Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

Maybe because of the prices of cars had dropped generally? And Fifi, you dumped in 20k for your car ar?? :yamseng: We only can afford 15K nia. Anymore, and we will be eating grass for a few months. :dunno:

Yup, there are of course good asian cars. Continential cars are heavier in general, and most of them 'jia you very dang'...

no lah... i havent got a car of my own yet... now i'm driving my father's car

but we did consider getting a car a yr back... and IF we dump 20k, the mthly installments still amt up to 400+ i tink if i din rem wrongly... and pls note it's only a normal korean/japanese car... not those high end ones...

still have not decided if we shd get or not... coz after calculations, it is still cheaper not to own a car :P

we'll see our needs and our assets after reno etc then will decide :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

one of the benefits of continental cars are the safety feature

i'm fortunate enough to have sat in most, and driven quite a few different ones

i'd say continental cars win hands down when it comes to stability and safety

but japanese cars win when it comes to FC, handling and 'fuss-freeness'

city driving, definitely japanese cars

but highway, esp high-speed, continental cars are good

korean cars are :dunno::P for me :yamseng:

that time got manual or auto license meh ?? i pass mine around that time as well ...

Ahnah, Getz is a good car with low FC....it is the top for lowest FC in the New Paper votes few years back...

I am working in Automotive line and lotsa of my koligs also feedback abt the low FC...

but we did consider getting a car a yr back... and IF we dump 20k, the mthly installments still amt up to 400+ i tink if i din rem wrongly... and pls note it's only a normal korean/japanese car... not those high end ones...

still have not decided if we shd get or not... coz after calculations, it is still cheaper not to own a car :P

we'll see our needs and our assets after reno etc then will decide :P

Ya lor, must count properly before deciding to get a house, especially now that you are getting house le. We also suay lar. We changed the car liao, then went for the balloting at HDB. Also never think that we can heng heng get a nice queue number. So, in the end, all comes together lor. New car, flat and wedding. Now I abit breathless liao. :P

korean cars are :(:) for me :dunno:

Yup, Korean cars like got many problems. My friend got a Kia some time back. A brand new one, not a second hand one. After 6 months, he went for servicing, then the workshop ppl tell him that his firewall got a hole!!

He went bk to Kia and make noise, and they mend the hole up for him. :yamseng:

Very pa liah right?

nowadays hard to find true friend ... most of them click to rich ppl only...

so when no $, this idiot so call "friend" will disappear..

from another angle, in more positive way, no $, can't go out .. how to meet friends (from previous experience) but when u meet some friends during your lowest time, then that is call real truth friends.

I agree....only when u are down and poor, then u will noe who are yr true friends and who are not!

still have not decided if we shd get or not... coz after calculations, it is still cheaper not to own a car :dunno:

we'll see our needs and our assets after reno etc then will decide :P

never mind, one at a time...we also finished our house etc then move on to get car .....so if we can do it you also can :yamseng:

heard from friends who drive getz, they can only get around 13km/litre

maybe their foot very heavy

but that's quite bad considering the cc of the getz :yamseng:

korean cars are :P:( for me :dunno:

I do agree tat Continental cars wins in terms of safety features and stability...bt FC definitely loses to Jap cars....

Its like tat, if u wanna something, u hv to lose something ($$$$)...

Though I work in Continental Automotive line...I still go for Jap cars as more practical for us and dun burn a hole in our wallets every mth...

Bt hor...everytime I got a chance to drive my company car, then switch bk to my own car...I always feel tat continental cars are of cos better to drive....hehehehe,....

i think its around $1500..last time i helped him to track but that was like a few years ago. maybe i go check wiht him again in case i got my numbers wrong and maluuu big time.

its with downpayment lar. 3-4 yrs ago the cars every ex. with the installment he is paying now he could have gotten a much better car. :) **** heart pain but wat to do? :P

Cars depreciates v fast....

but that's quite bad considering the cc of the getz :yamseng:

Mabbe auto ba....my friends all get manual ones and they are getting 15km/litre...

Sometimes also depends on the way the driver drives...

no problem so far ... cause my max speed is 80km only ..

acutally go for manual is better .. cause if you wan to drive in certain country .... they might be still using manual gear over there (Car Rental).

Btw ... even dun need to bother abt the clutch .. but still have beware the b*i*t*c*h and bully driver on the road.

dun have lah .. only when I travel.

ya, manual can drive oversea. anyway, my hb has manual and i've auto are good enough. :yamseng:

still have not decided if we shd get or not... coz after calculations, it is still cheaper not to own a car :yamseng:

we'll see our needs and our assets after reno etc then will decide :dribble:

oh, you're driving your dad's car. nowadays cars are quite cheap and even have cash rebate, just get yourself one. actually, monthly installment of $400+ is still ok liao. :P

korean cars are :):P for me :P

yup, korean cars no no for us too (although its my nick, hahaha). we prefer japanese cars. korean cars always must send to workshop and not much value. a honda salesman told us he had a customer drove hyundai and wanted to change honda but had to top up $20k+ cash. after hearing that, his customer run away bcos korean cars have no value. :rolleyes:

but that's quite bad considering the cc of the getz :dunno:

jazz is better in term of petrol consumption. :( but of course its expensive than getz. !!

katvolution have u done any planning for your reno and wedding? to pay for a new car, new house plus wedding within such a short period of time very xiong arh. and are u taking any reno loan?

For us our reno & furniture comes up to $40k plus. and plus misc other stuff should be around 5k more. wedding expenses and honeymoon also need around $20k . but with proper planning, at least we dun have to take on any loan and able to paid for everything in cash still with comfortable savings left.

and its really no joke lei, i told my hb we would already spend like 60k plus by the end of this year and he was like :yamseng: i am also taken back by the amount of $ we have paid..

and does it make you wonder how the H** you come up with this kind of money :dunno:

katvolution have u done any planning? to pay for a new car, new house plus wedding xiong arh. are u taking any reno loan?

For us our reno & furniture comes up to $40k plus. and plus misc other stuff should be around 5k more. wedding expenses and honeymoon also need around $20k . but with proper planning, at least we dun have to take on any loan and able to paid for everything in cash still with comfortable savings left.

and its really no joke lei, i told my hb we would already spend like 60k plus by the end of this year and he was like :dunno: .

Hi Diva79, we had done planning. Have to lar. Unless we are rich and got enuff gold bars in our banks. It's true that it's very xiong at the moment. We got to cut down on many things. We seldom play mahjong lately. :P And on weekdays, we only eat at home for dinners. Even weekends, we try to eat at home if possible. :)

Monthly, we will put aside a part of my bf's pay for instalment of the car. I will also try to chip in for petrol. Must share share.. :yamseng:

We had got most of our furniture for the past 2 months liao. TV, bed, mattress, dining table, etc. Left the sofa only. Our renovation will be about 35k-40K.. No loan taken, cause we will dump in whatever cash we can afford. We are still waiting for the actual quotation. Will cut down whatever we think is not necessary after that.

The only loan we have is the car loan and HDB loan lor. We also very scared to have too many loans. Cannot afford to pay off.

We also will put aside a sum of $$ for the wedding dinner and stuffs. Maybe, we will just skip the honeymoon for the time being. It really depends on whether we can make $$ from the dinner or not. :( But of course, we don't count on that.

Just leave everything to fate bah.

No matter how hard this period is for us, we will walk hand in hand together.. :P

hmm guess i have unreasonable expectation?

coz we getting around 9km/litre on a 2.5 auto car

so i was thinking fc should improve as the cc decreases

but seems like not that much :yamseng:

btw, not all japanses brand cars are from japan nowadays. honda city and accords are from thailand but the rest are from japan. toyota vios should be from thailand but altis i'm unsure. :yamseng:

oh, you're driving your dad's car. nowadays cars are quite cheap and even have cash rebate, just get yourself one. actually, monthly installment of $400+ is still ok liao. :yamseng:

is there any prob with me driving my dad's car?

even though i can afford a mthly installment of $400+, i wont go around telling ppl that it's CHEAP!

i guess i know how to plan my OWN finances and i certainly DO NOT need anyone to tell me if i shd get one myself or not!

if u're tinking that i'm leeching on my dad coz i'm using his car, sorry. u're wrong

i give him extra for the petrol and some other expenses that i can afford.

it's basically more to lighten his financial burden more than just to get a car of MY OWN

i only need a car for transportation, not for boasting in forums.

anyway, i'm wasting my time explaining things to u. shdnt expect much from bimbotic minds.