June 2007 otherwise 8th of June

Cos my an chuang is on the 9th of June and i need everything to be ready by then...

Hi luppy..congrats on your double happiness.. your schedule look a bit tight unless u not doing much reno.. u really have to press and track your contractor to meet the dateline,,cannot delay your an chuang date.. all the best..enjoy the process..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks to all for the concern....

Yeah...schedule is extremely tight for me cos there were delays while trying to get the house and the seller cannot move out earlier cos they haven't found a new home till recently.... sigh...

Odielim

- oh so in the contract got state when to finish the reno? so far only saw the quaotation that only indicates itemised prices...no date... i must go check it out

Ben3555

- yeah trying to keep our an chuang date, cannot delay anymore

all here are definitely more expert than me... will greatly appreciate all your feedback here... :D

as for my reno, the following is the brief description on what we have planned to do:

1. toilets only hack the floor tiles and change toilet accessories. Master toilet will have shower screen

2. kitchen; everything will change (tiles, floorings, cabinets)

3. hacking of wall between MBR and bedroom 2

4. WIW

5. tv fixtures

6. false ceilings in living room and MBR

7. shoe cabinet

8. floor lamination for all rooms

guess the above is able to get it done within 3 weeks right? If we keep going over to track what they have done, hopefully no hiccups....

what do you think?

all here are definitely more expert than me... will greatly appreciate all your feedback here... :D

as for my reno, the following is the brief description on what we have planned to do:

1. toilets only hack the floor tiles and change toilet accessories. Master toilet will have shower screen

4. WIW

5. tv fixtures

7. shoe cabinet

guess the above is able to get it done within 3 weeks right? If we keep going over to track what they have done, hopefully no hiccups....

what do you think?

unless your contractor work every day without delay, u can confirm your electrical and carpentry early.. carpentry will take at least 2 weeks for fabrication... electrical will take 1 to 2 days and still got painting.. I think some of the experts here can give u a better assessment.. but i think really tight..

thanks to all for the concern....

Yeah...schedule is extremely tight for me cos there were delays while trying to get the house and the seller cannot move out earlier cos they haven't found a new home till recently.... sigh...

Odielim

- oh so in the contract got state when to finish the reno? so far only saw the quaotation that only indicates itemised prices...no date... i must go check it out

Ben3555

- yeah trying to keep our an chuang date, cannot delay anymore

all here are definitely more expert than me... will greatly appreciate all your feedback here... :)

hmmm.... changing of toilet accessories will affect the wall tiles too. unless there arent any drilling from the pervious owner?

intend to change the whole pipings? both toilets and kitchen?

how about Construct shower kerb? or it is already in there?

dont forget about the inlet and outlet of ur kitchen sink. will u be getting hot and cold or just onli cold? also ur washer pipings.

how about washer and fridge base? not sure u have balcony or not.

4. WIW

indeed will make the whole area looks bigger. But if u intend to install air-con u will need consider about the BTU issues.

5. tv fixtures

7. shoe cabinet

what do you think?

3 weeks is possible. but ur renovation fees will be high. as their staff will need to stop on other sites and come to help u to meet ur target. therefore more manpower is needed. furthermore they need to order things from their suppliers and deliver within short notice this is increase in pricing too.

hmmm.... changing of toilet accessories will affect the wall tiles too. unless there arent any drilling from the pervious owner?

intend to change the whole pipings? both toilets and kitchen?

how about Construct shower kerb? or it is already in there?

all water piping will be changed. The current owner is very simple, they don have much deco or furnitures in their home... our contractor say can keep the toilet wall tiles cos is in very good condition and furthermore is homogenous tiles that they have changed. As for the shower kerb , he said he will make the toilet floor abit slanted to the hole, so the water will flow into it...

dont forget about the inlet and outlet of ur kitchen sink. will u be getting hot and cold or just onli cold? also ur washer pipings.

how about washer and fridge base? not sure u have balcony or not.

don't think i will be getting hot/cold water tap. washer pipings haven't really decide yet cos we haven't decide where to placed our washing machine... if you mean washer pipings for the washing machine....

The contractor will include the washer and fridge base for us. There's no service balcony in the kitchen unlike new houses now have it.

4. WIW

indeed will make the whole area looks bigger. But if u intend to install air-con u will need consider about the BTU issues.

wat's BTU?

Ben3555

- yeah, alot of ID told us is quite tight but some do say is possible to get everything done then

- as for the contractor we found, said is possible and he had done almost same reno within 2 weeks... amazing right? but no doubt we have to keep track of what they are doing closely...

storeberry

- congrats!

- how's your reno and wedding prep going?

Aircon layman terms - BTU is the power of run ur aircon - Devilaz help me on that.. hahahaha i think so that is what it means... :) not that good with aircon works

anyway, erh from what i see, urs reno quite normal schedule of the basic things that usually take four weeks, dont forget it will be quite intense since u have a tight deadline, usually the contractor have simple quotations but i think u should tell him that u have a deadline to finish but it might be a rush job for ur place... if u have time, try to monitor their works and press them quite tight..

if 3 weeks of reno, his fabrication of carpentry have to start before u start the reno? or the end of 1st week? :unsure: wow that is fast...have u measure the place already? on paper and on site? sometimes paper do not match on site :unsure: hee hee

are u changing the piping to copper or stainless steel? have u done light selections? materials for ur flooring? laminations? colours of ur painting of the place? electrical works? any points to move? additional points to add?

it can be quite stressful but it can be done..

good luck in ur reno...

ahh... thanks... never know that we need to check BTU for aircon.... pple only tell me which brand is good and which is not. I'm thinking of getting those recommended... I heard system 4 is not powerful, that's all I know and since we are merging 2 rooms to 1, we are getting system 3. That's what we have decided so far...

yeah, i agree, the deadline is extremely intensely tight and everyone has advised us to monitor as closely as possible to prevent slipping of the deadline.

i guess fabrication is to be done before we get the house key. We are now meeting up the contractor quite often to have discussion and also started looking for tiles and stuffs that he required, so that he can order and get ready before reno starts (that's what he said).

We have brought the contractor to the place to have a look and have a feel. Some parts we have taken measurements but i guess we have to go back again to take some other measurements since we have changed our design recently. Yeah, i do agree the design on paper is not accurate and the contractor did warn us on that.

well... we are changing to stainless steel, if i remembered correctly. We will also do lighting selection either this week or next. Materials for flooring, we have already selected the tiles we wanted but laminations wise we haven't select yet. Colours to paint our house is not selected yet as well. Electrical works, we have already told him we need 3 scv points and he has estimated how many points we need.

Guess these few weeks will be busy selecting the design and colors of the house so that he can order the materials and start preparing earlier. really stress and worried though... tentatively putting wedding stuffs on hold to settle the house first... sigh....

I already have wrinkles, now starting to get more manz....think i need plastic surgery after this if i strike toto/4D.... haa...

Hello Luppy, Don worry too much :good: u can post ur question here if u face any prob.

After the wetwork start, u have to tink for the color of ur areas, hopefully u have a theme in ur mind and ur contractor will go thru the materials selection with u.

Then start to look for the tiolet & kitchen accessories, furniture (esp bed frame) since u are going to marry soon.

U really have to knw wat to do the next step alway be prepare. :dunno:

Tips: In order to meet the dateline, u really must stress it to ur contractor and let him knw the dateline urgent.

And once u decided on something pls dont change too offen cos will delay their progress. ;)

Good Luck. :D

Thanks, Cantona7!

Agree with you... have to keep reminding the contractor of our deadline and also try not to change the design too often... we didn't actually change much though.

I have a problem now where i can imagine how my wiw and kitchen will look and what sorts of materials will give what sort of looks as well.... i see everyone seems so experience so knowledgable of what they are looking for...

sometimes is quite confusing because everyone is giving different opinions... so for me, am still bumping around to gather info and see how it goes...

btw, i read in the WIW forum mentioning that wood is not recommended cos is near toilet and is quite moisturising to the wiw but some say is ok. One way to tackle is to use the hippo thingy... so is wood actually suitable for wiw?

well ur contractor working with u in advance is good.. at least once started they can just continue.. constantly need to check on the things.. try to write things down for your sake in case later any discrepancy, u can show some proof, bring a camera and your touch light, most important things before the lightings are up.. especially u are working normal office hrs and go back to check your place late. Take photos of things that dont seems right and get back to contractor soonest possible. Black and white cant run and they will not able to tai chi n there :good:

most of us here had done our place so we just try to help out those who are going through reno.. its not easy but things will be alright.. dont fret too much.. i guess most of the forumers can help out.. ;)

after ur wedding, have a good rest, but dont forget the cleaning up... did u look for ur furnitures already? fridge? washer? bed? curtains?

wiw - usually not so advisable as ur clothing is exposed and the wood is exposed lor.. it might have fungi growing? i am not so sure with WIW as mine is a look alike.. :D hee hee

maybe others with WIW can help better :)

i believe things will be ok as long the contractor keep in constant contact :dunno:

If you are worried about humidity, home-fix sells reusuable dehumidifiers...think they're cheaper in the long run compared with the hippo thingy.

for WIW there are the wood kind and the pole system kind. if you prefer less woody, maybe can go for those pole system wardrobe?

Thanks, Cantona7!

Agree with you... have to keep reminding the contractor of our deadline and also try not to change the design too often... we didn't actually change much though.

I have a problem now where i can imagine how my wiw and kitchen will look and what sorts of materials will give what sort of looks as well.... i see everyone seems so experience so knowledgable of what they are looking for...

sometimes is quite confusing because everyone is giving different opinions... so for me, am still bumping around to gather info and see how it goes...

btw, i read in the WIW forum mentioning that wood is not recommended cos is near toilet and is quite moisturising to the wiw but some say is ok. One way to tackle is to use the hippo thingy... so is wood actually suitable for wiw?

We are also gong gong at first but with our id help and some friends feedback, I believe u will also be experience someday. :yeah:

I do hear in the forum some WIW do get moist but some dont, I think those donot get moist is becos their WIW are nt so near their toilet or the humid of the enviroment.

For my case, I don think mine is WIW cos we had a feature wall to cover it. :)

Kitchen design shall be quite standard but some are willing to spend more on it. ( I don knw abt ur case?)

Hi luppy, reno is have abit more to go, haven't install the panel curtain as a divider for the toilet & WIW. Wedding preparations should be okay, just need to set up a meeting with jie meis.

You can take a look at my blog, I have the pole system from Ikea for my WIW because its cheap & also my WIW is quite small. (was converted from a storeroom) Cheers!