Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

Door Facing Balcony

pls keep your OWN version of interpretation of buddhism to yourself.

the buddha SAID nothing of what you mentioned.

Enci,

Please mind your word ! Buddha never said such thing, you do not speak on behalf of or represent Buddha or neither do you represent the entire world of Buddhist worshipper.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Moderator,

Let me clarify

1) mace actually quoted that someone checks Bazi n fengshui quoted here "we went to a old man(FSM) in marsiling b4, very tok kong and very cheap. He is a hardcore buddhist, thats why many things either free or very low price." so, to clarify the Buddhist stand, there is a strong need to refute such misrepesntation, esp linking the buddhist faith n fengshui under one areana talk.

Lastly, it is my responsibility as a Buddhist to protect the Buddhist faith from misrepresentations in any circumstances both cyber and real life.

thank you.

Describe; Description

Question: How do one describe a oldman whose house is full of buddha statues(at least 20-30 of them) and prays to them?

Answer : a hardcore buddhist. wrong? I am only describing what I saw. wrong?

Question: how do one describe a man who places the buddha statue in his bedroom, where he makes love, strips himself naked, right in front of the buddha?

Answer : 1) a devil who is challenging the buddha. 2) a lunatic who is totally out of his mind.

Save yourself first before putting such "great sentences" as to protect the buddhist faith. You are not qualified neither are you good enough. Calling yourself a buddhist is already a GREAT SHAME to the world of buddhism.

Not the Buddha said ??

reference for u :

VINAYA PITAKA - ON CONDUCT OF BUDDHISTS, MAGIC AND PREDICITIONS.

Alternatively, you can visit any Buddhist temples there ... www.4ui.com or visit the Buddhist Library located at Geylang Lor 24 or infact anywhere online regarding Buddhism and Fengshui.

Come on .. FIRST u say Christians n Catholics can see fengshui .. so u wanna complain that the 2 responses from the Christians and Catholics councils are wrong ?

Try Buddhist ? Dun even do that ...

Buddhism is NOT A NAME that u guys can dabble and mix with Fengshui !

More reference coming up for u ...

Badger. have already gave the references for u ... it can be checked from the Buddhist Canon itself .. need not use my source, use any source from any authentic buddhist temple's library or even online, u can find the answer. More sources will be coming up for u for what the Buddha says, so pls dun say that the Buddha did not say and accused that i say it . I am a buddhist and i follow the Buddha's teachings only not humans.

Describe; Description

Question: How do one describe a oldman whose house is full of buddha statues(at least 20-30 of them) and prays to them?

Question: how do one describe a man who places the buddha statue in his bedroom, where he makes love, strips himself naked, right in front of the buddha?

Answer : 1) a devil who is challenging the buddha. 2) a lunatic who is totally out of his mind.

Save yourself first before putting such "great sentences" as to protect the buddhist faith. You are not qualified neither are you good enough. Calling yourself a buddhist is already a GREAT SHAME to the world of buddhism.

I would describe a person who idolizes Buddha statues without much apprehension of Buddhism and in yr case practise and advising plp on Fengshui issues in the identity of a Buddhist is a total wrong. Neither is he a renounced or lay cleric.

Secondly, being a Buddhist that fengshui is not allowed to be practised in a code of religious belief, thus such "FSM" who often appears with double identity as a religious man as well as a FSM is contradiciting and thu cannot be even called upon as a Buddhist or at least not a good representation of the Buddhist Faith.

Third, the Buddha statue being only an object that rep enlightenment and faith is Ok to be placed anywhere at any point of the house with faith and due respect. In the west, angmo buddhists place Buddha statues in the room and have their sexual union. In Japan, Buddha statue are placed in Butsudans and when not worshipped, they are closed within the box becos jap homes are small and they feel disrespectful to expose the Buddha statues to sex and homely issues. Therefore, it is a cultural and mind qns if the Buddha is ok to be placed in the room, I have my Buddha statue in my room as well ... see from my blog. But again, anywhere, any place is OK, most impt is we deeply respect n rever the Buddha within our hearts.

So both of yr provided answers to yr own questions are not my answers and not a Buddhist answer either.

You can badmouth and slander me for being a a shame to my faith but I would definetly not give up in protecting the Buddhist Faith from superstitions which has quietly creep into Buddhism. A Buddhist do not only speak, he/she thinks, understands, comprehends, practises, abide, refutes and shares it generously with people.

Ahhh ... I have no idea if te moderator considers mace as personal attack such as "GREAT SHAME" and placing hard words which had never appeared in my posts such as "lunatic" and "Devil" which appeared more than once.

But my conclusion, ultimately, Fengshui is not helping mace to keep his or her cool. =P

No is a No ... not only the Christians n Catholic Churches are waving NO to fengshui, the Buddhists are also waving NO to fengshui.

On any account or ocassion, I have no intensions to degrade or denouce fengshui and it's beautiful theories, I just wanna keep fengshui out from buddhists and Buddhism.

Thank you

Come on .. FIRST u say Christians n Catholics can see fengshui .. so u wanna complain that the 2 responses from the Christians and Catholics councils are wrong ?

I have christian and catholic friends who engages FSM to see their house. period.

as for the 2 responses;

1) I have been in internet since 1995 - there are many sick low life people around who register mutiple nicknames to support his own of point of view in forum. I normally take it with just a pitch of salt.

2) if those responses were real, only the 2nd reply totally objects to FS, considering fengshui as superstitious, this is their believe, i do not question them. The first one did not object totally. Please open your eyes.

As for VINAYA PITAKA

which page, which rule of the Vinaya Pitaka says fengshui is a superstitious believe?

Please post here, I believe everybody would love to know, which page or sentence of the sutra sees fengshui as a superstitious believe.

this is why I have said this is your OWN personal interpretion of buddhism.

as for the reason why you keep stirring trouble in this forum is actually my "fault", I shouldnt have STOP/reminding you previously that YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO OFFER YOUR SERVICES in this forum. Since then you keep posting nonsense here.

Care to refute my answer below to your claim - " mace actually quoted that someone checks Bazi n fengshui quoted here "we went to a old man(FSM) in marsiling b4, very tok kong and very cheap. He is a hardcore buddhist, thats why many things either free or very low price." so, to clarify the Buddhist stand, there is a strong need to refute such misrepesntation, esp linking the buddhist faith n fengshui under one areana talk. "

Just answer B and C

A) Question: How do one describe a oldman whose house is full of buddha statues(at least 20-30 of them) and prays to them?

B) Question: how do one describe a man who places the buddha statue in his bedroom, where he makes love, strips himself naked, right in front of the buddha?

C) Question : how could a person talks of buddhism and talks of upholding the reputation of buddhism when he himself undress, strips naked, sleeps, do bed biz right INFRONT of the buddha?

your answer :

The BED with Cabinets on the left

Photo_0114.jpg

The same BED with tv rack in front.

Photo_0111.jpg

The same TV rack with the buddha statue.

Photo_0115.jpg

The buddha statue on the same tv rack

Photo_0134.jpg

You are slapping yourself enci!:wub:! You are not qualified to talk about buddhism! And pls dont tell me some high monk told you that you can do all these right in front of the buddha. NOBODY puts a buddha statue in a bedroom!

Edited by MaCe

Seven ways of settling disputes, Adhikaranasamatha.

The Buddha concludes the disciplinary rules for bhikkhus with a Chapter on seven ways of settling cases, Adhikaranasamatha.

Four kinds of cases are listed:

(i) Vivadadhikarana — Disputes as to what is dhamma, what is not dhamma; what is Vinaya, what is not Vinaya; what the Buddha said, what the Buddha did not say; and what constitutes an offence, what is not an offence.

(ii) Anuvadadhikarana — Accusations and disputes arising out of them concerning the virtue, practice, views and way of living of a bhikkhu.

(iii) Apattadhikarana — Infringement of any disciplinary rule.

(iv) Kiccadhikarana — Formal meeting or decisions made by the Samgha.

For settlement of such disputes that may arise from time to time amongst the Order, precise and detailed methods are prescribed under seven heads:

(i) Sammukha Vinaya — before coming to a decision, conducting an enquiry in the presence of both parties in accordance with the rules of Vinaya.

(ii) Sati Vinaya — making a declaration by the Samgha of the innocence of an Arahat against whom some allegations have been made, after asking him if he remembers having committed the offence.

(iii) Amulha Vinaya — making a declaration by the Samgha when the accused is found to be insane.

(iv) Patinnata Karana — making a decision after admission by the party concerned.

(v) Yebhuyyasika Kamma — making a decision in accordance with the majority vote.

(vi) Tassapapiyasika Kamma — making a declaration by the Samgha when the accused proves to be unreliable, making admissions only to retract them, evading questions and telling lies.

(vii) Tinavattharaka Kamma the act of covering up with grass' — exonerating all offences except the offences of Parajika, Samghdisesa and those in connection with laymen and laywomen, when the disputing parties are made to reconcile by the Samgha.

Kevatta Sutta

The Buddha was residing at Nalanda in Pavarika's mango grove. A devoted lay disciple approached the Buddha and urged him to let one of his disciples perform miracles so that the City of Nalanda would become ever so much devoted to the Buddha.

The Buddha told him about the three kinds of miracles which he had known and realised by himself through supernormal knowledge. The first miracle, iddhipatihariya was rejected by the Buddha because it could be mistaken as the black art called Gandhari magic. The Buddha also rejected the second miracle, adesana patihariya which might be mistaken as practice of Cintemani charm. He recommended the performance of the third miracle, the anusasani patihariya, the miracle of the power of the Teaching as it involved practice in Morality, Concentration and Knowledge leading finally to the extinction of Asavas, Asavakkhaye Nana.

more coming up ...

I have made it clear in the previous reply, that to put the Buddha is any area is allright as a Buddhist.

First, the statue of the Buddha only appered 500 yrs after the Buddha's Parinibbana

Second, Buddha images are not icons which the buddha resides in it, it is a represtation of enlightenement and whatever good qualities the Buddha has attained. Eg: The statue of the Buddha normally features the 32 great marks of a Great Aryan and thus the Buddha statue is supposed to be a melting point of our faith and arise the 80 kind of Tathagatha magnificent qualities within us that the Buddha posses.

Third, the placement of Buddha statues in anywhere is bascially a state of mind and in your case, u feel that it is disrespectful for u to honour the Buddha in yr room then you should not, afterall, u got such high reveration n respect for the Buddha is indeed a good sign. So, its bascially about "You feel respectful in where, then that place is a good place".

Let see our christian friends around whom has non-christian families, they too put their little cross and bible in their room to pray and communicate with God. Will Jesus or God see him/ her changing in the room also ???

Fourth, Buddhists are not idol worshippers one of the 10 titles of the Buddha is "All knowing" (Zheng Pian Zhi" the Buddha need not see thru a Buddha statue cos the Buddha virtually can see us anywhere and anytime even without a statue.

Fifth. most japs houses are open concept without room and thus a Butsudan is made to cover the Buddha statues from sexual activities as a mark of respect, as again i would say its good ... how about wetern buddhists who places Buddha statues or altars in their rooms and carry out sex ? Its also not wrong, as long they rever and respect the Buddha. It is more of a cultural problem rather than a religious one.

Sixth, not only you have christians and catholic frens seeking fengshui advise, i too met many. BUT the basic stand from the church is aganist :wub:! and thus should be followed. I see Catholics praying to Guan Yin in desperate situations and indian christians placing hindu deities beside the cross on their altar. But again, this does not jutify them to be right, it should be a practise according to the church or their system of belief not personal style / choice.

seventh, I am offering my service on a free basis. WHY ? becos i believe Buddhism should be free and of help to buddhist families in the process of moving a new house or placement of altars. As compared to Buddhists turning to Fengshui alternatives. HMmMm... see if anyone got charged by my service b4 or not ? oh pls ... not even an angpow.

oPpPSSS... talking bout high monks placing buddha statues in room ah ? u got to check it out for yrself ... i think almost eveery monk got that Buddha statues in their room ... even my shifu, he got loads of it :(!;)!:(!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:!:dribble:! terrible and messy wor ... (haha... i mean not my style la) still got who ah ? Ohh .. u were talking about Ven Hong Choon, u vist his room loh .. still well kept n preserved, he also got many ... it is realy a issue of comfortableness or not .. not so much on the area. This is why whenwver i deal with houses, i alway ask them "where u think u wanna place?" what is the theme of yr house ? do u understand the function of the Buddha statue and a altar ? Buddha statues are not blocks of wood and stones that the Buddha resides in and neither a magic object that will bring anything to your house.

it is to bring about serentiy, confidence and faith in the Buddha.

Supposed I am a poor boy who stays in a toliet, am i wrong to honour the Buddha in the toilet ?

The ans. The Buddha is just within us.

Also thanks for putting my room's picture out to share :dribble:!! but haven renovate yet .. will update everyone when my room finished reno ... Ahh ... the Buddha statue in my room is so wonderful ... so nice that i almosy treat it as an art piece :dribble:!:good:!! where's my faith ????? haha ... Talking about my altar ... i so fedup with my ID tell me "no plp use altar black colour wor" piak his backside !!! 8| cannot expect me put a dragon oriental chinese altar in the centre of my living room with the theme of modern contempary and black used as the main colour to bring out the "class" in it. haha ... deduct my ID's fees liao !

Anyway, i think black n white is now more widely accepted by younger couples but be careful of yr mum and dad's grumbling at yr new house with all those "black spots" which the older generations sees as a mourning and inauspicious colour.

no taboos .. no superstitions ... this is Buddhism !

P/s: Moderator, ermmm... i am not promoting buddhism here but replying to questions quoting sources dun wanna any misunderstandings.

Edited by enci

Requoted from Kopikao on the Catholic and Christian stand on fengshui

If Feng Shui is used as a set of principles to optimise the physical environment for the comfort of the family, it is acceptable. However, as is commonly the case, the use of Feng Shui is about bringing 'luck'

to the family. This would be contrary to the beliefs of Christianity, which teaches that all things are known by God and are according to His will.

The other aspect of the use of Feng Shui is that it should not lead others to think that a Christian family has befallen into some superstitious beliefs, thus causing scandal.

regards,

Veritas webmaster

ask@catholic.org.sg

Thank you for your question. The church is generally against all forms of superstition that hold people in thrall. However, you should separate what is cultural from what is superstitious. May we please refer to you to Daniel Tong’s book on A Biblical Approach to Chinese Traditions and Beliefs, available at www.armourpublishing.com

Or you may approach any Methodist pastor for advice.

Peace,

Web Team

Previous reply from churches when email on belief of Christan faith on Feng shui

[i wld like to remind ALL forummers to be mindful of your own actions & words. Non-constructive comments & tongue slashing against each other r not encouraged in the forum. All these leads to nowhere, in view of dat this topic is closed. Moderators be force to take actions against any forummer who failed to comply ..thanks JuzChris Dated JUN-28]

Edited by JuzChris